Good bye to a good guy
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

Good bye to a good guy

We have learned that one of the best people in this department has decided to retire. Captain Barclay you will be missed.

Unregistered

absolutely

Doug was one of the best. Fair and would actually listen to you. Wasn't afraid to step up and make an unpopular decision with admin. Enjoy you're retirement buddy you deserve it!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Doug was one of the best. Fair and would actually listen to you. Wasn't afraid to step up and make an unpopular decision with admin. Enjoy you're retirement buddy you deserve it!
    Doug will be missed! Enjoy your retirement you will wonder why you waited so long.

Unregistered
    Later dude!

Unregistered

D Barclay

I have not been on this site for a very long time, but I am currently driving to Michigan and bored (Gina is now driving). Just a few thoughts; John Leonard will do my job better than I did. He has a personality that just makes him easy to respect and is truly a nice person. Not to mention tactically he is as sound as any person I have ever worked with maybe with the exception of one person, which brings me to Greg Lees. I will never understand why he was not appointed chief. He hates it when I say this, but he saved my career from what was the fiasco known as Bob B. If Greg is not brought back, I will lose more of my fricking mind. I swear to God, I'll take every available avenue to go after those responsible.

It seems that recently I have been labled "old school," and the term was used in a derogatory manner. I was left with the impression that somehow I did not fit with the "new" direction of the organization that I had called home for almost 33 years...that hurt. I did not plan on retiring when I did, nor under the circumstances that occurred. That said, it's over with. I left the department and spent the next five weeks questioning if I truly had become "old school" and not capable of being an assest in a "modern day" police department. Until last week, when I had the pleasure of having lunch with Chief Raggio (best ever) and City Manager Kelly (best ever). After lunch it became clear, to paraphrase Jack Nicholson, "You're God damn right I am old school" and have always been so I believe you call people by their titles as a sign of respect. I believe in the chain of command. I believe appropriate discipline is needed for the integrity of the organization. I believe you don't win a trophy for just doing what is expected. And ....I believe you just don't make change for the sake of making change.
    Ok, enough whining. The city owes me nothing (old school?). As the result of my time with CC, today, I have everything I could have ever hoped for. I will admit I have little tolerance for most of the new generation of cops who believe it's all about them.
    I wish every member, of the department would appreciate the opportunity the organization affords them. And...stop with the personal attacks on each other.

Thank you, and I'm out of here.
    Doug Barclay
    (Old school and damn proud of it!)

Unregistered
    I have not been on this site for a very long time, but I am currently driving to Michigan and bored (Gina is now driving). Just a few thoughts; John Leonard will do my job better than I did. He has a personality that just makes him easy to respect and is truly a nice person. Not to mention tactically he is as sound as any person I have ever worked with maybe with the exception of one person, which brings me to Greg Lees. I will never understand why he was not appointed chief. He hates it when I say this, but he saved my career from what was the fiasco known as Bob B. If Greg is not brought back, I will lose more of my fricking mind. I swear to God, I'll take every available avenue to go after those responsible.

It seems that recently I have been labled "old school," and the term was used in a derogatory manner. I was left with the impression that somehow I did not fit with the "new" direction of the organization that I had called home for almost 33 years...that hurt. I did not plan on retiring when I did, nor under the circumstances that occurred. That said, it's over with. I left the department and spent the next five weeks questioning if I truly had become "old school" and not capable of being an assest in a "modern day" police department. Until last week, when I had the pleasure of having lunch with Chief Raggio (best ever) and City Manager Kelly (best ever). After lunch it became clear, to paraphrase Jack Nicholson, "You're God damn right I am old school" and have always been so I believe you call people by their titles as a sign of respect. I believe in the chain of command. I believe appropriate discipline is needed for the integrity of the organization. I believe you don't win a trophy for just doing what is expected. And ....I believe you just don't make change for the sake of making change.
    Ok, enough whining. The city owes me nothing (old school?). As the result of my time with CC, today, I have everything I could have ever hoped for. I will admit I have little tolerance for most of the new generation of cops who believe it's all about them.
    I wish every member, of the department would appreciate the opportunity the organization affords them. And...stop with the personal attacks on each other.

Thank you, and I'm out of here.
    Doug Barclay
    (Old school and damn proud of it!)
    Well said! You will be sorely missed.

Unregistered
    Lees needs to go and the commission and Mary all know that, hopefully butch does too. Everyone loves a man on top they never need to answer to! Get rid of the BSO guy, he was never and will never be one of us

Unregistered
    Well said! You will be sorely missed.
    Just ignore the last post.....
    Best wishes Doug! You will be missed. Thank you for your service.

Unregistered
    Lees needs to go and the commission and Mary all know that, hopefully butch does too. Everyone loves a man on top they never need to answer to! Get rid of the BSO guy, he was never and will never be one of us
    What are you talking about. Chief Butch needs to go. He has no fuking clue.

Unregistered
    What are you talking about. Chief Butch needs to go. He has no fuking clue.
    Lees 2017. Chief Butch back to teaching philosophy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast