Do not shop Kuhn vw

Unregistered

Do not shop Kuhn vw

To my friends, here is my story.
Do not ever shop for a car at Kuhn VW.
My daughter on Sunday picked three cars to possibly purchase all at Kuhn VW.
She was going to make her current vehicle a trade on the purchase.
When she arrives two different salesmen assisted her, providing her a price on the vehicle of choice. 
She was told no less than 4 times that the price was 18,545.00 “Out the Door”. This was confirmed Twice with the Sales Manager. When she had the price of the car set , she then negotiated the price of her trade. Which took a bit but they agreed that 4,000.00 would be the value of the trade. 
My math goes something like this, Car 18545-trade 4000=14545 correct.
Well now we know the amount of the loan correct?. 
Well apparently not. 
As the financial manager passed numerous documents for my Daughter to sign, I have yet to see him present her with a contract for sale, with the “numbers”. Then a financial disclosure notice was passed to my daughter which listed the AMOUNT OWED for the loan to be 19,800.00, Whats this ? My daughter exclaims. The financial Manager asks her what do you mean that is the amount of the loan. 
Needless to say my daughter left the dealership without any explanation on how a vehicle priced at 14,545 can turn into owing 19,800..
    To my friends do not shop at Kuhn VW.

Unregistered
    Thank you for sharing. Documents are often misleading and should be reviewed thoroughly. Your story is a good lesson that people should always read what they are signing, even stuff on the internet that they scroll through ,because it is so long, and just sign. I wish I could see a copy of the paperwork to further analyze your situation.

Unregistered
    When she refused the deal and walked out she did not get copies of anything. When she called them out they
    gathered up the paperwork and left the office

Unregistered
    Your story doesn't make sense. There is no way to determine the OTD price on a vehicle purchase transaction BEFORE you have a trade in value because sales tax is going to be calculated on the remaining balance after trade, not the entire price of the new car.

Secondly, if you daughter had an outstanding loan balance on the vehicle, the difference (positive or negative) would be added back to the new car transaction. Lots of car purchases end up costing more than the agreed upon purchase price because of being "upside down."

Lastly, you wouldn't have all this confusion if you would have simply reviewed the documents in front of you. They have to by law explain how they got to that figure. Its not rocket science after all.

Unregistered
    You are correct the price was for a cash offer. Once the cash price was set we then brought the trade into the deal, which was negoiated and that price was set. We then worked out the finance.
    So we have a cash price, and trade value. The other variables should the be simple math cash price minus trade value. Taxes would the be less than the cash offer because of the off set of the trade value on taxes i.e. Tax goes down.
    I am fully aware of how the deal went down it was the almost 2000.00 dollars in fees that were being charged. The dealer ship wanted to play the 4 box monte, which we stopped at the very beginning. Because they did not like being exposed for their dishonest dealing, the final price was set by Kuhn basically eliminating the trade value. Bottom line Kuhn is a dishonest dealership we were there for 4 hours. Every detail was maticulesly discussed when we got to the finance manager they did not like the numbers and just came up with there own numbers.

I have brought numerous cars through the years and have always used my method. What's your cash price out the door. Then I have a trade what is your offer for my car.

Ps her trader was paid for title in hand.

No debate here if you do not want to heed the warning by all mean go to Kuhn and buy a car.

Unregistered
    You can go to Kuhn and use your example on how you got beat down, then walk out with a great deal.

You never ask for a cash price as they get a kick back from the finance companies and will deal with you more. When you go to sign the paperwork is when you tell them you want to pay cash.

Unregistered
    I always give them a shocker and tell them I want to put 10K on my credit card!