Time for a change - Page 178
Page 178 of 264 FirstFirst ... 78128168176177178179180188228 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,780 of 2631

Unregistered
    Steve Uebelacker for Chief! He will restore order and confidence!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Steve Uebelacker for Chief! He will restore order and confidence!
    BAHAHAHAHAHA! Seven years of back stabbing, threats, and outright inept leadership in this department and you want to stir the beehive by bringing back the bee with the worst stinger?

Unregistered
    Funny his tenure is just shy of 3 years at NPPD.

Unregistered
    Stephanie I, and I know a few people who are staying refreshed on the issue of SU being separated from the city. SU brought professionalism and not a good ole boy view to IA's and procedures within the agency. The cynics are those who can't meet the high ethical standards that a law enforcement officer must have. Again, I suggest a call for SU to be considered for police chief immediately. I stand with Steve! Stand With Steve! SWS!

Unregistered
    Stephanie I, and I know a few people who are staying refreshed on the issue of SU being separated from the city. SU brought professionalism and not a good ole boy view to IA's and procedures within the agency. The cynics are those who can't meet the high ethical standards that a law enforcement officer must have. Again, I suggest a call for SU to be considered for police chief immediately. I stand with Steve! Stand With Steve! SWS!
    absolutely not, remember he was vespia's hire from outside the department. So he penned one letter to cover his a$$. He has never been in command and only made captain by default, under suspicious questionable credentials and without no selection process because he was vespias friend. Don't be fooled here. This man has history, he is a nice guy and ethical but by no means a leader. .He is as guilty as any other member of admin in regards to how this dept is run. Chain of command, vespia pelfrey, morales, SU made him fourth in command........

Senior Member LEO Affairs Captain

Interim Chief. options?

absolutely not, remember he was vespia's hire from outside the department. So he penned one letter to cover his a$$. He has never been in command and only made captain by default, under suspicious questionable credentials and without no selection process because he was vespias friend. Don't be fooled here. This man has history, he is a nice guy and ethical but by no means a leader. .He is as guilty as any other member of admin in regards to how this dept is run. Chain of command, vespia pelfrey, morales, SU made him fourth in command........
    "This man has history, he is a nice guy and ethical but by no means a leader.."

We all have history... Steve taking a stand for what was right shows leadership to me. Failure of leadership is what happened next, when the Chief responded with the Fairytales of Oz memo that is full of folklore where the truth doesn't matter until we start fighting and eventually paying the lawsuits. I don't give a damn about the internal politics.. we all have our ways.. I do care about the ongoing failed leadership remaining and those of us tired of watching him screw the damn pooch. My family was one, of too damn many that fell victim to his utter failure to lead, to supervise. Not one time has he accepted responsibility for any thing.. it is always the messenger or someone else within PD pays the price. This Chief has been given more than ample opportunity to make serious change...

Unregistered
    Two of the major issues I believe we now face in North Port are as follows;
    first, the election of a commissioner who will continue to make the changes necessary .
    secondly, the immediate replacement of the police chief.
    Despite as I quote, being a city wrapped in apathy, the voters stood up and voted out our previous inept administration.
    In doing this our city manager saw the handwriting on the wall and bailed, leaving the city attorney, police chief and asst city manager without the CM protection. We are no longer a city of apathy and we are finally on the path to becoming great once again. We need to make sure we have a new commissioner with zero ties to any of the former administration. We need to have a commissioner who is honest in there credentials and is not trying to pull a political fast one or setting themselves up for the future, one who is not self serving.
    We need to have the commission tell either the interim or replacement cm, the police chief needs to go now, cut his legacy tour of a year short. Vespia is doing nothing more than buying time here at our expense. By staying he is padding his retirement and setting himself up for a great payday, at our expense, once or "IF" he does actually retire. I would use the term lame duck but that would not adequately define his tenure. We need to keep the pressure on our commissioners to make the right choices and to make sure THE VESPIA ERA ENDS SHORTLY.

Senior Member LEO Affairs Captain
    Amen to the above...

So who should the interim Chief be? From within or should we look around for a retired chief to appoint? Anyone have specific individuals they would nominate?

Should Pelfrey assume the reins? Captain Morales unfortunately is victim to vespias of leadership to mold and prepare him for when his time to come. I think the Captain is a good man but needs time serving under a strong professional Chief and ready him for the next opportunity.

A few other names have been floated about. Captain Rose was brought in from FDLE with 25 years of experience. Commander Brown is from the outside wiht 20 years as well.. What would you say to either of them being made interim Chief? Captain Uebelacker has shown moral leadership but I really like him as a Public Safety and Ethics Commissioner in long view when the new Chief and Manager work out our future needed org structures..

Unregistered
    [QUOTE=Stephanie Gibson;2745336]Amen to the above...

So who should the interim Chief be? From within or should we look around for a retired chief to appoint? Anyone have specific individuals they would nominate?

Should Pelfrey assume the reins? Captain Morales unfortunately is victim to vespias of leadership to mold and prepare him for when his time to come. I think the Captain is a good man but needs time serving under a strong professional Chief and ready him for the next opportunity.

A few other names have been floated about. Captain Rose was brought in from FDLE with 25 years of experience. Commander Brown is from the outside wiht 20 years as well.. What would you say to either of them being made interim Chief? Captain Uebelacker has shown moral leadership but I really like him as a Public Safety and Ethics Commissioner in long view when the new Chief and Manager work out our future needed org structures..[/QUOTE
    ]if you appoint a complete chief, then you will not need a public safety commissioner, if you really want to stir the pot have the commissioners hire SU as a independent investigator or confidential investigator responsible only to the commissioners,and give him the authority to investigate all the depts. like he did for the county, watch the exodus then. There actually would be no conflict of interest because he was one of the boys, an insider so he knows the dirt.
    Pelfrey not the man, history with the shrink, anger issues, once the king is gone so will be pelfrey, not a command officer, only think he commanded was the school, apparently by threatening the students with knives on two separate occasions.
    Brown absolutely not, has checkered history with SCSO, only rose to the rank of sgt, no command experience there, left after 16 yrs of service with a two week notice, pulled his retirement etc, under lets say an expedient exit. Has only been on NPPD what three-four yrs and being the kings buddy and stepping on others backs, got the commanders job.
    Rose is a vespia boy. What the commissioners need to do is advertise nationally for a CM and a Chief now, fill the position and then make king vespia retire. FDLE experience does not qualify you to be a chief, he worked in many non law enforcement capacities, so I don't believe he is our best pick. Best bet is advertise, take applications , interview and hire ASAP. Have an open process so the top three can be vetted by the public, Morales, still should be a patrolman, don't be fooled he is as treacherous and incompetent as the rest.

Unregistered
    The former captain should stay the former captain, he is not command material and never was. Just does not have it, but to be honest he kept good company because none of the admin were never leaders either. What made SU stand alone was his ethical views. His letter in response to his meeting with the chief was smart, it covered his ass.
    The commissioners need to have there pulse on what is actually transpiring within the various city departments. It is obvious the last crew of commissioners believed the lies and misdirection given to them by the city manager and various dept heads. The commissioners can no longer blindly trust the administration so therefore I suggest the following;
    create the position of confidential investigator, responsible only to the commissioners. This person should only have to report to the dais. They should have the authority to investigate any/every employee or former employee no matter what there position is/was, any department, review internal affair investigations and brutality cases use of force etc. This of course would include corruption, kickbacks etc. If the commission deemed it necessary to form a citizens review board then this confidential investigator would assist them as necessary but would not be an actual member due to a potential conflict in any outcome or decision. Of course this person would have no law enforcement authority or be allowed to do law enforcement. I am sure there is enough work for this person to be busy for some time. The investigators conclusions or findings would be given to the dais for there review and action. The dais can save right now the useless 15 grand they are spending on the bias use of force contract Vespia wants. Now that the city is self insured, you are going to need and investigator anyway. Why farm it out at outrageous costs to the taxpayers. I am sure the right person can save the taxpayers thousands of dollars.... Just a thought !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 178 of 264 FirstFirst ... 78128168176177178179180188228 ... LastLast