Minimum Staffing -new contract PBA - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    There are different studies that show different. Initially it appears to be long hours but you will get more days off. Rotating 3-days weekends are like having small vacations every other week. Now if you comp out 2 days then you will have an entire week off. The people who are against it, are only those with the weekends off. Besides, this is only for road patrol and not the specialized units that are better off with a 4-10 schedule.

Unregistered

1400frank

They say "safety in numbers. "
    What do you call it when neighborhoods literally do not have any patrol officers working? It's not just unsafe for the officers, it's unsafe for everyone!

What are the minimum number of cops on the street in Kendall at any given time? Do you mean to say that there is not a minimum number set, or guaranteed to the citizens?
    I don't think everybody even knows this.

Unregistered
    They are coming my friends, thousands of applicants are being processed as we speak and many more are applying. Take a deep breath.

Unregistered
    But we have body cameras so everything is completely solved. Make sure you arrest everything that moves cause someone challenge your discretion.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    But we have body cameras so everything is completely solved. Make sure you arrest everything that moves cause someone challenge your discretion.
    That's coming very soon. Some news channel genius is going to do an "investigative report". Why do officers give 22 year olds tickets while the 23 year olds get a verbal warning. So, my suggestion, arrest and ticket everything. Tell the arrestees and ticketed to thank our great mayor.

Unregistered
    Many people who work at Halendale PD and Sarasota Sheriffs office hate the 12 hour shift, total moral killer and very hard on the bodies for the cops, pray that doesn't happen here
    Doral, Miami Gardens, Sunny isles, Surfside, Key Biscayne, Hollywood, Coconut Creek, Miramar, Sunrise, Seminole, BSO (certain districts), Monroe Sheriff, Collier Sheriff, Lee Sheriff, and many more like the 12 hour shifts. I worked that schedule many years ago and a three-day weekend, every other weekend sounds awesome to spend with the family. I really wish we could have that option.

Unregistered
    Doral, Miami Gardens, Sunny isles, Surfside, Key Biscayne, Hollywood, Coconut Creek, Miramar, Sunrise, Seminole, BSO (certain districts), Monroe Sheriff, Collier Sheriff, Lee Sheriff, and many more like the 12 hour shifts. I worked that schedule many years ago and a three-day weekend, every other weekend sounds awesome to spend with the family. I really wish we could have that option.
    Spoken like someone who has never work alpha/bravo. It gets old after the 2nd day.

Unregistered
    Forget the shift length. How about just getting a backup officer! PBA keeps telling us to not handle calls without a backup officer assigned. Meanwhile the calls keep stacking up and people get upset when you show up to their house 45 minutes or more after they called 911.
    I'm sick and tired of working the street without backup!! We can't even man a perimeter the right way.

Unregistered
    [QUOTE=Unregistered;2614604]Spoken like someone who has never work alpha/bravo. It gets old after the 2nd day.[/QUOTE

Great timing on the answer yes its true it works for SOME people, but what if it doesn't work for you? what if you have a kid playing sports, A spouse you want to see sometime or an elderly parent. Simple math if your working ALPHA/Bravo every day your not doing much more than working and sleeping.

A Mirramar officer recently applied to our Department for these very reasons, if it works for you then its great but god please don't apply to everybody.

And how tired are you going to be humping calls for 12 hrs in the hot districts?

what about the math? just for giggles I took our commanders report and split the afternoon shift in half giving half to mids and half to days. The result? 10 officers on each guessing they would keep 3 squads on each new plt you get 3 new officers each. Is that really going to make a huge difference? I am not sure

Unregistered
    How do 12 hour shifts work for people with kids? There is no good shift to be able to get your kids to/from School and other activities.

If both parents are home and the other parent isn't a LEO then it can sorta work. Even 4-10's create issues.

But hey, some mixture of 5-8s, 4-10s, and 12's might work. At least it would be harder for crooks to figure out our shift change times.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast