The new Marijuana ordinance

Unregistered

The new Marijuana ordinance

Lets see if I get this right, less than 20grams of Marijuana is a civil citation and less than a 100.00 fine. More than 20grms, is a third degree felony! Lets see if I get this right, juv arrest records are mostly sealed and do not carry over to the adult status. Lets see if I get this right, first time arrests as a adult, can be deferred to drug courts that allow you to go through counseling etc in lieu of prosecution. Lets see if I get this right, first time offenders can also be given a deferred prosecution upon successful completion of counseling etc. Is it just me or the people getting arrested for misd possession of Marijuana already have prior criminal records and most are extensive. Who exactly are we helping here? Seems like this will only help the rich, connected, and otherwise successful siblings from their careers being affected. The poor and uneducated and the people we deal with most of the time, have far more issues in their criminal backgrounds than just smoking a joint!

Unregistered
    Why waste your time? You have a 31 smoking LT in the building. Just swing by his office, it'll be waiting for you.

Unregistered
    Lt. P and Barry are smoking together, laughing it all the way to the bank.