ISII vehicles - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: ISII vehicles

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Fort myers hires there inspectors from the school for the blind. We seize more in one week then they do in a year.
    Wow. Guess what Ft Myers has a ton of retired cops who don't give a rat's as# what you seize. Go get it. What is that going to get you, Nothing! So tuff guy while you are playing I want to be a cop I will be cashing my retirement check.
    Remember ABT is a great place to work agent or investigators it's welfare for retired cops. Look at out top brass 1 and 2 make 100 grand plus retirement.

Unregistered
    [QUOTE=Unregistered;2992286]

This agency frowns on using them for anything other than inspections to meet the imaginary goals of visiting a business. There is no incentive for them to learn anything other than what the IPad tells them
    One of our ISII's lives and dies by what the iPad does. If it aint on it then it aint happening. Then she comes and asks for help, suggestion , and guidance and it's "but it's not on the iPad".

Like someone said before agents used to do the inspections and we functioned just fine. The ISII's were basically used to supplement the larger offices. I say do away the ISII program. I wouldn't mind doing some inspections again. Most are dead weight and cause more problems and headaches than they are worth. Just my take. I know some are good but not too many.

Unregistered
    [QUOTE=Unregistered;2992332]

One of our ISII's lives and dies by what the iPad does. If it aint on it then it aint happening. Then she comes and asks for help, suggestion , and guidance and it's "but it's not on the iPad".

Like someone said before agents used to do the inspections and we functioned just fine. The ISII's were basically used to supplement the larger offices. I say do away the ISII program. I wouldn't mind doing some inspections again. Most are dead weight and cause more problems and headaches than they are worth. Just my take. I know some are good but not too many.
    Listen you are not real cops. You have very limited police powers. Get over yourself. Code enforcement with guns. That's it. And I do agree the ISII program destroyed ABT but it's not their fault. Vicki and her grand plan cut the agents in half. ABT will never go back to all sworn it may go the other way.

Unregistered
    [QUOTE=Unregistered;2992367]
    Listen you are not real cops. You have very limited police powers. Get over yourself. Code enforcement with guns. That's it. And I do agree the ISII program destroyed ABT but it's not their fault. Vicki and her grand plan cut the agents in half. ABT will never go back to all sworn it may go the other way.
    I enjoy not being a "real cop" as you say. Limited authority + limited responsibility = happiness. I get the same high risk retirement that real cops get. I don't have a shift, don't work many nights or weekends, haven't worked a holiday this decade, and take off whenever it pleases me. I get a free car, a clothing allowance, incentive pay, free college and other benefits that real cops get. My LT calls it law enforcement light. I am OK with that. This is the best job in the state. If you don't believe that, you haven't worked many places.

Unregistered

Why the hate?

We all know that some IS II’s are slackers and then some LEI II’s are slackers too. This agency has ZERO consistent specialized training in beverage, cigarette, and our other specialized laws. The most glaring example was an agency “instructor” (an agent) giving a presentation on our cigarette tax stamps… except the entire presentation showed old stardust stamps - not the current tagget+ stamps! The UV marks were wrong and everything. Agent didn’t notice. Hell, nearly no one noticed including bureau’s training coordinator.

Some Agents and ISII’s do great investigations. Some Agents and ISII’s can barely remember anything past vendor to vendor and AB prohibited.

The entire state is a mixed bag of training, knowledge, and effort.

As for the vehicles, everyone who drives over 10k miles a year is able to have an assigned vehicle and most agencies permit take home vehicles under agreement (see DHR and others). Under 10k, you are reimbursed for mileage. Read the statute if you must. While many agencies make vehicles be based at the offices, many also permit take home vehicles.
    Obviously, LEO vehicles are a separate matter.

Most of the used impalas and stuff are just fine. I don’t want a tiny clown car anyway.

Unregistered
    We all know that some IS II’s are slackers and then some LEI II’s are slackers too. This agency has ZERO consistent specialized training in beverage, cigarette, and our other specialized laws. The most glaring example was an agency “instructor” (an agent) giving a presentation on our cigarette tax stamps… except the entire presentation showed old stardust stamps - not the current tagget+ stamps! The UV marks were wrong and everything. Agent didn’t notice. Hell, nearly no one noticed including bureau’s training coordinator.

Some Agents and ISII’s do great investigations. Some Agents and ISII’s can barely remember anything past vendor to vendor and AB prohibited.

The entire state is a mixed bag of training, knowledge, and effort.

As for the vehicles, everyone who drives over 10k miles a year is able to have an assigned vehicle and most agencies permit take home vehicles under agreement (see DHR and others). Under 10k, you are reimbursed for mileage. Read the statute if you must. While many agencies make vehicles be based at the offices, many also permit take home vehicles.
    Obviously, LEO vehicles are a separate matter.

Most of the used impalas and stuff are just fine. I don’t want a tiny clown car anyway.
    Agreed. We don't have a training coordinator though. We do have a person that holds the title. Take home vehicles are not guaranteed though. There is a very real struggle almost every year to keep them. The agency will one day, eliminate that perk.

Unregistered
    Agreed. We don't have a training coordinator though. We do have a person that holds the title. Take home vehicles are not guaranteed though. There is a very real struggle almost every year to keep them. The agency will one day, eliminate that perk.
    Possible. But DMS guidance permits it. Hotels & Restaurants has issued take home state vehicles to inspectors who drive more than 10,000 miles a year for forever. ABT just never bothered to look up the proper paperwork for it before.

Those who live close to the office and drive under 10k a year could be in jeopardy of driving their own vehicle and getting mileage, or using a pool vehicle. Plenty of ways around that stuff if our agency bothers to try at all.

Unregistered

Agent 99

Possible. But DMS guidance permits it. Hotels & Restaurants has issued take home state vehicles to inspectors who drive more than 10,000 miles a year for forever. ABT just never bothered to look up the proper paperwork for it before.

Those who live close to the office and drive under 10k a year could be in jeopardy of driving their own vehicle and getting mileage, or using a pool vehicle. Plenty of ways around that stuff if our agency bothers to try at all.
    I agree we now have to take a 30 minute break. Police dept always got the break paid for.. So I guess we are not real first responders our cars can be gone in a flash

Unregistered

Those who leoa ive close to the office and drive under 10k a year could be in jeopardy of driving their own vehicle and getting mileage, or using a pool vehicle. Plenty of ways around that stuff if our agency bothers to try at all.
    Being permitted by DMS is like policy. It's just a guide. It's like paying LTs for hurricane OT. DMS says you can but civilian department head says no. If the agency has an option dont expect it to benefit you.

We have to save money to buy a new state plane. Rick should just give Ron the old one and Rick can buy a new one. I see a Davis Award in my future.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234