Time for a change - Page 3
Page 3 of 264 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Senior Member LEO Affairs Captain
    He does have a problem with telling the truth doesn't he? He also doesn't have a issue suggesting others employ mistruths. On more than one occasion has suggested how I might dance the truth with Joe, he must know well enough by now that I don't operate that way. He has zero understanding of the value of the truth. Everything is a freaking manipulation or spin job.. whatever serves his immediate need.
    (Chief Vespia, I make plenty of mistakes, and I am imperfect.. but I will not trample Joe's trust in me as you have done for my trust in your ability to lead the serious changes needed at NPPD. Further, you have zero right to step in and suggest ANYTHING about Joe's care. I realize you are working on your Master's before your Associate's but I saw NOTHING about a pysch degree in your bio or Joe's consent to have you as mental health advisor. Thanks but no thanks. )

So to the one who asked what else do I want.. I want a Chief that I can respect and trust to tell me the truth, not spin the facts. This is a vital role and too many of us realize he simply cannot tell the truth, nor is he in a position to hold his officers to a the FDLE Standards of Conduct while he continuously disregards them in his own behaviors. That alone, is reason for him to go in my book...

Unregistered
    The master's before the associates was funny.

If you want him gone, grab your civilian coalition and demand the Commission do its job. Having meetings with the snake oil salesmen obviously did you no good and didn't help things around here for us either.

Have meetings with them, bring forward all of this, bring it with the other civilians in meeting with the Commissioners. Just get to it already. No more stalling

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Already done and already posted if you are referring to the credit card fraud and resignation from CCSO for being treated unfairly in the investigation that was found not unfounded or unsustainable but merely not being pursued by state attorney Really treated unfairly, screwed around on spouse with married co worker/deputy, then screwed her hubby by allegedly reopening a closed credit card account and running up the bill for him to pay. Both he and his mistress resigned abruptly. Oh did I mention the week suspension he received during investigation So he has the balls to complain against the two IA investigators for being treated unfairly, when since assuming command here that is all he has done, treated his employees unfairly. So lets see now, adultery, misconduct, ethics, honor and the list goes on.
    Lets look at vespia bio swf chiefs ass. three yrs active military service armed forces as a military policeman, in reality 3 yrs mostly inactive, except for basic and AIT graduated MP school was assigned to HQ company Rhode Island National Guard as a Driver/radio operator, not as a MP, lie 2--working on Master, well not quite, still has his GED with a couple college courses (verified Military records St Louis ) of course his CCSO antics.
    Let us look at a couple of his latest appointments, Sgt ES, past criminal history 3 count issuing bad checks, misdemeanor 1st each, vary extensive driving violation history as described above. Has had a history of working for himself and against the union as a union rep. Last year he went from PFC to Night SGT to now Training SGt quite the feat. Now he preaches ethics and spews all of the admins rhetoric.
    Now we have the commander from SCSO, as an 18yr old charged and guilty on a armed trespass arrest in Desoto county. Went into marines, on leave got DUI in jacksonville, guilty, low probability of hire as stated in his academy package due to substance abuse, overlooked and hired by SCSO, screwed up almost daily in field training, but passed, had a good career there going but quit abruptly after 17 years,Quit, not retired, Quit. Stayed out of police work for two years, hired by NPPD. After only ONE year on patrol as a uniformed officer promoted from PFC to commander, over more experienced and senior officers
    Moral here is, wanna get ahead here, be a criminal,and a liar, be dishonest, screw people over and have zero self esteem it appears to be a pre requisite for command around here. Then and only then can you succeed here. Wonder why all the sex escapades occurred, wonder why citizens get beaten and bit, wonder why the turn over job rates is very high, wonder why numerous officers have been arrested and committed crimes. They just want to be promoted !!

Unregistered
    Terrible, so much to be proud of here at North Port. How can the Chief justify promoting these men?

Its good to be King..

Terrible, so much to be proud of here at North Port. How can the Chief justify promoting these men?

Justify.. who must he justify anything too? He is accountable to noone. Not City Hall, Not the PBA, Noone.. unfettered self interest, self importance and abuse of power. Scrambling to always CYA, finding bodies to sacrifice to cover, Screwing over career offficer that served this City for decades.. inconvenient, who cares.. he doesn't have to justify or explain squat... just innuendo and arrogance.

It is quite simple how he gets away with the ludicrous decisions:

1. He has landed himself in a position that he hasnt the experience, qualifications or moral authority to hold.

2. He has no oversight or direction from City Manager, in spite of the dozens of scandals that disparages our good officers, our PD and City's reputation.

3. He has a Commission that rubberstamps an increase of power in spite of pending lawsuits for abuse of power..

4. He has a taxpayer paid Public Info Officer to wring every bit of juice out of all the feel-good stories so he can spin what information they do and do not see.

5. He has well intentioned citizens who want to support law enforcement mistakenly, unknowingly, blindly support PD Leaders self interest and not what is best for the officers who really put their asses on the line everyday. (This included me once upon a time.. it was simpler then, good guys versus bad guys. Well I know better now.. slow learner, I know.)

