Time for a change - Page 231
Page 231 of 264 FirstFirst ... 131181221229230231232233241 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,310 of 2631

Unregistered
    So I guess the CM is just going to take KV's word that he did "free" consulting, huh? I wonder if there is any way to confirm with Venice's finance department if any checks were issued to KV or to his newly created LLC? If that was the case, then we'd have 2 chiefs lying about this.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    So I guess the CM is just going to take KV's word that he did "free" consulting, huh? I wonder if there is any way to confirm with Venice's finance department if any checks were issued to KV or to his newly created LLC? If that was the case, then we'd have 2 chiefs lying about this.
    foil request freedom of information, matter of public records, but I am sure steph is already on it.

Unregistered

If only

Here is an idea, the commissioners start acting on behalf of the city residents and not on behalf of the special interests. We have this nonsense going on in regards to junk cars, mobile homes etc, nonsense going on about the braves stadium, which should have been a referendum cut and dry. no special interests there.
    Here is a novel idea, start acting like this is the 21st century and as females act like equals and due what needs to be done here. Order Lear to fire, Vespia, Pelfrey and The asst city manager DS, this is the heart of the boyz club. Now you can appoint CM interim chief until one is picked, he is a two faced liar, but in reality he is harmless.
    Now reappoint all the officers forced to leave, if they want to come back. This of course would not be extended to the ones who committed crimes etc or voluntarily retired. Give them there full seniority back, no back pay or bennies. Now you have experienced trained officers back on our streets, the good old boys are gone and the commissioners will be viewed as actual leaders and not puppets of the terrible trio. Sometimes you just have to suck it up to make the right decisions.

Unregistered
    just seen a post on NPPD fb site where our boss is taking the accolades for protecting the city during a hurricane.
    He is high fiving elementary students, after all the excitement, he is now just one of the class, third desk center, so he is continuing his education. Sure beats the days he rode the shorty bus in Rhode Island Brown Elementary. March cant come soon enough. Had a picture of MP in buffet line but he ate all the donuts and brownies........
    Provided by their very own Goebbls

Unregistered
    He will go down in North Port history as the worst Chief ever. There has never been any other person who has ruined so many lives and families. I hope that you sir are proud of yourself. You have ruined a lot of lives. Happy?
    The fact is. A LEADER does not loose troops. A LEADER attracts them.

Unregistered
    The fact is. A LEADER does not loose troops. A LEADER attracts them.
    Just watch https://youtu.be/Wj14B7Ahgpg. That is KV, CM, JR, TD, SS. Who is the real leader in this film?

Unregistered
    Just watch https://youtu.be/Wj14B7Ahgpg. That is KV, CM, JR, TD, SS. Who is the real leader in this film?
    One upping you bro. https://youtu.be/LlOss-iXZw.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Gibson View Post
    So I am beginning to look at the OT (well I requested Jen's OT xls reports) as I heard this week, that one officer told a third party they had worked 13 days in a row without a day off. I am again incredulous that this could be happening. Can anyone speak to the subject of how many days an officer can work without a day off.. isnt this something the PBA should have rule sets around? Maybe the officer waived and wanted the extra dollars but it seems to me with such a high stress job it is dangerous not to get down time.
    Let's not forget that for many, many year there were only two (2) CSI's working all of the crime scenes that the road could not handle (me being one of them). There was one (1) year I believe I actually made Captain's pay, but of course I actually worked my butt off for that. Trust me when I tell, for me, is was no longer about the money. I didn't want it anymore. My family was sacrificed with me not being there. Don't get me wrong, I love what I did as a CSI for North Port but I worked scene after scene, hour after hour and, on many occasions one day right into the next with no regard for my exhaustion. I begged for years for help to come but that never came until this year (what little help it was). It was nothing for me to work upwards of 50 hours straight with little regard from the supervisors. Complaints just went by the wayside, instead I was just a complainer. This is not how you treat people. They won. I was finally broken by the lack of concern from virtually everyone (at least in my case). It was proven to me the day that I resigned. I did so by turning my gear over to the Road Sergeant and I walked out. NOT ONE PERSON IN MY CHAIN OF COMMAND, NOT ONE, EVER CALLED ME THAT MORNING TO FOLLOW UP OR TO EVEN HEAR WHY. That just proved to me that me leaving was their goal. Such a sad way for a department to me run.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Gibson View Post
    I learned today that Cody Long was gone. HR missed him on the list. I also got the 2016 numbers. The women are getting cleared out at a brow lifting rate the last couple years...

So that makes 20 PD employees that are gone this year.

Attachment 270
    I found it quite interesting, and disturbing, that when I applied for the Civilian Commander's position, it came down to four (4)
    of us finalists (2 women who were the most qualified of the four) and 2 men. The position was offered to the first man. He
    stayed in the position maybe a month or so and then decided not to keep it for personal reasons. I thought for sure then that
    one of the females would have gotten the position but alas, the 2nd male got the position. I actually kicked around gender
    discrimination, I probably should have in hindsight.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by unregistered View Post
    i found it quite interesting, and disturbing, that when i applied for the civilian commander's position, it came down to four (4)
    of us finalists (2 women who were the most qualified of the four) and 2 men. The position was offered to the first man. He
    stayed in the position maybe a month or so and then decided not to keep it for personal reasons. I thought for sure then that
    one of the females would have gotten the position but alas, the 2nd male got the position. I actually kicked around gender
    discrimination, i probably should have in hindsight.
    i heard the new chief was a black guy from a pd in miami. Now that would be a change...

Page 231 of 264 FirstFirst ... 131181221229230231232233241 ... LastLast