Time for a change - Page 101
Page 101 of 264 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 2631

Senior Member LEO Affairs Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    was she on the commission at the time, I believe she was and who had to vote on the hiring of the CA, the commission ?????
    Mayor Moore was NOT on the Commisssion at the time Moriarty was recruited, interviewed or his contract negotiated. He came in Sept 2014, her tenure on the commission began Nov 2014.

Unregistered
    Moore specifically said at the Republican forum that she liked and would keep the CA and not look at getting rid of him. Every candidate besides her said he wasnt protecting this commission but himself and would look at alternatives to him being our attorney. I think Moore was putting her feelings over the good of our city. -- Chris Hanks

Moore specifically said at the Republican forum that she liked and would keep the CA and not look at getting rid of him. Every candidate besides her said he wasnt protecting this commission but himself and would look at alternatives to him being our attorney. I think Moore was putting her feelings over the good of our city. -- Chris Hanks
    Chris, Mayor Moore was the only sitting Commissioner sitting on that board. It was an impossible question for her to answer. She should have never been asked such. Surely you know it was a no win answer for her. I guess you will learn the Sunshine laws and limits when you do that homework if you are elected.

In the meantime, i get you not wanting to blindly buy what we are out here doing. However, there are many ways to become acquainted with the real issues. Have you spent a couple hours reading the timeline of issues as reported and investigated by the Herald Tribune? Have you read this thread in its entirety? If not, when will you do that homework?

Unregistered
    Nothing in the sunshine law forced her to say what she said or kept her from saying what she thought. There are many ways to say she wasn't pleased without saying that she fully supported him, thought he was doing a great job.

Unregistered
    Nothing in the sunshine law forced her to say what she said or kept her from saying what she thought. There are many ways to say she wasn't pleased without saying that she fully supported him, thought he was doing a great job.
    Positive discussion, whether the sunshine laws prohibits it or not, she made the statement. Stephanie one of your major concerns is the lack of access to the truth and open accountability. I hope to see more dialogue from the candidates. Stephanie I see your creating an online debate for the candidates, asking them the tough questions. Thank you for this, it just makes no sense that our candidates want proof of what is transpiring in NP, how could they possibly ignore this. Keep up the fight, you do make a difference. Chris Hanks, thank you for acknowledging this group and contributing, you might not always agree with us, but you are listening. Thank you Debbie and Corey for your support in our cause.
    It is truly time for a change.

Crickets

"In the meantime, i get you not wanting to blindly buy what we are out here doing. However, there are many ways to become acquainted with the real issues. Have you spent a couple hours reading the timeline of issues as reported and investigated by the Herald Tribune? Have you read this thread in its entirety? If not, when will you do that homework?"

He came in on his high white horse, he took someone to the woodshed over his perceived grandstanding. He then kicked Moore and off he went.. Do you really think he is remotely aware of the issues.. I dont.

I will say again, we have a PIO, we dont need another.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Gibson View Post
    "In the meantime, i get you not wanting to blindly buy what we are out here doing. However, there are many ways to become acquainted with the real issues. Have you spent a couple hours reading the timeline of issues as reported and investigated by the Herald Tribune? Have you read this thread in its entirety? If not, when will you do that homework?"

He came in on his high white horse, he took someone to the woodshed over his perceived grandstanding. He then kicked Moore and off he went.. Do you really think he is remotely aware of the issues.. I dont.

I will say again, we have a PIO, we dont need another.
    I have asked him many questions. I have received no answers. He has no substance. All he has is disdain for Jacqueline Moore. If he really wanted to contribute he would be doing his homework and not making silly videos. He is a clown and Suggs & Denardis are part of his cirucus. He thinks that making faces for the camera shows #Iamnorthport. It doesn't. Folks we have a dilemma in district 2. We know that Cook isn't the answer. So do we go with the evil that we know and vote for Moore or the evil that we don't know and vote for Clown Hanks?

Unregistered
    [QUOTE=Unregistered;2654509]I have asked him many questions. I have received no answers. He has no substance. All he has is disdain for Jacqueline Moore. If he really wanted to contribute he would be doing his homework and not making silly videos. He is a clown and Suggs & Denardis are part of his cirucus. He thinks that making faces for the camera shows #Iamnorthport. It doesn't. Folks we have a dilemma in district 2. We know that Cook isn't the answer. So do we go with the evil that we know and vote for Moore or the evil that we don't know and vote for Clown Hanks?[/QUOTE

You can call me a "Clown"or you can call me and even Moore "evil" as I know it is much easier to do when we are hiding behind anonymity. I get it, your afraid, and to stand up is a scary thing to do. I am willing and encouraging people to meet with me as there has been only ONE single LEO with the "balls" to meet me, in ananomity of course. I listened to him and gave him an honest answer.

Stephanie Gibson, I can respect because she has put herself out there and exposed herself and family to repercussion, but she did it because it was right to do and her character and moral conviction to this demanded it more than I guess it does to most. It is much easier to sit back and complain without standing up and being counted. In life everyone has moments of risk to do what is right or hide and not DO anything. I will say as I always do, that when/if elected I will go through every department head and their departments and if and when impropriety is found people will be dealt with even terminated. Unlike many of the other candidates that cater and pander for your vote, because any candidate to telling you THEY WILL fire everyone is not being honest with you, as it isn't possible to just say and fulfill, unless you are pandering for votes. I will tell you, the CM, the CA, the Chiefs, the department directors, The heads, the employees, and everyone that is found in impropriety will be disciplined and if/when found deserving you WILL BE TERMINATED. If laws were broken, I DONT CARE WHO YOU ARE OR WHAT TITLE YOU CARRY YOU WILL BE PROSECUTED according to the law. As police officers, heads of those departments and even the chief YOU WILL BE held to a VERY HIGH STANDARD OF CONDUCT.

Stephanie Gibson, I also understand these things are out there and I did read the herald on some of the things you have championed for, but the herald and the accusations on this forum arent enough source to FIRE or take legal action against someone as a candidate sitting on this side of the fence at the moment. I have began reading through this forum some and I am appalled at the things I read, but you have to understand that this forum does not constitute, by nature of accusation, anyone being fired or having legal action brought against them AT THIS MOMENT. We are a nation of LAWS and not men! Laws are not discrimatory and are equal toward EVERYONE. I know it has been backwards in the past but, that doesn't mean we continue the process from this side the same way they have done to you or those in this forum, just off the words and authority of people. Please listen to me, NOBODY will get off scott-free in any of these accusations forever and the punishment is always worse in the end than in the beginning. I don't know what else I can tell anyone, I don't know what you want to hear other than I WILL BRING JUSTSICE TO THOSE WHO DESERVE JUSTICE BROUGHT TO THEM! (Not yelling just emphasize) -- Chris Hanks :-)

PS> it's not crickets as I did respond yesterday just forgot to sign at the end. I am in final primary week and I promise I will check at a minimum daily on this forum but please allow me a bit of time to do so. Thanks!

Unregistered
    [QUOTE=Unregistered;2654629]
    I have asked him many questions. I have received no answers. He has no substance. All he has is disdain for Jacqueline Moore. If he really wanted to contribute he would be doing his homework and not making silly videos. He is a clown and Suggs & Denardis are part of his cirucus. He thinks that making faces for the camera shows #Iamnorthport. It doesn't. Folks we have a dilemma in district 2. We know that Cook isn't the answer. So do we go with the evil that we know and vote for Moore or the evil that we don't know and vote for Clown Hanks?[/QUOTE

You can call me a "Clown"or you can call me and even Moore "evil" as I know it is much easier to do when we are hiding behind anonymity. I get it, your afraid, and to stand up is a scary thing to do. I am willing and encouraging people to meet with me as there has been only ONE single LEO with the "balls" to meet me, in ananomity of course. I listened to him and gave him an honest answer.

Stephanie Gibson, I can respect because she has put herself out there and exposed herself and family to repercussion, but she did it because it was right to do and her character and moral conviction to this demanded it more than I guess it does to most. It is much easier to sit back and complain without standing up and being counted. In life everyone has moments of risk to do what is right or hide and not DO anything. I will say as I always do, that when/if elected I will go through every department head and their departments and if and when impropriety is found people will be dealt with even terminated. Unlike many of the other candidates that cater and pander for your vote, because any candidate to telling you THEY WILL fire everyone is not being honest with you, as it isn't possible to just say and fulfill, unless you are pandering for votes. I will tell you, the CM, the CA, the Chiefs, the department directors, The heads, the employees, and everyone that is found in impropriety will be disciplined and if/when found deserving you WILL BE TERMINATED. If laws were broken, I DONT CARE WHO YOU ARE OR WHAT TITLE YOU CARRY YOU WILL BE PROSECUTED according to the law. As police officers, heads of those departments and even the chief YOU WILL BE held to a VERY HIGH STANDARD OF CONDUCT.

Stephanie Gibson, I also understand these things are out there and I did read the herald on some of the things you have championed for, but the herald and the accusations on this forum arent enough source to FIRE or take legal action against someone as a candidate sitting on this side of the fence at the moment. I have began reading through this forum some and I am appalled at the things I read, but you have to understand that this forum does not constitute, by nature of accusation, anyone being fired or having legal action brought against them AT THIS MOMENT. We are a nation of LAWS and not men! Laws are not discrimatory and are equal toward EVERYONE. I know it has been backwards in the past but, that doesn't mean we continue the process from this side the same way they have done to you or those in this forum, just off the words and authority of people. Please listen to me, NOBODY will get off scott-free in any of these accusations forever and the punishment is always worse in the end than in the beginning. I don't know what else I can tell anyone, I don't know what you want to hear other than I WILL BRING JUSTSICE TO THOSE WHO DESERVE JUSTICE BROUGHT TO THEM! (Not yelling just emphasize) -- Chris Hanks :-)

PS> it's not crickets as I did respond yesterday just forgot to sign at the end. I am in final primary week and I promise I will check at a minimum daily on this forum but please allow me a bit of time to do so. Thanks!
    Very good response chris, now we know you do have a position in reference to the misgivings of our city leaders. As you might be aware, Florida is a right to work state, which means basically if you are not covered by a union contract you work at your employers will. This would include the police chief, captains, commanders, inspector none of which are included in the PBA. Basically, you need no reason. Don't sell the Herald tribune short. Michael Scott Davidson researched thoroughly and printed the truth. Some of us believe that his being laid off was from pressure from our city administration. To the victor belongs the spoils as they say. I am sure one of the candidates are going to move for cleaning house, this is what we the people want. Fire the chief, he certainly deserves it, you need no excuse , but you do have plenty. Hire from outside, look for an educated chief who will bring respect and trust back to our department, not the dog and pony show that is going on know, look we got cookies, look we painted blue lines, look we outdid patrol and thru our own birthday party. You as a elected official will be held responsible for any future screw ups by our inept and incompetent city leaders. Do the right thing, do what the people elected you to do. make the right decision, we want change, without cleaning house we will never have it. Conscious aside, they have all earned there terminations, Vespia has sure fired his share without cause or reason, Karma is a ***** they say. Its right for the city

I appreciate the sentiment Chris but in reality, I am putting nothing on the line. I have nothing to lose and everything to gain from change. The only thing this City can do to really hurt me, they did in Dec 2013 and the months following as they drug us through a court system with a false felony charge.. Joe may never be right again but he did not deserve what happened to him or to risk losing his constitutional rights because of the mother thumpers who find sport in harming those they perceive cannot to fight back and the incompetent lying leaders that cover it up by trying to prosecute the victim.. to that i say THUMP You.

So it is easy for me to redirect all that anger and sadness to drum the cause, my job is not on the line. So as much as I understand you wanting someone to talk to you directly, the officer would risk his income for nothing. You see, if you sat with an Officer and she said all is well then you are no better off. If she confirmed everything we believe, you would be in the same position. So skip the ridealongs and spend that time looking at the totality of victims and failure to supervise.. i aint the brightest and i figured it out after spending two years giving vespia every opportunity to do the right thing..

I do get your position here as I did my share of begging for a real convo as well. Instead, I adapted and took the route of listening and verifying to find the facts. In comes the Public Record requesting.. All was well when i was simply pulling pd records. Once i realized that our Chief was so weak he could not acknowledge the problems and policy HE is responsible and accountable for, I knew he was a total waste of my time. So then i turned to City Hall where i tried to engage our City Manager. I requested vespia's written evaluations then things suddenly become less cooperative... I cant fork out 25K for a 30 day report but i will damn sure fight em until i have every last one.. so they can stall, dismiss and wish me away.. i can use their rules and wrap and play their games.. Absurd as it is.. they could have provided a copy of the DB on ftp but they try to scare and intimidate.. and THAT is abse and corruption and to THAT i attribute to CM.

So while i have long ago forgiven the individual officers and ultimately, the failure to recognze and supervise these young men falls squarely to the chief. He failed the officers, he failed my family and others and he failed this City. So yes, I hold vespia personally responsible for the unaddressed PD issues.. I also hold Lewis responsible because he too does not deal with the underlying scandalous issues and also screwed careers of City staff members to protect his and his direct reports asses. They care about themselves only and to that i say.. Oh Hell No.

This is where it gets fun Chris, YOU cannot do what you think you can do. You have the power to hire and fire Lewis only and even then, you are 1 of 5 votes. Also, you can provide an annual review. THAT is it. You cannot go into the City departments and start digging out the skeletons. Those employees are not going to risk their families livelihood. You will not have that authority. In theory, it is a good idea to have the politics stay out of the day to day management of the City but the Commission has to hold the CM accountable. They were too busy playing spite andmalice.. I tried to defendDiFranco.. She gets it as a excop and having a mentally ill brother.. she said what i wanted to hear and then absolutely NOTHING about it. Cook was incredulous that i would dare question vespia.. well to them i say.. ABCD

Not sure about anyone else but I want to hear outrage over us allowing our government to walk stomp and remove our Constitutional rights. Isnt that why you are running.. property rights are important but do we have to wait until we are burying someone to get mad? It wasnt just Joe and I .. it was many, many individuals that suffered Physical Mental and Financial abuse, city staff and citizens.. the City hires a PIO to keep vespia lies in his mouth and a counter PR campaign to whitewash the outhouse.. our Commission fighting over absurdities in spite of KNOWIng what is going on.. I just want the corrrupt dirty to be held accountable, to see real leaders step up and recognize and start making real change. So take a step into the bravery you expect of our officers to do.. Speak Up.. the citizens and candidates are discussing Chickens and Uber and all the wonderful things we want to come to the growing city.. but i say unless and until we deliver the enema.. we will remain in chaos.. we will continue to pay out for lawsuits.. Lets stop the madness before this City grows in size and the problems are multiplied ten times over..

Page 101 of 264 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast