+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 139
 
  1. #71
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    316.640 Enforcement.—The enforcement of the traffic laws of this state is vested as follows:
    (1) STATE.—
    (a)1.a. The Division of Florida Highway Patrol of the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles;
    (8) TRAFFIC ENFORCEMENT AGENCY.—
    (a) Any agency or governmental entity designated in subsection (1), subsection (2), or subsection (3), including a university, a Florida College System institution, a school board, or an airport authority, is a traffic enforcement agency for purposes of this section and s. 316.650.
    (b) A traffic enforcement agency may not establish a traffic citation quota.
    *****************




    2015 CS/SB 264 Traffic Enforcement Agencies and Traffic Citations

    Legislative Bill Review

    http://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill...15s0264.fp.PDF


    Traffic Citation Quotas

    The term “traffic citation quota” is not defined in statute. However, it is commonly defined as any establishment of a predetermined or specified number of traffic citations a traffic enforcement officer must issue within a specified time. In some instances, quotas have been used as a way to measure an officer’s performance. The prohibition of a traffic citation quota can also include the prohibition of any evaluation, promotion, compensation, or discipline based on a specific number of citations issued.
    According to correspondence with the Florida’s Police Chiefs Association, issuing traffic citations is only part of a traffic enforcement officer’s enumerated duties; performance is more effectively measured by shifting an officer’s focus to “stopping the errant driving behavior” versus a focus on issuing traffic citations. An officer’s performance evaluation, when assessing matters dealing with traffic safety, also includes:

    -Providing for the safe and convenient flow of traffic and pedestrians;
    -Investigating traffic crashes;
    -Providing first aid;
    -Conducting DUI investigations;
    -Promoting vehicular and pedestrian safety; and
    -Reporting unsafe road conditions.
    So you are one of them who feel being told to do your job is a quota. All the lazy POS's try to hide behind the quota bill. Being told to do enforcment in a specific area is not a quota violation. Maybe they should limit your area of patrol to a specific Arrive Alive area and make you stay in that area. You are one crybaby whiner me generation person !!!!

  2. #72
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    316.640 Enforcement.—The enforcement of the traffic laws of this state is vested as follows:
    (1) STATE.—
    (a)1.a. The Division of Florida Highway Patrol of the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles;
    (8) TRAFFIC ENFORCEMENT AGENCY.—
    (a) Any agency or governmental entity designated in subsection (1), subsection (2), or subsection (3), including a university, a Florida College System institution, a school board, or an airport authority, is a traffic enforcement agency for purposes of this section and s. 316.650.
    (b) A traffic enforcement agency may not establish a traffic citation quota.
    *****************




    2015 CS/SB 264 Traffic Enforcement Agencies and Traffic Citations

    Legislative Bill Review

    http://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill...15s0264.fp.PDF


    Traffic Citation Quotas

    The term “traffic citation quota” is not defined in statute. However, it is commonly defined as any establishment of a predetermined or specified number of traffic citations a traffic enforcement officer must issue within a specified time. In some instances, quotas have been used as a way to measure an officer’s performance. The prohibition of a traffic citation quota can also include the prohibition of any evaluation, promotion, compensation, or discipline based on a specific number of citations issued.
    According to correspondence with the Florida’s Police Chiefs Association, issuing traffic citations is only part of a traffic enforcement officer’s enumerated duties; performance is more effectively measured by shifting an officer’s focus to “stopping the errant driving behavior” versus a focus on issuing traffic citations. An officer’s performance evaluation, when assessing matters dealing with traffic safety, also includes:

    -Providing for the safe and convenient flow of traffic and pedestrians;
    -Investigating traffic crashes;
    -Providing first aid;
    -Conducting DUI investigations;
    -Promoting vehicular and pedestrian safety; and
    -Reporting unsafe road conditions.
    ***This is for the individual that posted the above!***

    The above bullets seem very close to what FHP policy states. So....

    What have you done to promote a safe and convenient flow of traffic and pedestrians? Stopped and directed traffic at a congested intersection, stopped to help a large number of pedestrians across the road, stopped in an area view able to passing traffic (restaurant, home driveway, department store doesn't count), stopped for disabled vehicles?

    Investigating crashes or do you pawn them off on zone partner or shift partner?

    Provide first aid?

    DUI investigations? How many have you stopped, investigated and either arrested or let go after determining they were not DUI? Calling a cab or friend doesn't count!

    How often do you call in about traffic lights that are burned out, stop signs down, obstructed views at intersections, damage to the highway?

    Go out and do your job! When you see a violation, stop the driver, investigate the violation and issue the appropriate enforcement action..citation, warning, or equipment violation..cve violation.. If you will try this instead of whining and tryuing to get out of work, you'll never have to worry about enforcement activity. Violations are out there everywhere, every day.

  3. #73
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    ***This is for the individual that posted the above!***

    The above bullets seem very close to what FHP policy states. So....

    What have you done to promote a safe and convenient flow of traffic and pedestrians? Stopped and directed traffic at a congested intersection, stopped to help a large number of pedestrians across the road, stopped in an area view able to passing traffic (restaurant, home driveway, department store doesn't count), stopped for disabled vehicles?

    Investigating crashes or do you pawn them off on zone partner or shift partner?

    Provide first aid?

    DUI investigations? How many have you stopped, investigated and either arrested or let go after determining they were not DUI? Calling a cab or friend doesn't count!

    How often do you call in about traffic lights that are burned out, stop signs down, obstructed views at intersections, damage to the highway?

    Go out and do your job! When you see a violation, stop the driver, investigate the violation and issue the appropriate enforcement action..citation, warning, or equipment violation..cve violation.. If you will try this instead of whining and tryuing to get out of work, you'll never have to worry about enforcement activity. Violations are out there everywhere, every day.



    Just stop.....

    Go back a few post and READ. I don't think the point was anyone not wanting to work or being lazy (no more than usual anyway).
    It sounds like it is a minimum number of enforcement contacts required when doing Arrive Alive.

    Enforcement contacts are not the same as helping disabled vehicles, calling in traffic lights, etc. That's the point the Legislature was making. And where I work, you hear this type of stuff pretty frequent on the radio.

    Sounds like you are actually the one who is concerned about how much you've been hanging out at home, letting drunks go, or not helping your zone partner....

  4. #74
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post


    Just stop.....

    Go back a few post and READ. I don't think the point was anyone not wanting to work or being lazy (no more than usual anyway).
    It sounds like it is a minimum number of enforcement contacts required when doing Arrive Alive.

    Enforcement contacts are not the same as helping disabled vehicles, calling in traffic lights, etc. That's the point the Legislature was making. And where I work, you hear this type of stuff pretty frequent on the radio.

    Sounds like you are actually the one who is concerned about how much you've been hanging out at home, letting drunks go, or not helping your zone partner....
    Never did any of that. Always led the district in AWCs, physical arrest, etc. Also directed traffic when I was congestion at intersections, stopped for disabled vehicles, called in traffic hazards, etc.
    Loved my job and the group I hung out with worked hard.

  5. #75
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post


    Just stop.....

    Go back a few post and READ. I don't think the point was anyone not wanting to work or being lazy (no more than usual anyway).
    It sounds like it is a minimum number of enforcement contacts required when doing Arrive Alive.

    Enforcement contacts are not the same as helping disabled vehicles, calling in traffic lights, etc. That's the point the Legislature was making. And where I work, you hear this type of stuff pretty frequent on the radio.

    Sounds like you are actually the one who is concerned about how much you've been hanging out at home, letting drunks go, or not helping your zone partner....
    Yep, definitely a me generation cry baby whiner!!! No one can tell me what to do Waaa Waaa Waaa !! Grow up and get a life numbnuts!!!

  6. #76
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Never did any of that. Always led the district in AWCs, physical arrest, etc. Also directed traffic when I was congestion at intersections, stopped for disabled vehicles, called in traffic hazards, etc.
    Loved my job and the group I hung out with worked hard.
    And of course (you must be a supervisor now because that's all they care about) Arrest, Warnings, and Cards are what makes a good trooper? Must be,you listed it first and ALWAYS led your district! I bet the "group" really loved that! Funny you didn't mention the crashes you responded to and investigated. I'm sure the "group" got stuck with them while you were leading the district in arrest! I know your type! Screw your zone partners as long as you're getting the numbers for the "Man"!

  7. #77
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Yep, definitely a me generation cry baby whiner!!! No one can tell me what to do Waaa Waaa Waaa !! Grow up and get a life numbnuts!!!
    Wow! The brass in Tallahassee have resorted to this? I think you guys need to grow up!
    Sincerely, The Me Generation

  8. #78
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Wow! The brass in Tallahassee have resorted to this? I think you guys need to grow up!
    Sincerely, The Me Generation
    No where near tally but I have grown up and am not a whiney little puke like you.!!!

  9. #79
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    And of course (you must be a supervisor now because that's all they care about) Arrest, Warnings, and Cards are what makes a good trooper? Must be,you listed it first and ALWAYS led your district! I bet the "group" really loved that! Funny you didn't mention the crashes you responded to and investigated. I'm sure the "group" got stuck with them while you were leading the district in arrest! I know your type! Screw your zone partners as long as you're getting the numbers for the "Man"!
    Nope, retired now. I did promote and worked with my team at each level. Good activity does make a good trooper. That is what our job is, traffic enforcement. Traffic enforcement consists of not just citations and physical arrests, but warning, correction notices, traffic control, helping motorists with disabled vehicles, and the list goes on.
    Worked an average of 50 to 60 crashes per month. I only had one trooper complain to me about my activity. He was a good friend, but he sat under the trees in the shade most days.

    What do you do other than moan and groan? Ride around, claim an hour for each DAV, sit on you butt and do nothing?

  10. #80
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Nope, retired now. I did promote and worked with my team at each level. Good activity does make a good trooper. That is what our job is, traffic enforcement. Traffic enforcement consists of not just citations and physical arrests, but warning, correction notices, traffic control, helping motorists with disabled vehicles, and the list goes on.
    Worked an average of 50 to 60 crashes per month. I only had one trooper complain to me about my activity. He was a good friend, but he sat under the trees in the shade most days.

    What do you do other than moan and groan? Ride around, claim an hour for each DAV, sit on you butt and do nothing?
    Glad this department worked out for you! Times have changed! People and most of all the PUBLIC as they view LEO's have changed! The FHP refuses to change. The days of the seat belt and DUI details that produced ticket and arrest numbers are over. We are the only agency that jumps on the band wagon to change the behavior of the motoring public and how they should approach operating a motor vehicle more safely (i.e. seat belt laws DUI etc and education) and our brass still wants seat belt ticket numbers and DUI arrest of yester year! Shouldn't it be a good thing if seat belt usage is up (about 90%) and DUI's are down after the years of education and heavy ENFORCEMENT?? Isn't that the goal we are all wanting? The FHP is never happy! Numbers, numbers, numbers for their stat sheets in Tallahassee are all they care about, not the safety! How about the people that sit on the side of the road in Orange County waiting for a trooper to work their crash for three hours? Sorry old timer! Not many places a trooper can sit under a tree anymore! We have a thing called AVL and are too short and busy in most areas now!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •