Pompano - Page 27
Page 27 of 38 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: Pompano

Unregistered

Reverse racism addressed. Fabrication to continue the discrimination

Go ahead justify your attacks and don't stop.

Compared to Jim Crow racism, the ideology of color blindness seems like ‘‘racism lite.’’ Instead of relying on name calling (******s, Spics, Chinks), color-blind racism otherizes softly (‘‘these people are human, too’’); instead of proclaiming God placed minorities in the world in a servile position, it suggests they are behind because they do not work hard enough; instead of viewing interracial marriage as wrong on a straight racial basis, it regards it as ‘‘problematic’’ because of concerns over the children, location, or the extra burden it places on couples. Yet this new ideology has become a formidable political tool for the maintenance of the racial order. Much as Jim Crow racism served as the glue for defending a brutal and overt system of racial oppression in the pre–Civil Rights era, color-blind racism serves today as the ideological armor for a covert and institutionalized system in the post–Civil Rights era. And the beauty of this new ideology is that it aids in the maintenance of white privilege without fanfare, without naming those who it subjects and those who it rewards. It allows a president to state things such as, ‘‘I strongly support diversity of all kinds, including racial diversity in higher education,’’ yet, at the same time, to characterize the University of Michigan’s affirmation action program as ‘‘flawed’’ and ‘‘discriminatory’’ against whites. Thus whites enunciate positions that safeguard their racial interests without sounding ‘‘racist.’’ Shielded by color blindness, whites can express resentment toward minorities; criticize their morality, values, and work ethic; and even claim to be the victims of ‘‘reverse racism.’’

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Go ahead justify your attacks and don't stop.

Compared to Jim Crow racism, the ideology of color blindness seems like ‘‘racism lite.’’ Instead of relying on name calling (******s, Spics, Chinks), color-blind racism otherizes softly (‘‘these people are human, too’’); instead of proclaiming God placed minorities in the world in a servile position, it suggests they are behind because they do not work hard enough; instead of viewing interracial marriage as wrong on a straight racial basis, it regards it as ‘‘problematic’’ because of concerns over the children, location, or the extra burden it places on couples. Yet this new ideology has become a formidable political tool for the maintenance of the racial order. Much as Jim Crow racism served as the glue for defending a brutal and overt system of racial oppression in the pre–Civil Rights era, color-blind racism serves today as the ideological armor for a covert and institutionalized system in the post–Civil Rights era. And the beauty of this new ideology is that it aids in the maintenance of white privilege without fanfare, without naming those who it subjects and those who it rewards. It allows a president to state things such as, ‘‘I strongly support diversity of all kinds, including racial diversity in higher education,’’ yet, at the same time, to characterize the University of Michigan’s affirmation action program as ‘‘flawed’’ and ‘‘discriminatory’’ against whites. Thus whites enunciate positions that safeguard their racial interests without sounding ‘‘racist.’’ Shielded by color blindness, whites can express resentment toward minorities; criticize their morality, values, and work ethic; and even claim to be the victims of ‘‘reverse racism.’’
    Thank God for the cut and paste feature. Lol. Again, back to the original topic. A2 Pompano command.

Unregistered

Will the rest of the Pompano Command Staff remain silent?

One reason why, in general terms, whites and people of color cannot agree on racial matters is because they conceive terms such as ‘‘racism’’ very differently. Whereas for most whites racism is prejudice, for most people of color racism is systemic or institutionalized. Although this is not a theory, my examination of color-blind racism has etched in it the indelible ink of a ‘‘regime of truth’’ about how the world is organized. Thus, rather than hiding my theoretical assumptions, I state them openly for the benefit of intelligent readers and potential critics.

The first key term is the notion of race. There is very little formal disagreement among social scientists in accepting the idea that race is a socially constructed category. This means that notions of racial difference are human creations rather than eternal, essential categories. As such, racial categories have a history and are subject to change. And here ends the agreement among social scientists on this matter. There are at least three distinct variations on how social scientists approach this constructionist perspective on race. The first approach, which is gaining popularity among white social scientists, is the idea that because race is socially constructed, it is not a fundamental category of analysis and praxis. Some analysts go as far as to suggest that because race is a constructed category, then it is not real and social scientists who use the category are the ones who make it real.

The second approach, typical of most sociological writing on race, gives lip service to the social constructionist view—usually a line in the beginning of the article or book. Writers in this group then proceed to discuss ‘‘racial’’ differences in academic achievement, crime, and SAT scores as if they were truly racial. This is the central way in which contemporary scholars contribute to the propagation of racist interpretations of racial inequality. By failing to highlight the social dynamics that produce these racial differences, these scholars help reinforce the racial order.

Unregistered
    One reason why, in general terms, whites and people of color cannot agree on racial matters is because they conceive terms such as ‘‘racism’’ very differently. Whereas for most whites racism is prejudice, for most people of color racism is systemic or institutionalized. Although this is not a theory, my examination of color-blind racism has etched in it the indelible ink of a ‘‘regime of truth’’ about how the world is organized. Thus, rather than hiding my theoretical assumptions, I state them openly for the benefit of intelligent readers and potential critics.

