Colonel, could you please come out the closet? - Page 11
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    'I will not work a shift other than banker hours with you little people! I'm the smartest the FHP has to offer, just ask me! I didn't make it to the gold status by who I know or who I hang out with! I made it because I'm the smartest, just ask me! Yes little people I have a take home car and get every perk that you do but I'm too smart and too important to work anything other than banker hours! I will continue to drive past DAV's and signal fours'! I'm too smart for that, just ask me!!! Thanks, The Brass!
    You are a moron! Apparently you actually believe you are smarter than everyone else, but you probably haven't passed the promotion exam, I don't believe you have enough intelligence to pass the exam.

Unregistered
    Just another example of the F'ing retards that post here. We keep wondering why no one gives two sh*ts about us, people who post crap like this jack wagon!
    Why should they care when our leaders aren't part of the "team"? I'm sure the public would love to see more patrolling on weekends and holidays! I'm sure if they knew the brass were making $80,000 plus they would want their money's worth!

Unregistered
    Why should they care when our leaders aren't part of the "team"? I'm sure the public would love to see more patrolling on weekends and holidays! I'm sure if they knew the brass were making $80,000 plus they would want their money's worth!
    So having the chiefs or majors out patrolling on weekends is going to make the public happy. What area in the multiple counties they are responsible for do you want them patrolling in. Not to mention they do not get holiday comp or any OT, but to make you feel better to prove they are part of the team, I am all for it.

Unregistered
    So having the chiefs or majors out patrolling on weekends is going to make the public happy. What area in the multiple counties they are responsible for do you want them patrolling in. Not to mention they do not get holiday comp or any OT, but to make you feel better to prove they are part of the team, I am all for it.
    Other agencies have their supervisors come out for special events. We should be no different. There are times when having a captain or a major at an event can solve a lot of issues. Just the mere presence of that authority could stop a lot of complaints and other agencies taking advantage of us.

Upper brass has their responsibilities and can't be out there all the time and frankly I wouldn't want them there all the time. But it would be beneficial some times.

Unregistered
    Not sure where you guys work but in my area it's not uncommon for supervisors to help out road troopers and other supervisors. I remember not to long ago being on midnight's and getting a last minute call to go to Tallahassee. At two in the morning I heard my captain take a x8. Then he called me on the phone and told me to go home and get a few extra hours of sleep. Not the first time and probably won't be the last that a district supervisor hooked one of us up. I'm proud of the people I work with. I wish the rest of you were.

Unregistered
    I should also mention that the troopers do what they can to make life easier for the supervisors. It's a two way street. We help them and they help us.

Unregistered

pof

Any other districts experience unusually high amounts of counseling letters being issued for relatively trivial things? Evidently the patrol got popped by CALEA for not administering enough counseling letters and discipline so there is a push by the brass to get the numbers up.

Unregistered
    Making a $100,000 plus (with high risk retirement and take home car to office and back) I don't think missing some OT will make or break them. They can comp it out just like the "road guys" are required to do. Don't try to pull the wool over our eyes. You work a holiday you get the time to comp out! Pay me $100,000 and I would never need any OT! Not oranges to oranges when most troopers are making under $40,000. I have never seen anyone higher rank than a sergeant out on midnights or hoildays in my troop! But again, tell us how hard it is! LEO is 24/7 taking care of the road!

Unregistered
    Making a $100,000 plus (with high risk retirement and take home car to office and back) I don't think missing some OT will make or break them. They can comp it out just like the "road guys" are required to do. Don't try to pull the wool over our eyes. You work a holiday you get the time to comp out! Pay me $100,000 and I would never need any OT! Not oranges to oranges when most troopers are making under $40,000. I have never seen anyone higher rank than a sergeant out on midnights or hoildays in my troop! But again, tell us how hard it is! LEO is 24/7 taking care of the road!
    Somebody needs to take the wheel of this agency and quick!

Unregistered
    My major and lt is lost in the daylight! Couldn't imagine them working even a 3-11 shift!

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast