Am I wasting my time?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

Am I wasting my time?

I'm 19 and I'm trying to become a police officer for Lauderhill, but from what I've seen on these forums applicants fill out the application and never get any responses, am I wasting my time applying? Or should I try my luck somewhere else?

Unregistered

Post Tell me about it

Man this department is a little behind to be honest. They haven't had a Recruiter/Background investigator who is committed to this department. Thats all supposedly going to change later this year in 2016. November to be exact as it has finally been addressed. They behind in terms of vehicles, radios being used, and most importantly recruiting. Sunrise Police has been doing a lot of there work for them. I actually applied here and spoke with the former recruiter . Detective Coletti, and was pretty far in the stages , till i found he had resigned and was no longer with the department.

Unregistered
    Nobody wants a turd. Sounds like you work here and don't want to go back to patrol

Unregistered

Come again??

Actually I'm a citizen passing by MY community on what I see. Also I got to the town meetings.

The Sheepdog
    Dear Misinformed Resident,

We have three guys doing recruiting full time.

We have new radios.

We have new cars rolling out every year,

Sunrise PD has never done any of our work for us.

Some of the applicants dont meet department standards, so they are declined as they should be. This would lead to individuals not even getting a call back after leaving an application.

We did have a civilian recruiting position which we just filled. That is probably why you thought nothing was happening with hiring.

Thank you for being a concerned resident. Your city is in good hands.

Yours truly,

The Sheepdog

Unregistered
    Hey guys, a couple questions! Hoping someone can help me out. Filling out an application and i need to know the following.

Where it says are you indebted to anyone both you and your spouse...do i include hospital bills or just credit card type stuff?

Where it says what are your mothly payments, does that include just me or my wife too?

Any help would be huge!

Junior Member LEO Affairs Recruit
    If there is so many guys working full time, why does it take two or three months too hear from someone?

The Sheepdog
    Have you contacted the recruiter? Keeping your name at the back of his is not bad thing and it shows interest that you seriously want this job.

Unregistered
    Not sure why there is so much negativity about LPD. I went through the process and it wasn't painful at all. Smooth every step. You have to have patience as you are not the only person they are trying to pass through. Good luck! Its an awesome department and city to work for.

Unregistered

Tac Outer Vest

Question I notice A lot of agencies in the area are going to the Tac outer vest. I wanted to know does Lauderhill Police Department where the Tac Outer vest where they can put everything on the belt to be comfortable?

Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast