Time for a change - Page 4
Page 4 of 264 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Gibson View Post
    I am not here to prosecute anyone other than those who are directly responsible for recognizing and correcting the status quo and are failing to take meaningful actions that correlate to the problems at hand. A job that we taxpayers pay them very well to do.

I know nothing about Terry Lewis other than what I have seen repeatedly here, I don't doubt that plays into the history here but he is no longer on the payroll. What exactly can we do about it ..? Someone is going to have to connect the dots with fat crayons on this for me .. I am just flat not getting it. What exactly should we share about TL.. that he hired Vespia as a practical joke on the City?

I have read about Chief Pelfrey but if I look back at my past, I am sure I have popped off a time or two.. *cough* hundred *cough* ..when discretion would have been a better choice. If you are honest with yourself, I bet you have said or done something that you would not want your entirety judged upon. Here is the key difference in my opinion, Chief Pelfrey was questioned and responded truthfully, admitted his mistakes, took his discipline and moved on. For me, that is over and done. In stark contrast, Vespia has yet to accept any responsibility, answer truthfully, admit his past misbehaviors, take his discipline and lumps.. and move on. Vespia cannot recognize or will not admit that anything is wrong. Therefore, how can he possibly take action to fix anythinig?

My contact with Chief Pelfrey has been very limited. In fact, he seemed half present during the Vespia meeting. I remember thinking, he is is wearing the most honest face in the bunch. Some would have found that disrespectful, I didn't. I recognized the ==I don't know why i am here, I don't need or want to be here but have to be, so I am== face. I found it oddly refreshing. He didn't paint on a fake smile or try to sell me the Vespia's condescending and nonsensical "we are here to make your day better' bullshit.
    Half present, smile on his face,Its the medication !!!!!! another terry lewis cronie, was partners with him at SCCO, how do think he got to NP, no fat crayon here the dots connect themself. Really you think threatening an entire class with a knife and the punching a subordinate in the face is a indiscretion, let me ask you thin just what did you son get arrested for and dragged thru the system for, a lot less than this man did. terry Lewis still has the juice and will have until a new majority rules. I really thought you were much smarter than this. This is the real world, like it or change it.

Unregistered
    TL was a godsend compared to KV.

Senior Member LEO Affairs Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Half present, smile on his face,Its the medication !!!!!! another terry lewis cronie, was partners with him at SCCO, how do think he got to NP, no fat crayon here the dots connect themself. Really you think threatening an entire class with a knife and the punching a subordinate in the face is a indiscretion, let me ask you thin just what did you son get arrested for and dragged thru the system for, a lot less than this man did. terry Lewis still has the juice and will have until a new majority rules. I really thought you were much smarter than this. This is the real world, like it or change it.

Actually I said he did NOT paint a fake smile..

I know I am not too bright but I never claimed to be. Is the obvious Crayon line supposed to be that everyone who was ever associated with TL should go? There are many in the current org I would considering carving out and serving to another PD to finish their careers with but I am in no position to call for such. I don't have the experience nor the PD knowledge to get in the weeds. I can point out Vespia's ongoing violations against the FDLE code of conduct, expose the current and past misdeeds but if I aint getting the TL line the public surely wont either.

I believe the incident with the knife in a classroom of recruits was done tongue in cheek and while poor judgement maybe, it was not an actual threat. As for the other incident, I think there is much more back story there that none of us are privvy to, neither party was blameless. Actually, I would give him MAN points for going toe to toe. Bottom line, SSO settled it between the two men.

Pelfrey had zero to do with Joe's case. That failure of leadership falls directly on Vespias shoulders.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Gibson View Post
    Actually I said he did NOT paint a fake smile..

I know I am not too bright but I never claimed to be. Is the obvious Crayon line supposed to be that everyone who was ever associated with TL should go? There are many in the current org I would considering carving out and serving to another PD to finish their careers with but I am in no position to call for such. I don't have the experience nor the PD knowledge to get in the weeds. I can point out Vespia's ongoing violations against the FDLE code of conduct, expose the current and past misdeeds but if I aint getting the TL line the public surely wont either.

I believe the incident with the knife in a classroom of recruits was done tongue in cheek and while poor judgement maybe, it was not an actual threat. As for the other incident, I think there is much more back story there that none of us are privvy to, neither party was blameless. Actually, I would give him MAN points for going toe to toe. Bottom line, SSO settled it between the two men.

Pelfrey had zero to do with Joe's case. That failure of leadership falls directly on Vespias shoulders.
    knife incident serious enough t o have formal complaint made and investigated and lose of his directors gig at SCTI and money that came with it and Battery is Battery especially involving command officers on duty in uniform. burnt out washed up, salvaged on our taxpayer dime. Let me ask you this your in walmart and a person of authority for any of number of reasons pulls out a buck knife and states Im gonna use this if all you people, lets say, dont leave right now( pass this test) concern or no concern, tonque n cheek or time to call police.????? you have only had a brief interaction with him, Ive known him for yrs, nice guy, but needs to move on, he has nothing to offer NPPD but problems

Unregistered
    TL was a godsend compared to KV.
    Here it is one more time.
    TL created KV. He brought him up through the ranks at light speed. TL made him acting chief when he retired.
    TL then made KV fulltime chief when he was made city manager.
    Look at the public records.
    While you are at it look at TL's service record.

Unregistered

Why was Pelfrey hired?

knife incident serious enough t o have formal complaint made and investigated and lose of his directors gig at SCTI and money that came with it and Battery is Battery especially involving command officers on duty in uniform. burnt out washed up, salvaged on our taxpayer dime. Let me ask you this your in walmart and a person of authority for any of number of reasons pulls out a buck knife and states Im gonna use this if all you people, lets say, dont leave right now( pass this test) concern or no concern, tonque n cheek or time to call police.????? you have only had a brief interaction with him, Ive known him for yrs, nice guy, but needs to move on, he has nothing to offer NPPD but problems
    So, we have an assistant Chief that has nothing to offer North Port. Why was he hired? What's behind that move? Could it be some kind of an insurance policy for Vespia?

Unregistered
    So, we have an assistant Chief that has nothing to offer North Port. Why was he hired? What's behind that move? Could it be some kind of an insurance policy for Vespia?
    yes he does follow the NPPD facebook page., he painted a light blue stripe on one driveway, served food in a buffet line and why just last week him and Capt Ahab just pushed a car out of the roadway. What the hell else you want his crazy ass to do for a mere ninety thousand dollars plus a year. want, want, want, he is only one person, wait, maybe two when not medicated.

Unregistered
    You need to get your facts straight. KV was not 'brought up through the ranks' by TL. He was already a Captain by the time TL got here. You keep discrediting yourself & showing that you have less than 5 years on the job here...dummy.

Matters not to me..

You need to get your facts straight. KV was not 'brought up through the ranks' by TL. He was already a Captain by the time TL got here. You keep discrediting yourself & showing that you have less than 5 years on the job here...dummy.
    Matters not to me how he got here or where he goes after he resigns.. NPPD needs a fresh perspective on top who will rebuild this organization with discipline and honor that the City deserves and needs. Someone when providing information, I know I can trust what was said. Someone we can ALL respect and follow.

Happy Endings..

We’ve been very involved in looking at how things are done there at the executive level and putting some controls in place so this doesn’t happen again,” Hargrove said. “HAAA has a personnel manual. All the things are in there. I’m at a loss as to why some of those things don’t get followed.

“We’re going to improve the way they operate internally,” Hargrove said. “With each one of these things, we learn a lot more about processes that we can fix and make better.”

http://www.news-journalonline.com/ar...09931/0/search

Page 4 of 264 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast