Time for a change - Page 228
Page 228 of 264 FirstFirst ... 128178218226227228229230238 ... LastLast
Results 2,271 to 2,280 of 2631

Senior Member LEO Affairs Captain

Tit fer Tat

This Braves deal has smelled funny from the beginning so I can understand the view above. Lewis presented it last minute after all other parties had worked out a deal then the LOI shows up and we have a very tight timeline to 'buy n or blow the whole deal'

Venice will benefit greatly but had no costs, except one, but maybe that was part of the grand deal too.. VPD takes vespia.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I know this is not a topic which directly impacts NPPD, but indirectly it will impact both the PD and the taxpayers. I was privy to a conversation recently which will, if true, will change the entire entity of North Port. As we know West Villages is building a lot of homes and of course the new dinosaur, the braves stadium There has been some discussion as to why the NP commissioners are pushing thru the necessary paperwork and monies to support and fund this project.
    As you know, jONATHAN Lewis, former city manager and now top administrator for the county started the braves project, what is not commonly known he is bestie with the person running the show in west villages. If you are not familiar with west villages it is and will be a large self supporting community north of river rd to the city line. It will stretch from engelwood to 75, some 11 thousand homes and business are proposed, this includes the taxpayer supported braves stadium.
    What is not commonly known is that within a ten year period or less, there are plans to annex west villages from north port, similar to the Lakewood ranch area of Sarasota county, a move supported by Lewis.
    Annexation will mean, North Port will lose all control and interest and taxes,in this area. All those taxpayer monies we spent will be gone, this would include the Braves stadium interest. Can it be done, absolutely, will it be done, absolutely. North Port incorporated now stops at and around the Biscayne area, most areas north of Biscayne are titled North Port but are in the unincorporated area, controlled by the county. Any annexation will severely impact the city budget, meaning monies for programs, departments etc. This is a self serving move headed by Lewis and yes supported by some of our commissioners. Now some will disagree and say this is not going to happen, I personally hope it doesn't, but I know the wheels are turning and progress is being made to insure it does. I am sure the powers in charge will deny this, simply because they don't want us to know until its to late. We are being duped into spending our tax dollars into a stadium and area which does not want to be affiliated with NP. Most residents of west villages refer to Venice as there home. This will be a considerable loss of tax dollars and if true will impact all of us.
    Okay. You start out by saying that you were "privy" and at the end with "if true"...which is it? I don't mean to be confrontational and I believe that much of what you said is probably going to come to fruition. Problem that I have is the flip from verified information to maybe it's true, maybe it's not. Please confirm.

Unregistered
    the person running the show at west villages also is in tight with kevin rouse who is running for commissioner next year he gave rouse 3 checks so far under the names thomas ranch land partners and main street ranch land and manasota beach ranch land
    http://www.cityofnorthport.com/home/...ument?id=14975

Unregistered
    Okay. You start out by saying that you were "privy" and at the end with "if true"...which is it? I don't mean to be confrontational and I believe that much of what you said is probably going to come to fruition. Problem that I have is the flip from verified information to maybe it's true, maybe it's not. Please confirm.
    when someone who has knowledge of what is transpiring and states this to another, this would be privy, since I don't have actual first hand knowledge other than what was relayed, this would be if true. This was posted to inform....One only needs to look at the secrecy and how this stadium situation is being pushed thru, (commission vote only, no referendum) How west villages demanded that North Port be the lead in regards to approvals and building permits etc and how lewis was recruited from NP to assume a county position "after" the top administrator had told the county commissioners he was retiring. Is it true, think we will get anyone to own up to it, not. But the actions of our commissioners are surely suspicious and it is common knowledge west villages does not want to be part of NP...Well I guess we are beneath them. We are going to spend millions and then lose it all when they, if actually they do, succeed from NP. Can they legally, with the counties help who is going to stop them. I to believe it is a reality, we will see.......

Unregistered
    the person running the show at west villages also is in tight with kevin rouse who is running for commissioner next year he gave rouse 3 checks so far under the names thomas ranch land partners and main street ranch land and manasota beach ranch land
    http://www.cityofnorthport.com/home/...ument?id=14975
    politics in North port has always been old school, can you trust any elected official or candidates who takes monies from entities doing business with the city, that kind of taints impartiality. We had a previous candidate who was on a certain developers donor list and we voted her out, so take the money and pay the consequences. This is just one more example of bought and paid for and will certainly help west villages in there endeavor to distance itself from us.

Unregistered
    Per Florida Law a County can not annex a City. There are no provisions for that other than Miami Dade. Further more the city provides services to that area already and even if it were possible the city could charge them whatever they wanted to for water and other services per Florida Attorney General based on a New Port Richey case. It would not make sense to even attempt it. Plus it is illegal. North Port should start putting city signs all over that area this week until the stadium is built with the words CITY OF NORTH PORT. North Port should also start a well organized seo sight for future residents that clearly states the West Villages is in the City of North Port, so that when potential home buyer search they know without a doubt that West Villages is in the great city of North Port and the City or North Port owns West Villages. Just create web site soley for West Villages by the City of North Port. That will get their attention.

Unregistered
    Per Florida Law a County can not annex a City. There are no provisions for that other than Miami Dade. Further more the city provides services to that area already and even if it were possible the city could charge them whatever they wanted to for water and other services per Florida Attorney General based on a New Port Richey case. It would not make sense to even attempt it. Plus it is illegal. North Port should start putting city signs all over that area this week until the stadium is built with the words CITY OF NORTH PORT. North Port should also start a well organized seo sight for future residents that clearly states the West Villages is in the City of North Port, so that when potential home buyer search they know without a doubt that West Villages is in the great city of North Port and the City or North Port owns West Villages. Just create web site soley for West Villages by the City of North Port. That will get their attention.
    NP annexed from charlotte, cities can annex unincorporated areas within there geographical boundaries, NP could annex that whole area from Biscayne to river road which is now located within NP boundaries but is unincorporated. They wont but they can. In this case, the city does provide services, but so does the county. They will annex, become there own entity and the county will provide all the services and NP taxpayers will pay for the stadium and all the infra structure to build West Villages. There will be no referendum only majority of the commission. West Villages has already started to set this in motion, all the pieces will fall into place in five to ten years. They will have the juice to get this thru the legislators and governors office. Only way to stop or slow it is to make provisions in any stadium or other agreements that protects the NP taxpayers monies that are invested.

Unregistered
    It's a shame NPPD has resorted to only investing in and trying to promote people based on race and gender (big female push), despite their ability, or inability, to do the job. How about promoting those who are competent and capable first, regardless of your agenda to have more females or minorities in certain positions? Not only will this continue to strain the morale there even more, but it will surely open the officers, supervisors, department, city, and tax payers up to even more liability. Why didn't they open the commander spot up for a third time after the last one left? Oh, that's right, the second opening accomplished what they wanted, or should I say who they wanted.

Unregistered
    It's a shame NPPD has resorted to only investing in and trying to promote people based on race and gender (big female push), despite their ability, or inability, to do the job. How about promoting those who are competent and capable first, regardless of your agenda to have more females or minorities in certain positions? Not only will this continue to strain the morale there even more, but it will surely open the officers, supervisors, department, city, and tax payers up to even more liability. Why didn't they open the commander spot up for a third time after the last one left? Oh, that's right, the second opening accomplished what they wanted, or should I say who they wanted.
    examples of big push, who exactly is being favored. KV has done nothing but harass and push females out of his dept.

Unregistered
    examples of big push, who exactly is being favored. KV has done nothing but harass and push females out of his dept.
    That is where you're wrong . He screws with anyone. Remember one thing about him and that is you're the best thing on earth to him one day until you disagree and you're on the street the next. The list keeps growing and will continue to grow until March 18, 2018.

Page 228 of 264 FirstFirst ... 128178218226227228229230238 ... LastLast