Time for a change - Page 177
Page 177 of 264 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179187227 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,770 of 2631

Unregistered
    get rid of him now. Wow 2018 no way

Unregistered
    Does anyone know if this HR was trained in the Natuonal trend to let employees go, i.e.; 'buy out' before they irreparably damage their Acency on the way out?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Does anyone know if this HR was trained in the Natuonal trend to let employees go, i.e.; 'buy out' before they irreparably damage their Acency on the way out?
    she came from Lowes, where she was terrible at her job, she does what she is told illegal or not

Unregistered

unincorporation of City of North Port

food for thought, with all the problems between the NPPD and what goes on in city hall, some people are asking why North Port just doesn't unincorporated and become south county. The services would then fall under the county administration, county sheriff and county fire and dpw. We will eliminate city taxes and we already pay county taxes. A large portion of NP on 41 north of Biscayne is unincorporated, why not the rest. The rest of the county seems to be efficient and prospering, can we join the prosperity??? You see sheriffs car in the city all day everyday, animal control service provided by the county so why not the rest. Town of North Port ????????

Unregistered
    [QUOTE=Unregistered;2744660]food for thought, with all the problems between the NPPD and what goes on in city hall, some people are asking why North Port just doesn't unincorporated and become south county. The services would then fall under the county administration, county sheriff and county fire and dpw. We will eliminate city taxes and we already pay county taxes. A large portion of NP on 41 north of Biscayne is unincorporated, why not the rest. The rest of the county seems to be efficient and prospering, can we join the prosperity??? You see sheriffs car in the city all day everyday, animal control service provided by the county so why not the rest. Town of North Port

Not sure what prosperity you are seeing in the south County area of North Port. If you are talking about the springs, we'll I suggest you move there and see. Nokomis, Laura? Yeah ok, try living there also. The bubble you live in is really small. The issues in North Port are small in comparison to other areas. They only difference, is there are a few people that continue to make mountains out small things. Yes small things, it is the wonderful effect of social media. These people won't be happy with anything, just wait you will see. North Port, just like any other city or county Admin will always be at odds with someone. You cannot pleasee everyone, and when we all realize that, things won't be as bad. Too many sensitive people out there.

Unregistered
    [QUOTE=Unregistered;2744746]
    food for thought, with all the problems between the NPPD and what goes on in city hall, some people are asking why North Port just doesn't unincorporated and become south county. The services would then fall under the county administration, county sheriff and county fire and dpw. We will eliminate city taxes and we already pay county taxes. A large portion of NP on 41 north of Biscayne is unincorporated, why not the rest. The rest of the county seems to be efficient and prospering, can we join the prosperity??? You see sheriffs car in the city all day everyday, animal control service provided by the county so why not the rest. Town of North Port

Not sure what prosperity you are seeing in the south County area of North Port. If you are talking about the springs, we'll I suggest you move there and see. Nokomis, Laura? Yeah ok, try living there also. The bubble you live in is really small. The issues in North Port are small in comparison to other areas. They only difference, is there are a few people that continue to make mountains out small things. Yes small things, it is the wonderful effect of social media. These people won't be happy with anything, just wait you will see. North Port, just like any other city or county Admin will always be at odds with someone. You cannot pleasee everyone, and when we all realize that, things won't be as bad. Too many sensitive people out there.
    so as I read this, your opinion is to just say it is what it is live with it, we have no serious problems, well as you state the bubble I live in, well the unrealistic shaded world you live in does not exist. We as a community should not have to tolerate city employees who exploit there positions and spend money frivolously. I am well aware of what transpires in the springs, aka the grid. Prosperity would be the elimination of duplication of services. New hotels, restaurants or fine dining which doesn't include a happy meal or slice of pizza, you know like in the rest of the county. North Port has always been the proverbial red headed step child of the county, isolated from the counties of Charlotte and Sarasota. The small things you consider insignificant are in fact major in the eyes of the majority of this community . County building codes are less restrictive and allow for more businesses to start or expand. The three story building max height limit does not exist in the county. More business mean less taxes for the homeowner. There must be a better way to conduct business than what is currently happening here. We have the entire areas of 41 north of Biscayne and river rd, which is north port but is currently unincorporated, we lose all that tax money. So we as a community either live with it as you suggest , don't sweat the small things or change it for the better, I vote change !!!!!!!

Unregistered
    [QUOTE=Unregistered;2744812]
    so as I read this, your opinion is to just say it is what it is live with it, we have no serious problems, well as you state the bubble I live in, well the unrealistic shaded world you live in does not exist. We as a community should not have to tolerate city employees who exploit there positions and spend money frivolously. I am well aware of what transpires in the springs, aka the grid. Prosperity would be the elimination of duplication of services. New hotels, restaurants or fine dining which doesn't include a happy meal or slice of pizza, you know like in the rest of the county. North Port has always been the proverbial red headed step child of the county, isolated from the counties of Charlotte and Sarasota. The small things you consider insignificant are in fact major in the eyes of the majority of this community . County building codes are less restrictive and allow for more businesses to start or expand. The three story building max height limit does not exist in the county. More business mean less taxes for the homeowner. There must be a better way to conduct business than what is currently happening here. We have the entire areas of 41 north of Biscayne and river rd, which is north port but is currently unincorporated, we lose all that tax money. So we as a community either live with it as you suggest , don't sweat the small things or change it for the better, I vote change !!!!!!!
    Careful with your language, you are about to out yourself. And I mean that in THE MOST "professional courtesy" way possible.

Senior Member LEO Affairs Captain
    [QUOTE=Unregistered;2744847]

Careful with your language, you are about to out yourself. And I mean that in THE MOST "professional courtesy" way possible.
    I thought the whole idea behind Leoaffairs was to provide an avenue for LEOs to vent without fear of reprisal?

Unregistered

what is really needed

You have to be a fool if you think the county take over of services in North Port is going to show improvements and save money. We pay for the county's services now and what do we get for it? Animal Services? An occasional helicopter fly over? Ask for their SWAT team and listen to any excuse possible to NOT send them. North Port tax payers provide the cussiony life style for North County and always will. Just look at the manpower at the S.O. spread across North County and South County. The take over there has been discussed for years with empty promises as to the manpower that would be provided. Once an agreement is signed you can guarantee that North county won't be shorthanded for coverage like south is now. What is needed here is to get rid of the person that has ruined the morale and the reputation of the police department so that the officers can once again recover the pride that was once the North Port Police Department before he ran it down with his kiss asses. Our fire department is top notch and other services are superior to anything the county can offer. Jonathan Lewis is responsible for the mess in the city and police department. Now that he's gone, hopefully someone new does their job and dumps the dead weight at the PD.

Senior Member LEO Affairs Captain
    You have to be a fool if you think the county take over of services in North Port is going to show improvements and save money. We pay for the county's services now and what do we get for it? Animal Services? An occasional helicopter fly over? Ask for their SWAT team and listen to any excuse possible to NOT send them. North Port tax payers provide the cussiony life style for North County and always will. Just look at the manpower at the S.O. spread across North County and South County. The take over there has been discussed for years with empty promises as to the manpower that would be provided. Once an agreement is signed you can guarantee that North county won't be shorthanded for coverage like south is now. What is needed here is to get rid of the person that has ruined the morale and the reputation of the police department so that the officers can once again recover the pride that was once the North Port Police Department before he ran it down with his kiss asses. Our fire department is top notch and other services are superior to anything the county can offer. Jonathan Lewis is responsible for the mess in the city and police department. Now that he's gone, hopefully someone new does their job and dumps the dead weight at the PD.
    Interesting exchange. I kinda like the idea of local police myself. Maybe thats cuz i know i will need yall again and when i do.. i wanna know who is showing up. SSO has over 1300 employees i think?! Yikes. That said, I dont know i understand all the ramifications and advantages either way. I have read some of the SLAs with the Sherriff but again, i dont understand the context enough to have a strong opinion. Of coourse, that would put NP back under Lewis umbrella.. uhmm ill Pass on dat.

To those who think we cant change the status quo... ya better look around you. Some were voted out last summer. Some braved their way into another job. Some are waiting for a Raimbeauish golden parachute on the taxpayers dime.... then we have The one who believes we will let him rule and ruin that what we have left, as if his failure of the past 5 years somehow indicates that this next year he is gonna fix what he still cannot even admit is broken. The PIO was hired as an Information Officer, not his personal Public Relations department. Taxpayers would be better served reallocating some of that budget to Records staff. Maybe once Lewis is gone, all of my record requests wont have to be routed through CM, CA and PIO office.. wtf is that about. I know i am fed up with the ass dragging.

City Hall needs to cut bait and start our search NOW for a new Chief and allow him or Her to determine our path forward. When we recruit, we openly seek one who fully understands where we we are and has the experience and willingness to take on the challenge to do what needs to be done. It is a Win for all of us.

However, If this one stays, we MUST open a special independent investigation NOW. From the $$$ currrently being spent by our legal department to defend the failures of the indefensible one that is leaving.. well it damn sure aint cheap and in the end evryone of em will prevail. Clear the proverbial legal deck and lets spend all those dollars on the department needs as defined by the next Chief.

(Thank you JP for the lead to mind boggling read tonight.)

Page 177 of 264 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179187227 ... LastLast