The first key term is the notion of race. There is very little formal disagreement among social scientists in accepting the idea that race is a socially constructed category. This means that notions of racial difference are human creations rather than eternal, essential categories. As such, racial categories have a history and are subject to change. And here ends the agreement among social scientists on this matter. There are at least three distinct variations on how social scientists approach this constructionist perspective on race. The first approach, which is gaining popularity among white social scientists, is the idea that because race is socially constructed, it is not a fundamental category of analysis and praxis. Some analysts go as far as to suggest that because race is a constructed category, then it is not real and social scientists who use the category are the ones who make it real.

The second approach, typical of most sociological writing on race, gives lip service to the social constructionist view—usually a line in the beginning of the article or book. Writers in this group then proceed to discuss ‘‘racial’’ differences in academic achievement, crime, and SAT scores as if they were truly racial. This is the central way in which contemporary scholars contribute to the propagation of racist interpretations of racial inequality. By failing to highlight the social dynamics that produce these racial differences, these scholars help reinforce the racial order.
    Cut and paste. Again. Back to topic. A2 Pompano command

Unregistered

Back to A2. We know you can't stop, that's part of the definition of vicious

Vicious:
    vi·cious\ˈvi-shəs\
    adjective
    : very violent and cruel
    : very dangerous
    : having or showing very angry or cruel feelings
    Full Definition
    1 : having the nature or quality of vice or immorality : depraved — (see 1vice)
    2 : defective, faulty; also : invalid
    3 : impure, noxious
    4 a : dangerously aggressive : savage <a vicious dog>
    b : marked by violence or ferocity : fierce <a vicious fight>
    5 : malicious, spiteful <vicious gossip>
    6 : worsened by internal causes that reciprocally augment each other <a vicious wage-price spiral>

A new form of prejudice has come to prominence, one that is preoccupied with matters of moral character, informed by the virtues associated with the traditions of individualism. At its center are the contentions that blacks do not try hard enough to overcome the difficulties they face and that they take what they have not earned. Today, we say, prejudice is expressed in the language of American individualism.

Unregistered
    RN is not the problem, hell neither is WA, the problem is the individual deputies that work there, especially in area 2. Most are individual's and don't know the meaning of teamwork. It's a non stop fck fest, and I don't mean the good one... And the sad part about it is the Command doesn't do anything to hold those individuals accountable. You got a handful of deputies running around all night, not taking 40, 65 calls one after the other and then you have those that will stay 10-6 as long as possible so that they won't get dispatched. Or the professional 94s that are rampant... that is what the command, sgts need to fix.

Unregistered
    RN is not the problem, hell neither is WA, the problem is the individual deputies that work there, especially in area 2. Most are individual's and don't know the meaning of teamwork. It's a non stop fck fest, and I don't mean the good one... And the sad part about it is the Command doesn't do anything to hold those individuals accountable. You got a handful of deputies running around all night, not taking 40, 65 calls one after the other and then you have those that will stay 10-6 as long as possible so that they won't get dispatched. Or the professional 94s that are rampant... that is what the command, sgts need to fix.
    They are reflective of the leadership!!

Unregistered

The boy who cried racism

Political Correctness is coming to an end, the days of screaming "racist" at everyone who does not agree are over.

Unregistered

The boy whose denial makes him believe that racism does not exist

If the ultimate goal of the dominant race is to defend its collective interests (i.e., the perpetuation of systemic white privilege), it should surprise no one that this group develops rationalizations to account for the status of the various races. And here I introduce my third key term, the notion of racial ideology. By this I mean the racially based frameworks used by actors to explain and justify (dominant race) or challenge (subordinate race or races) the racial status quo. Although all the races in a racialized social system have the capacity of developing these frameworks, the frameworks of the dominant race tend to become the master frameworks upon which all racial actors ground (for or against) their ideological positions. Why? Because as Marx pointed out in The German Ideology, ‘‘the ruling material force of society, is at the same time its ruling intellectual force.’’

Go ahead, go on, don't stop, press on, stay in your state of excited delirium. Racism does not exist at all, just the superior race that you are part of it.

Unregistered
    If the ultimate goal of the dominant race is to defend its collective interests (i.e., the perpetuation of systemic white privilege), it should surprise no one that this group develops rationalizations to account for the status of the various races. And here I introduce my third key term, the notion of racial ideology. By this I mean the racially based frameworks used by actors to explain and justify (dominant race) or challenge (subordinate race or races) the racial status quo. Although all the races in a racialized social system have the capacity of developing these frameworks, the frameworks of the dominant race tend to become the master frameworks upon which all racial actors ground (for or against) their ideological positions. Why? Because as Marx pointed out in The German Ideology, ‘‘the ruling material force of society, is at the same time its ruling intellectual force.’’

Go ahead, go on, don't stop, press on, stay in your state of excited delirium. Racism does not exist at all, just the superior race that you are part of it.
    I am not superior to anyone, and you dont get to blame me for your low self esteem and jaded view of your social status

Page 27 of 38 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast