Cost of Lock Your Doors Billboards
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

ECSORETIRED

Cost of Lock Your Doors Billboards

In response to a public records request I made to the Escambia County Florida Sheriffs Office, I received the attached documents detailing the cost and duration of the current billboard campaign:" Sheriff Morgan says Lock Your Door, keep it yours." I believe that the $130,080 cost of this publicity campaign is outrageous and that this is a waste of taxpayer money. Please note that this money came from the General Fund(taxpayer dollars) as the check for the first payment for $22,960 to Lamar Advertising indicates.. I'm sure it is only a coincidence that this publicity campaign runs from March 7, 2016 until August 21, 2016. I'm sure it is a only another coincidence that Morgan is featured prominently on these billboards.

If you are unable to open the attached documents, email me at: stopthemomentum@gmail.com and I will return the documents as an attachment to your email. I found it almost comical that the disk I received the information on was a used disk. It seems to me that any cost savings from using used disks for public records requests is negated by the money spent on the above publicity campaign. I believe the used disk is the reason why I had issues downloading the disk and why you may not be able to open the attached link. Please share this information with your friends and relatives who pay taxes in Escambia County.

http://www.zamzar.com/getFiles.php?u...r3dr8J5NxiMAnb

Jay E. Camac
    ECSO 1994-2012

Unregistered
    Jay, if one burglary is prevented in which a gun is stolen that could be used in a potential violent crime, would the expense be worth it?

Unregistered
    I guess we should put the entire budget in billboards. IT may stop one gun from being stolen, NOT

Unregistered

Blame Game

The Sheriff is King of the blame game. Blame the parents for Juveniles that commit crime. Blame the economy for no raises (7 years in a row). Who's he kidding? Blame citizens for unsolved homicides. This is his way of saying that citizens with unlocked doors are to blame for car burglaries. Not fewer patrol deputies, not the absence of an air unit or TAC unit. Not the fact that criminals have free reign because Deputies can't chase and K-9 teams better think long and hard before they let go of that leash. It's the citizens fault. NOT THE SHERIFF'S.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    The Sheriff is King of the blame game. Blame the parents for Juveniles that commit crime. Blame the economy for no raises (7 years in a row). Who's he kidding? Blame citizens for unsolved homicides. This is his way of saying that citizens with unlocked doors are to blame for car burglaries. Not fewer patrol deputies, not the absence of an air unit or TAC unit. Not the fact that criminals have free reign because Deputies can't chase and K-9 teams better think long and hard before they let go of that leash. It's the citizens fault. NOT THE SHERIFF'S.
    Parents are too blame for their kids and when in the last 25 years have we ever been able to just chase cars for any reason?

Unregistered
    Parents are too blame for their kids and when in the last 25 years have we ever been able to just chase cars for any reason?
    Hi Eric glad you could join us.

Unregistered
    Parents are to blame for their kids to an extent. Most other agency's assist with this when possible. The Sherrif pointed his fingers at the parents and said not my problem. Here's a clue, if it affects the crime rate, it's the Sheriff's problem. If a parent doesn't care if thier kids commit crimes, then the Sheriff should. Placing blame and pointing fingers helps no one but the Sheriffs image.

Under Jim Lowman we chased just about everyone who ran. Ronnie Mac restricted that some but we still chased burglary suspects, stolen cars, robbery suspects etc. we also chased dui's and when circumstances were not aggravated. Under Morgan we chase only those that can be shot or if deadly force is reasonable.

I notice you didn't mention, the K-9's or fewer patrol Deputies or the absence of the air unit and TAC. You must agree with me on those.

Unregistered
    Parents are to blame for their kids to an extent. Most other agency's assist with this when possible. The Sherrif pointed his fingers at the parents and said not my problem. Here's a clue, if it affects the crime rate, it's the Sheriff's problem. If a parent doesn't care if thier kids commit crimes, then the Sheriff should. Placing blame and pointing fingers helps no one but the Sheriffs image.

Under Jim Lowman we chased just about everyone who ran. Ronnie Mac restricted that some but we still chased burglary suspects, stolen cars, robbery suspects etc. we also chased dui's and when circumstances were not aggravated. Under Morgan we chase only those that can be shot or if deadly force is reasonable.

I notice you didn't mention, the K-9's or fewer patrol Deputies or the absence of the air unit and TAC. You must agree with me on those.
    No not stolen cars but yes i agree.

Unregistered
    Judging by the number of car burglaries that are occurring the campaign billboard signs promoting "lock your doors" dont appear to be working. A quick check of the call log indicates 24 vehicle burglaries were reported in the early morning hours today. There also seems to be a uptick in stolen car complaints as well. Ever care to guess how many of those started out as a simple car burglary?

Unregistered
    Your signal 15 fees are helping to pay for those billboards which are nothing more than Morgan campaign signs disguised as public service announcements.

Pay up and don't be late!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast