Time for a change - Page 226
Page 226 of 264 FirstFirst ... 126176216224225226227228236 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,260 of 2631

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Koval was a captain while Uebelacher was the civilian here. At the time, SU was on the A team with KV. He rewarded his buddy by making him a sworn officer so that his Florida retirement would go from 1.75% a year back up to 3% a year. There's no doubt that this also influenced the police department to toss out our pension plan and get SU back into the system that benefited him the most. For that all the new hires will suffer having to work 30 years for a pension. But then SU falls out of grace with his majesty the GED genius and poof, he goes from golden child to unemployed as soooo many people here have done since he took over. One thing we have all learned here is to stay away from the PD while you're working and make sure you let KV know what a great leader he is so you don't have to worry about being his next target. I can tell you for a fact that when he succeeds in getting rid of someone, we all pucker up because we know he's looking for his next victim. Now general public, do you want to know how much fun we have working here? We all have that retirement day countdown going for not us, but days till he is gone, which is a pretty crappy way to have to live.
    Amen brother well spoken

Unregistered
    Seriously Jonathan Lewis?????

1. Kevin models the behavior he expects??? Are we all supposed to be liars and vindictive to anyone that doesn't agree with him?

2. PD is building the type of employee development that will allow the employees to excel and grow into the department????
    He's been chief for 5 years and has brought in 6 people from the outside for administrative positions over any of us. So how can you state BS like that?

3. Kevin has established himself as a leader???? The only thing he's established himself here is as a vindictive liar. just look at the turnover rate
    There was also one more tidbit on his 2006 evaluation where KV stated that he wanted to continue working on getting his Bachelor's degree. Here we are 11 years later and he doesn't even have an Associate's degree let alone a Bachelor's. I guess this was where he started to learn how to say anything to BS the CM and could get away with it and still is.

Unregistered

Incompetence galor

There was also one more tidbit on his 2006 evaluation where KV stated that he wanted to continue working on getting his Bachelor's degree. Here we are 11 years later and he doesn't even have an Associate's degree let alone a Bachelor's. I guess this was where he started to learn how to say anything to BS the CM and could get away with it and still is.
    Kv's history has been well documented, he is a liar, a boss bully, and has no business being in law enforcement, but he is. He has lied and bull$hitted his whole career. What bothers me most now is the commissioners and Peter Lear. The commission lacks the fortitude to do what's right and Lear lacks the guts to do the right thing. This let him slide, he is leaving attitude is disgraceful. I guess I ponder if he does leave, are we going to be worse off with MP and CM at the helm, We will see

Unregistered
    Hopefully Vespia leaves sooner than his retirement date. Not sure whats going to happen with the FD either. Big mess in city hall needs strong people to clean it up. Really liked the candidates from the last election. Glad Jill got elected and happy with most everyone else but we'll see. Only wish Cory would have won. Maybe he'll be back.

Senior Member LEO Affairs Captain

Question Color me Confused.

Soooo the past few weeks have been focused on exposing the exodus.. the staff operating at 80% to the public. Pretty confusing that the department is so flux that it can operate with only 4 of 5 staff in place. Tonight, on the NPPD fb page, there is a blurb about NPPD hooking up with FHP to patrol 75.

How can we take on more when we are so short handed? I just dont get it. Maybe we have enough staff.. if that is the case wtf are we hiring more for. Someone please help me reconcile this... are yall each getting lots of OT and that is how they are making it happen?

"In 2017 NPPD has responded to issues along I-75 in the City nearly 350 times. While it is not our normal area to patrol, NPPD is teaming up with the Florida Hig...hway Patrol for increased enforcement. Residents and visitors will see more marked and unmarked patrol vehicles along the stretch for the near future. Please slow down. Despite what some may think, we do not want to give tickets. (We only get about $2 per anyway). We do not want to respond to another fatality. We do not want to have to notify your family. We do not want to see the aftermath. All we simply want is everyone to slow down, be safe, and go home to your family. Please tell everyone you know, use every app you got. Let the world know not to speed through North Port!"

Unregistered
    That is SET team not road patrol doing that.

Thank you.

What will the SET team not be doing while they are out of 75? It is hard for us on the outside to know what each team typically does. We get Patrol. What do the SRT members do when there are no special response calls? Do they ride patrol to subsidize the 6 on the road?

Las Vegas

What a horrible scene.. a stark reminder of the world we all live in, especially law enforcement. Thank you for what you do.

Unregistered
    SET team only does special enforcement things so there is nothing that they are not doing while working I75. They are supposed to help with road patrol when call volume is heavy. SRT members have other functions within the department. They have their regular assignments such as detective, road patrol, etc and perform those functions. They additionally will be called out if there is a situation that calls for them. Hope that helps.

Yes it does.. thank you.

Page 226 of 264 FirstFirst ... 126176216224225226227228236 ... LastLast