Time for a change - Page 2
Page 2 of 264 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I attended a salary incentive course not too far back and the instructor used the term 'management entrenchment'. The gist of it I guess was the strategies management uses to resist outside influence and protect their positions. That's what's happening here. These salaries influence how the decisions are made around here are obviously taking precedent over us working cops.

KV can lie about it all he wants but it's his bank statement that he cares about the most.

Not doing the right thing around here by Man in' up to take responsibility for everything that has happened on his watch. Not by coming clean about that BS on the SWFL chiefs site and our allegedly 'independent' consultant report to the commission that he manipulated to overhaul our rank structure. How much more? = too much.

The thing that we have to accept is that nothing will change. No one will be coming to help us. The citizens of this town are not engaged and do not care what has happened and what will continue to happen.
    you are probably right, but one can always hope someone out there will come to there senses and engage to make change

Senior Member LEO Affairs Captain
    No one should come to help you... You should stand up together. Where is your union? What do you pay dues for.. besides to negotiate salary, bennies and CYA in IAs? Shouldn't they be pounding the drum? Representing your concerns.. if they are, they must be whispering, I hadn't heard a thing... other thsn yall went how long without a raise,, then not only lost a year w/o n0 adjustment but ended up with the same raise % offered in the first place.. Maybe I misunderstood it all. VERY possible.

As for no change coming.. impossible. Everything changes, now either start uniting and let the public know what is going on.. what your issues are..or lose the spine and prepare to be molded.

Unregistered
    I think you covered just about all the PBA does. I though there was a clause or an article where our NPPD reps could schedule meetings with the brass? Does anyone know if this is accurate? If true we know why ES doesn't have the balls to do it. What about the others?

Unregistered
    I think you covered just about all the PBA does. I though there was a clause or an article where our NPPD reps could schedule meetings with the brass? Does anyone know if this is accurate? If true we know why ES doesn't have the balls to do it. What about the others?
    Do you think ES got where he is today by being an effective PBA rep, he has sold the union right down the drain for his own gain. lets see, went from PFC to sgt on nights and now to days as training sgt. Didnt get that from enforcing the contract thats for sure.

Senior Member LEO Affairs Captain
    Do you think ES got where he is today by being an effective PBA rep, he has sold the union right down the drain for his own gain. lets see, went from PFC to sgt on nights and now to days as training sgt. Didnt get that from enforcing the contract thats for sure.
    I don't know who ES is but again, it will take more than one but it starts with standing up, one by one.

No sure how the cop shop works, my mom worked for the phone company in the 70s. A time where unions had more clout for certain but when then were issues they filed a formal complaint. Is there no similar process now?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Gibson View Post
    I don't know who ES is but again, it will take more than one but it starts with standing up, one by one.

No sure how the cop shop works, my mom worked for the phone company in the 70s. A time where unions had more clout for certain but when then were issues they filed a formal complaint. Is there no similar process now?
    to give you a little insight, a certain person who is a union delegate (rep) was a patrolman last year, given the fake POSITION OF CORPORAL, YES BROTHERS IT IS IN OUR CONTRACT UNDER SAFETY, IN ORDER TO BE A SUPERVISOR YOU HAVE TO BE SWORN OFFICER, THE RANK OF SGT OR ABOVE. There is no such position as corporal. Well this certain person who does have a criminal history, 3 counts bad checks and a horrendous driving record including careless driving, speeding (numerous), red light violations etc, in all fairness it was the nineties. During the last year he has been promoted to Sgt on nights, then given the position of training Sgt working days and lots of OT. All a matter of public record and this is how #1 protects his cronies. This is now the man who tests and trains all our new recruits !!!!!!!!!!!!

Unregistered
    His civilian record aside, he's brought that same entitlement thinking he's better than everyone else attitude into police work here. Think about it what has he done here? What major case has he solved? What contributions has he made here? Going x10 with cronies and buddies? Sucking up to the brass? Selling us down the river by manipulating things for his own gain?

Stephanie you are wrong. Only the union reps can call the brass to task. Instead they've been brought into the fold. Also, unlike Ma Bell back in the day, we do not have the protection of legally binding arbitration, which means the brass doesn't have to give a second thought to us or our concerns.

Therefore, this incessant change you keep harping about MUST come from the civilians on the outside through the Commission. Please for the love of God, get that through your head. If YOU do not form a civilian group to really crank up the heat, and I mean big time, and I mean lots of civilians, and they need to know big time, all of the stuff we have been through under this administration will only continue.

Unregistered

Lightbulb We're trying!

His civilian record aside, he's brought that same entitlement thinking he's better than everyone else attitude into police work here. Think about it what has he done here? What major case has he solved? What contributions has he made here? Going x10 with cronies and buddies? Sucking up to the brass? Selling us down the river by manipulating things for his own gain?

Stephanie you are wrong. Only the union reps can call the brass to task. Instead they've been brought into the fold. Also, unlike Ma Bell back in the day, we do not have the protection of legally binding arbitration, which means the brass doesn't have to give a second thought to us or our concerns.

Therefore, this incessant change you keep harping about MUST come from the civilians on the outside through the Commission. Please for the love of God, get that through your head. If YOU do not form a civilian group to really crank up the heat, and I mean big time, and I mean lots of civilians, and they need to know big time, all of the stuff we have been through under this administration will only continue.
    As a citizen that has been working on this for a short time, please know that we are working on it. Problem is, we need details or at least where to look for the details. Otherwise, we just look like we are cop bashing - which is the farthest from the truth. We love our police! We do not love what the admin is doing to our police. We believe that it jeopardizes your safety and ours. Routing out the officers who have been on the force and have experience just because they are not "yes" men isn't doing anyone any good. Please help us help you.

Unregistered
    Why not look in Vespia's background investigation folder from when he was hired? It's in HR. Why not look in his IA file at Charlotte County?

Unregistered
    Why not look in Vespia's background investigation folder from when he was hired? It's in HR. Why not look in his IA file at Charlotte County?
    Already done and already posted if you are referring to the credit card fraud and resignation from CCSO for being treated unfairly in the investigation that was found not unfounded or unsustainable but merely not being pursued by state attorney Really treated unfairly, screwed around on spouse with married co worker/deputy, then screwed her hubby by allegedly reopening a closed credit card account and running up the bill for him to pay. Both he and his mistress resigned abruptly. Oh did I mention the week suspension he received during investigation So he has the balls to complain against the two IA investigators for being treated unfairly, when since assuming command here that is all he has done, treated his employees unfairly. So lets see now, adultery, misconduct, ethics, honor and the list goes on.

Page 2 of 264 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast