Colonel, could you please come out the closet? - Page 7
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    None on the weekends, holidays or evenings when it really matters!!! And still getting high risk retirement and a take home vehicle!!

Exactly Exactly Exactly. Where I'm at, the brass all work M-F 6a-2p. The brass should all be required to work at least one crash a month, IMO. It's too separated right now, you have those who do all the work, and those who tell the former what to do and how to do it, but don't do anything themselves. As far as "Arrive Alive", that was a HORRIBLE idea, complete idiocity, just more for the working class to do.

Unregistered
    Exactly Exactly Exactly. Where I'm at, the brass all work M-F 6a-2p. The brass should all be required to work at least one crash a month, IMO. It's too separated right now, you have those who do all the work, and those who tell the former what to do and how to do it, but don't do anything themselves. As far as "Arrive Alive", that was a HORRIBLE idea, complete idiocity, just more for the working class to do.
    IMO Opinions are like assholes we all got one and they all are different. Grow up lazy moron!!! Crybaby generation!

Unregistered
    God forbid the working class have to actually work!!! Waaa Waaa cry baby generation!!

Unregistered
    God forbid the working class have to actually work!!! Waaa Waaa cry baby generation!!
    Nah, I enjoy my permanent day shift, weekends and holidays off with my specialty pay and nice vehicle. You need to earn your spots and enjoy the benefits. Remember RHIP "Rank Has It's Privileges."

Unregistered
    Nah, I enjoy my permanent day shift, weekends and holidays off with my specialty pay and nice vehicle. You need to earn your spots and enjoy the benefits. Remember RHIP "Rank Has It's Privileges."
    Team Player

Unregistered
    Team Player
    Yep, sometimes you take one for the team, but you can't be expected to do it all! everyone needs to do their share and earn the perks.

Unregistered
    FHP has always had a quota! Please, public records request on how many Arrive Alive the Col, Chief and majors has completed!
    How many Arrive Alive the brass does isn't the point.

They orders to do a minimum amount of enforcement activity just for Arrive Alive has come down from command. And backed up with the threat of discipline.

That's the issue.

Unregistered

They orders to do a minimum amount of enforcement activity just for Arrive Alive has come down from command. And backed up with the threat of discipline.

That's the issue.
    Wow!!! You sound like it is wrong for them to ask you to do your job. Grow up crybaby!!!!

Unregistered

That's the issue.
    I guess you feel that it is wrong to get disciplined for not following orders. Do your job dipshit crybaby!!!!

Unregistered
    The orders to do a certain amount of enforcement activity just for Arrive Alive has come down from command. And backed up with the threat of discipline.
    316.640 Enforcement.—The enforcement of the traffic laws of this state is vested as follows:
    (1) STATE.—
    (a)1.a. The Division of Florida Highway Patrol of the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles;
    (8) TRAFFIC ENFORCEMENT AGENCY.—
    (a) Any agency or governmental entity designated in subsection (1), subsection (2), or subsection (3), including a university, a Florida College System institution, a school board, or an airport authority, is a traffic enforcement agency for purposes of this section and s. 316.650.
    (b) A traffic enforcement agency may not establish a traffic citation quota.

2015 CS/SB 264 Traffic Enforcement Agencies and Traffic Citations

Legislative Bill Review

http://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill...15s0264.fp.PDF

Traffic Citation Quotas

The term “traffic citation quota” is not defined in statute. However, it is commonly defined as any establishment of a predetermined or specified number of traffic citations a traffic enforcement officer must issue within a specified time. In some instances, quotas have been used as a way to measure an officer’s performance. The prohibition of a traffic citation quota can also include the prohibition of any evaluation, promotion, compensation, or discipline based on a specific number of citations issued.
    According to correspondence with the Florida’s Police Chiefs Association, issuing traffic citations is only part of a traffic enforcement officer’s enumerated duties; performance is more effectively measured by shifting an officer’s focus to “stopping the errant driving behavior” versus a focus on issuing traffic citations. An officer’s performance evaluation, when assessing matters dealing with traffic safety, also includes:

-Providing for the safe and convenient flow of traffic and pedestrians;
    -Investigating traffic crashes;
    -Providing first aid;
    -Conducting DUI investigations;
    -Promoting vehicular and pedestrian safety; and
    -Reporting unsafe road conditions.

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast