Eric Shottenheimer Memorial Service - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Unregistered

nobody from nowhere

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I worked with Erik in Central District back in 1984-1985. We worked the midnight squads and rode two man on many of those nights. He was a pleasure to work with. He was quick with a joke and a solid cop through and through. He was loved by all of our squad members and well respected by our supervisors. Our careers took different paths from there on and we saw each other occasionally through the years but everytime I saw him he had a smile on his face. I was saddened by his loss and wish someone could have reached him in time to prevent such tragedy. To say anything negative about this kind man on these pages is a travesty. Please remember Erik as the kind hearted man he was. RIP

Excellent post. I second everything you said. I was on afternoons then. Ran into Erik quite often the latter part of my shift.
    You are absolutely correct., He was a CLASS ACT. But more importantly he was a nice guy (for real, that was just him).
    God Bless him (i'm sure He already has).

Unregistered

Negativity Not Wanted

Eric was a true professional and a good human being. This site should never be utilized to slander or speak ill of someone who is no longer here to defend themselves. I worked with Eric on midnights (midnight platoon commander) and found Eric to be a true professional. This was at a time when we could do effective and innovative police work (roadblocks/stings/jump outs, etc.) something that is now a thing of the past due to political correctness and pandering. My wife and I last saw him when he was working off-duty at Dolphin stadium. He was always cordial and courteous and that is how I will always remember him. RIP Eric!

Unregistered
    Eric was an outstanding cop in team police and Fto always a gentleman may God bless his famiky

Unregistered

Former SRT

Eric was a great man great cop good friend .
    We spent years playing in the pig bowl he was tough as hell .he sacrificed his body and there are several former football players with head injuries and other medical problems . his wife was a great dispatcher and they had great kids. We loved them all. 🙏

Unregistered
    He was a TA while I was in the academy. Was a nice guy. RIP. We’ve all got skeletons in our closet. Please phone a friend if you need to talk.

Unregistered
    Eric was my TA in MPI 82. Rest In Peace TA. Be at peace.

Unregistered
    Eric was my TA in MPI 82. Rest In Peace TA. Be at peace.
    MPI 82 ?? What year was that? I was BLE 176 and that was in 1996, yes with MDPD...those MPI classes might be from 1999?

Unregistered
    RIP shot. Some of you may not know this but his son was murdered not too long ago in Broward or WPB. He was a cops cop and a nice guy. Miss you bud.

Unregistered
    RIP shot. Some of you may not know this but his son was murdered not too long ago in Broward or WPB. He was a cops cop and a nice guy. Miss you bud.
    RIP Eric! That's really sad about his son!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12