Colonel, could you please come out the closet? - Page 14
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    You wouldn't last a week in a command position. You don't get it and nobody can expect you to. Get to work and quit complaining.
    Knowing how bad our upper command staff is, I still find it hard to believe that this is actually one of them talking. I'm sure they think all this stuff, but I doubt they spend there time on here.

Unregistered
    If you are making $120,000 a year, you're one of the guys in charge so hire better people if that is the reason! Wait, all you do is complain and do nothing about the pitiful pay and raises! If we do get good people they don't stay! FHP is on the brink of destruction by the people who can change it! More money, retain who we have and work crashes! That and only that should be our focus now! And by working crashes that means everyone! Not just my sgt, the clps and trps! You make $120,000 pull some case numbers!
    Ok, for putting up with YOU, about 150K

Unregistered
    Knowing how bad our upper command staff is, I still find it hard to believe that this is actually one of them talking. I'm sure they think all this stuff, but I doubt they spend there time on here.
    You might be right, but most of their ego's wouldn't fit on 747! I'm sure they have someone (LT or above) to defend them/FHP keeping an eye on this site.

Unregistered

Unregistered
    There probably are people on here that are Lt or above. Shouldn't worry anyone. Not everyone who defends is a supervisor.

Unregistered
    So I guess the Col is going to go through with bumping starting pay up and nothing to the guys that have been here? Wow! TAKE CARE OF YOUR CURRENT EMPLOYEES FIRST! We are all planning on leaving and soon! This agency will be left with a bunch of 20 plus guys who don't care and are waiting on retirement and a bunch of troopers with NO experience! Tallahassee let me break it down to all of you on how this retainment, no pay raise for current employees works: New recruit shows up to Troop HQ to meet FTO. FTO has one or maybe two years on FHP because there are hardly no troopers with 5-15 years left working at this agency. So the new trooper who is making the same $$$ as his/her FTO hits the road. New recruit makes it through FTO with flying colors and is ready to keep that golden response time down for the brass. FTO finds out that the recruit he just trained makes as much as he does and resigns from FTO program and has app in to local SO or PD. Now, the recently released recruit is feeling great! He's a trooper! Well, the bills start coming! He/she finds girlfriend/boyfriend and is in love. New recruit realizes working 32 extra hours a week just to have a decent car or place to live isn't what the new recruit envisioned a career as a state trooper would be! Well, new recruit starts to hang around some of the Sr troopers, and by Sr with this agency 3-5 years! They break it down to him! They are just waiting on something better because they too now make the same of less than this new recruit! The final straw is when the recruit meets up with one of the 15 plus troopers. It is at that time the new guy realizes that all he's been told by this agency is smoke and mirrors! He isn't going to get ANYTHING for being loyal to this agency in terms of a decent wage! He starts exploring new options! About this time in our story a new group of recruits report to troop HQ and the cycle starts again! Col do something to KEEP the keep the people you have, not just hire them!!

Unregistered
    So I guess the Col is going to go through with bumping starting pay up and nothing to the guys that have been here? Wow! TAKE CARE OF YOUR CURRENT EMPLOYEES FIRST! We are all planning on leaving and soon! This agency will be left with a bunch of 20 plus guys who don't care and are waiting on retirement and a bunch of troopers with NO experience! Tallahassee let me break it down to all of you on how this retainment, no pay raise for current employees works: New recruit shows up to Troop HQ to meet FTO. FTO has one or maybe two years on FHP because there are hardly no troopers with 5-15 years left working at this agency. So the new trooper who is making the same $$$ as his/her FTO hits the road. New recruit makes it through FTO with flying colors and is ready to keep that golden response time down for the brass. FTO finds out that the recruit he just trained makes as much as he does and resigns from FTO program and has app in to local SO or PD. Now, the recently released recruit is feeling great! He's a trooper! Well, the bills start coming! He/she finds girlfriend/boyfriend and is in love. New recruit realizes working 32 extra hours a week just to have a decent car or place to live isn't what the new recruit envisioned a career as a state trooper would be! Well, new recruit starts to hang around some of the Sr troopers, and by Sr with this agency 3-5 years! They break it down to him! They are just waiting on something better because they too now make the same of less than this new recruit! The final straw is when the recruit meets up with one of the 15 plus troopers. It is at that time the new guy realizes that all he's been told by this agency is smoke and mirrors! He isn't going to get ANYTHING for being loyal to this agency in terms of a decent wage! He starts exploring new options! About this time in our story a new group of recruits report to troop HQ and the cycle starts again! Col do something to KEEP the keep the people you have, not just hire them!!
    What they said!!

Unregistered
    What they said!!
    If you havent promoted by 5 years your useless! Your ticket numbers go down even after we implement cad pay. So why would we raise pay for anyone over 3 years when they begin to work less, take longer. It makes better sense to bring in new guys who are ready to go out there and write tickets and work all the specialty details! Just LEAVE already because your taking the spot for someone who will write more tickets!

Unregistered
    If you havent promoted by 5 years your useless! Your ticket numbers go down even after we implement cad pay. So why would we raise pay for anyone over 3 years when they begin to work less, take longer. It makes better sense to bring in new guys who are ready to go out there and write tickets and work all the specialty details! Just LEAVE already because your taking the spot for someone who will write more tickets!
    I remember in a troop meeting when Col CK told everyone to just write more tickets, the law makers would see that and give us a great pay raise! Hummmmm! Wonder how that turned out! The problem everyone is leaving this agency regardless of how much time they have been here!!! It's all about the money now folks! Good luck to the brass working a zone! That will all that is left soon!

Unregistered

Where’s the colonel

Has anyone heard or seen the Colonel? Is he alive? Only thing you hear from him is about line of duty death e-mail at the end of the month. What happened to the Quaterly Colonel and Troopers meeting? Talking about being in it for just a pay check. Colonel could you please come out the closet! Can we track him with a Rocket? AVL?? He has to be at the house his whole shift. No one ever sees him. 😳

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast