Time for a change - Page 67
Page 67 of 264 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117167 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Paul Joseph Watson brought me here.

Senior Member LEO Affairs Captain

Dont forget to support your candidates folks..

Highlights of todays marathon of disrespect and disgrace Commission meeting can be found at the link below.. reminder that we all need to stir up your freinds and family to support how and who they can.. I know Cory Hutchinson and Debbie McDowell have shared some of who they are heere with yall.. other candidates stepping up now.. find the ones we can trust to do the right thing..

https://www.facebook.com/groups/northportcityconcerns/

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Gibson View Post
    Highlights of todays marathon of disrespect and disgrace Commission meeting can be found at the link below.. reminder that we all need to stir up your freinds and family to support how and who they can.. I know Cory Hutchinson and Debbie McDowell have shared some of who they are heere with yall.. other candidates stepping up now.. find the ones we can trust to do the right thing..

https://www.facebook.com/groups/northportcityconcerns/

I sure hope we get new blood. Someone who is not afraid to stand up to corruption, self serving behavior and fight for the truth. Please ABCD

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Paul Joseph Watson brought me here.
    Okay. I'll bite. Who is Paul Joseph Watson?

Unregistered
    Never mind.

Unregistered

Who is Joseph Russel?

Unregistered
    Isn't he the Editor and Chief of Infowars? Have they taken up our cause?

Paul Joseph Watson, InfoWars Editor At-Large

Watched a few of his videos and he isnt the hate monger I thought he was.. at least not on the surface. His take on the #BlackLivesMatter is interesting and on point, I thought. Surprised at his Pro-Trump take as well. Below is the story of Stingrays that may ring very close to home..

http://www.infowars.com/stingray-us-...y-on-citizens/

Unregistered
    I am not so impressed with the dog video. However a little over the top with the dog. I am more concerned with the homeless man looking for his cat and what happened there. I am hoping an investigation does happen in that situation. There are so many people that have been harmed by this wild west, testosterone force. The people need to get rid of all the RIF RAF. Old commissioners, useless mayor and anyone tied to them future, past or present.

Time to make it happen the status quo are walking all over the people and not listening to a word you say. Self serving just like the so called mayor. Selfish and self serving.

Lesson in Leadership from Punta Gorda Police Chief

Kudos to Chief Lewis of PGPD for stepping up and doing all the right things when things went wrong within his organization. In this case, the K9 incident from last year that landed them in National spotlight.

Leadership recognized there was a problem, acknowledged it, corrected the policy issue, enhanced officer training and now everyone can move on. Finally, the Chief stood up and communicated directly to the Community to clarify the rumors, communicated the steps taken to correct and reassured the community that ther PD has corrected the problem. What else could we ask for?

Real Leaders shine on the rough days.. not hide and deflect responsibility. Thank you Chief Lewis for demonstrating how it is supposed to be done.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/punta...05693359694635

A Letter To Our Community

Punta Gorda Police Department·Thursday, June 16, 2016

To Our Punta Gorda Community:
    The Punta Gorda Police Department has received national attention for a dash camera video that has been released depicting a canine apprehension of a suspect. The video footage, edited by an unknown person, is graphic and is not accompanied by facts of the incident, leading to the spread of false information and death threats made to not only the officer involved, but to several other members of the agency. Believing in complete transparency, I would like our community to know the following information. On October 30, 2015, Canine Officer Lee Coel utilized his partner, K9 Spirit, to apprehend Richard Schumacher during a traffic stop. The traffic stop was initially for riding a bicycle on a roadway without lights; however, Richard Schumacher did not yield to Officer Coel’s emergency lights or commands to stop riding away from him. Richard Schumacher, as seen in the edited video from Officer Coel’s dash camera, rides out of a well-lit gas station parking lot, fleeing from Officer Coel and riding several blocks away to a dark street before stopping and turning for a confrontation. Richard Schumacher subsequently displayed irrational behavior, refusing to comply with commands and punching the roadway with his bare fists. The development of this situation led to the determination that Richard Schumacher should be taken into custody. As the situation developed, Officer Coel determined it was necessary to utilize K9 Spirit to take Richard Schumacher into custody. K9 Spirit did bite Richard Schumacher during this incident. Richard Schumacher received significant wounds from the canine contact and subsequently received medical treatment at a local hospital. Immediately following the incident, I convened a meeting with my Command Staff and reviewed the video and documentation. Based on the contents of the video, Officer Coel’s use of Canine Spirit was suspended until the conclusion of an internal affairs investigation. During the internal affairs investigation, the police department hired an outside expert in the field of police canines to review all relevant materials, to include the non-edited video. At the conclusion of the internal affairs investigation, Officer Lee Coel received counseling, additional training, and the department’s canine policy was changed, restricting incidents where a canine will be used for physical apprehensions. On January 14, 2016, Richard Schumacher pled no contest in court to Driving Under the Influence and Resisting Arrest. Alcohol and Methamphetamines were found in his system. He was adjudicated guilty. Officer Lee Coel and Canine Spirit are responsible for 11 suspect apprehensions, although this was the first and only time he has made physical contact with a suspect. We are asking our community to understand that corrective measures were taken and policies were changed eight (8) months ago, immediately after the incident, in order to avoid a similar scenario in the future. I am proud of both our officers and this community for the relationships we have built throughout my tenure in this department. These relationships have led to our City’s national recognition as one of the safest places in which to live, work and visit. As always, as your Chief of Police, I am available to any member of this community for an open and honest discussion. You can reach me at (941) 575-5539 or tlewis@pgorda.us.

Sincerely,

Tom Lewis
    Chief of Police

Page 67 of 264 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117167 ... LastLast