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Gibson View Post
    Justify.. who must he justify anything too? He is accountable to noone. Not City Hall, Not the PBA, Noone.. unfettered self interest, self importance and abuse of power. Scrambling to always CYA, finding bodies to sacrifice to cover, Screwing over career offficer that served this City for decades.. inconvenient, who cares.. he doesn't have to justify or explain squat... just innuendo and arrogance.

It is quite simple how he gets away with the ludicrous decisions:

1. He has landed himself in a position that he hasnt the experience, qualifications or moral authority to hold.

2. He has no oversight or direction from City Manager, in spite of the dozens of scandals that disparages our good officers, our PD and City's reputation.

3. He has a Commission that rubberstamps an increase of power in spite of pending lawsuits for abuse of power..

4. He has a taxpayer paid Public Info Officer to wring every bit of juice out of all the feel-good stories so he can spin what information they do and do not see.

5. He has well intentioned citizens who want to support law enforcement mistakenly, unknowingly, blindly support PD Leaders self interest and not what is best for the officers who really put their asses on the line everyday. (This included me once upon a time.. it was simpler then, good guys versus bad guys. Well I know better now.. slow learner, I know.)
    The author forgot about the asst chief, lost his job as head of the police training academy for flashing a buck knife at a training class and threatening them and the demoted to deputy from a captains position at SCSO because he punched a fellow subordinate deputy and then when confronted cried and begged forgiveness, was placed on leave for treatment. Returned to SCSO as a deputy, but kept his Captains pay and then hired by NPPD as the Asst chief at $95K yrly plus his what $70K from the retirement system. $165K yrly not bad for committing what a battery and several other misdemeanors/felonies.

Unregistered
    The author forgot about the asst chief, lost his job as head of the police training academy for flashing a buck knife at a training class and threatening them and the demoted to deputy from a captains position at SCSO because he punched a fellow subordinate deputy and then when confronted cried and begged forgiveness, was placed on leave for treatment. Returned to SCSO as a deputy, but kept his Captains pay and then hired by NPPD as the Asst chief at $95K yrly plus his what $70K from the retirement system. $165K yrly not bad for committing what a battery and several other misdemeanors/felonies.
    You forgot to mention......SEVERELY mentally unstable. You've seen him around.....what a nutjob!!!

Unregistered
    The people of NP would have none of the problems it is facing if action had been taken eight years ago.
    YES EIGHT YEARS AGO!

January 16 2008 to be exact. That was the day Amber Lee was murdered.
    That was also the day that then NPPD chief and future NP city manager TL was supposed to have returned from his Florida Chiefs of police convention at in St. Augustine.
    Instead he did not return all most three days later.
    Instead he snuck off to NC to check out his soon to be retirement home at taxpayer expense.

This can be verified by public records.

Unregistered
    The people of NP would have none of the problems it is facing if action had been taken eight years ago.
    YES EIGHT YEARS AGO!

January 16 2008 to be exact. That was the day Amber Lee was murdered.
    That was also the day that then NPPD chief and future NP city manager TL was supposed to have returned from his Florida Chiefs of police convention at in St. Augustine.
    Instead he did not return all most three days later.
    Instead he snuck off to NC to check out his soon to be retirement home at taxpayer expense.

This can be verified by public records.
    I don't understand. I understand that he SHOULD have returned immediately but how are his sins of the past molding our department today?

I am not here to prosecute anyone other than those who are directly responsible for recognizing and correcting the status quo and are failing to take meaningful actions that correlate to the problems at hand. A job that we taxpayers pay them very well to do.

I know nothing about Terry Lewis other than what I have seen repeatedly here, I don't doubt that plays into the history here but he is no longer on the payroll. What exactly can we do about it ..? Someone is going to have to connect the dots with fat crayons on this for me .. I am just flat not getting it. What exactly should we share about TL.. that he hired Vespia as a practical joke on the City?

I have read about Chief Pelfrey but if I look back at my past, I am sure I have popped off a time or two.. *cough* hundred *cough* ..when discretion would have been a better choice. If you are honest with yourself, I bet you have said or done something that you would not want your entirety judged upon. Here is the key difference in my opinion, Chief Pelfrey was questioned and responded truthfully, admitted his mistakes, took his discipline and moved on. For me, that is over and done. In stark contrast, Vespia has yet to accept any responsibility, answer truthfully, admit his past misbehaviors, take his discipline and lumps.. and move on. Vespia cannot recognize or will not admit that anything is wrong. Therefore, how can he possibly take action to fix anythinig?

My contact with Chief Pelfrey has been very limited. In fact, he seemed half present during the Vespia meeting. I remember thinking, he is is wearing the most honest face in the bunch. Some would have found that disrespectful, I didn't. I recognized the ==I don't know why i am here, I don't need or want to be here but have to be, so I am== face. I found it oddly refreshing. He didn't paint on a fake smile or try to sell me the Vespia's condescending and nonsensical "we are here to make your day better' bullshit.

Page 3 of 264 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast