Squad C: The untold story of the criminal probe into Miami-Dade narcotics detectives - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Its sad but true. Uniform has never been this bad. There's always been slugs but the negativity & extremely low morale lately is unbelievable. It's very difficult to come to work.
    The whole squad I work in now combined, makes (stats) in a YEAR what I used to make in a WEEK alone back when MDPD was a happy place. Sad, but true.

Unregistered
    The whole squad I work in now combined, makes (stats) in a YEAR what I used to make in a WEEK alone back when MDPD was a happy place. Sad, but true.
    Liar!!! That's why you're still on the road! If you had such great stats you wouldn't be pushing the green and white

Unregistered
    Liar!!! That's why you're still on the road! If you had such great stats you wouldn't be pushing the green and white
    So the car we operate determines how good of a cop we are? I bet I could spot more shit doing foot patrol than you could in that Nissan Altima rental of yours.

Unregistered
    At no point did I say my stats were high. The squad totals are just that low since the moral is down. On your note though, I'm on the road by choice. Chasing blues doesn't excite me. If you been on longer than 2 days you should know that productivity means nothing. It's all about who you know or who you blow. Which one of the two did you do? I bet the second one. You can go back under your rock now.

Unregistered
    So the car we operate determines how good of a cop we are? I bet I could spot more shit doing foot patrol than you could in that Nissan Altima rental of yours.
    It's funny how in the academy everyone can't wait to get into a green & white. 5 days after graduating, still don't even know how to use a fuel card and want an unmarked and a thigh holster. Pendejos!

Unregistered
    At no point did I say my stats were high. The squad totals are just that low since the [MORAL IS WHAT SOME SEEM TO HAVE LOST; that is: concerned with the principles of right and wrong behavior and the goodness or badness of human character.] MORALE is down. On your note though, I'm on the road by choice. Chasing blues doesn't excite me. If you been on longer than 2 days you should know that productivity means nothing. It's all about who you know or who you blow. Which one of the two did you do? I bet the second one. You can go back under your rock now.
    When patrol officers document his or her findings pursuant to a preliminary investigation, pursuant to a call for service -- and in it, that patrol officer captures essential "solvability factors;" that is leads that will help a detective close the case by arrest, generate a “Master Case,” recover potential stolen property and eventual conviction, that patrol officer did 75% of the work. If you are a lousy patrol officer you will be an even lousier detective and within a year or less, you will be back to patrol. Unless of course you are Dennis Morales!

Productivity, as perennially practiced, is a failed concept. Police officers are not factory workers making mandated numbers of widgets per hour, per day, per week, a “QUOTA” if you will. Police Officers are in the business of "serving and protecting" their fellow citizens; well at least that is what most us thought and even said when we were trying to get hire, remember? The “productivity model” is flawed because it put needless pressure on police officers to generate arrests and citations as metrics for evaluating effectiveness. This is wrong and it is often the catalyst for bad arrests/citations, case dismissals, use of force and personnel complaints.

What’s the alternative? You are doing it! Handle your calls for service as if you were investigating a crime, disturbance, vehicle crash at your mom’s house. When not conducting a preliminary investigation, look for “hot spots” in your area; if you have a pulse, you likely know where they are. When you work midnights, find out where the Pawn Shops, Liquor Stores and high valued warehouses are; focus on them, for they are high probability targets. Above all; until there is a change in leadership, back each other up! Detectives are not divined; they are formed by the zeal they applied as patrol officers. Generally, a responsible, eager patrol officers, often transforms into a superlative detective and most end up in Homicide. At least that is how it was!

There endeth the lesson.

Unregistered
    When patrol officers document his or her findings pursuant to a preliminary investigation, pursuant to a call for service -- and in it, that patrol officer captures essential "solvability factors;" that is leads that will help a detective close the case by arrest, generate a “Master Case,” recover potential stolen property and eventual conviction, that patrol officer did 75% of the work. If you are a lousy patrol officer you will be an even lousier detective and within a year or less, you will be back to patrol. Unless of course you are Dennis Morales!

Productivity, as perennially practiced, is a failed concept. Police officers are not factory workers making mandated numbers of widgets per hour, per day, per week, a “QUOTA” if you will. Police Officers are in the business of "serving and protecting" their fellow citizens; well at least that is what most us thought and even said when we were trying to get hire, remember? The “productivity model” is flawed because it put needless pressure on police officers to generate arrests and citations as metrics for evaluating effectiveness. This is wrong and it is often the catalyst for bad arrests/citations, case dismissals, use of force and personnel complaints.

What’s the alternative? You are doing it! Handle your calls for service as if you were investigating a crime, disturbance, vehicle crash at your mom’s house. When not conducting a preliminary investigation, look for “hot spots” in your area; if you have a pulse, you likely know where they are. When you work midnights, find out where the Pawn Shops, Liquor Stores and high valued warehouses are; focus on them, for they are high probability targets. Above all; until there is a change in leadership, back each other up! Detectives are not divined; they are formed by the zeal they applied as patrol officers. Generally, a responsible, eager patrol officers, often transforms into a superlative detective and most end up in Homicide. At least that is how it was!

There endeth the lesson.
    TL;DR: stop being self entitled pussies and do the actual police work you signed up to do. this means actually taking the time to think about the crime and victim as opposed to just *****ing about having to write a report. also this means you will be good as a detective.

Unregistered
    TL;DR: stop being self entitled pussies and do the actual police work you signed up to do. this means actually taking the time to think about the crime and victim as opposed to just *****ing about having to write a report. also this means you will be good as a detective.
    Who is TL and DR

Unregistered
    Who is TL and DR
    People incapable of reading beyond 140 characters!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast