In response to a public records request I made to the Escambia County Florida Sheriffs Office, I received the attached documents detailing the cost and duration of the current billboard campaign:" Sheriff Morgan says Lock Your Door, keep it yours." I believe that the $130,080 cost of this publicity campaign is outrageous and that this is a waste of taxpayer money. Please note that this money came from the General Fund(taxpayer dollars) as the check for the first payment for $22,960 to Lamar Advertising indicates.. I'm sure it is only a coincidence that this publicity campaign runs from March 7, 2016 until August 21, 2016. I'm sure it is a only another coincidence that Morgan is featured prominently on these billboards.

If you are unable to open the attached documents, email me at: stopthemomentum@gmail.com and I will return the documents as an attachment to your email. I found it almost comical that the disk I received the information on was a used disk. It seems to me that any cost savings from using used disks for public records requests is negated by the money spent on the above publicity campaign. I believe the used disk is the reason why I had issues downloading the disk and why you may not be able to open the attached link. Please share this information with your friends and relatives who pay taxes in Escambia County.

http://www.zamzar.com/getFiles.php?u...r3dr8J5NxiMAnb

Jay E. Camac
ECSO 1994-2012