Time for a change - Page 137
Page 137 of 264 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147187237 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 2631

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    When officer No Neck does screw up, an attorney will bring up his test failure and the chief's override.
    This was brought to Kevin's attention at the time. It meant nothing to him.
    let us not forget he got to go to the head of the line in the bidding process for the job, fixed from before day 1 on the job.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Gibson View Post
    While I try to stay outta the K-9 mess and have done none of my own research, I have read Scarred investigative reports, document and stories done by Scott Davidson. My opinion is, we did not and do not have a K-9 problem, we have K-9 handler issues.

I was still reeling from the reasons Bush was removed as a handler. It wasnt oh he is too agressive but rather oh he was insubordinate so lets demote him. He wasnt demoted at all. So WTF does that say about Leadership.. you can abuse and scar citizens but you will NOT disrespect Admin. Self-servingg priorities!

I assumed this was a way to redirect what is prolly a good cop with a bad habit of getting Tomy some live practice in. Maybe it was a Risk Analysis decision and they needed to keep him. but what i thinki am understanding now.. Is they left him to train the K-9 team... so while he has bagged his legal limitof lawsuits.. he now trains others so they can Come Get Their Bites?

All that said, it is good to hear Dutch and his trainer are doing well.. but being of the Trust but Varify variety, What is HIS bite ratio? Also, Is Long still on the K-9 team? What happens to Tomy now.. retirement?
    Stephanie, I would really like to share your optimism but unfortunately I live and work in the reality of it all.
    First, the H/T reporter Scott Michael Davidson was abruptly laid off by the HT, he was our social conscious. Why was he laid off, simply put, the pressure put on the chief editor by the city manager and his staff. They could not take the heat so they put the pressure on. Don't believe it, really, it is so true. Censorship??? do you think that's beneath them. have you read any scathing articles since??? Politics has a lot of clout even in the private sector. But getting back to your optimism about the K9 unit, the only remaining K9 was initially (venice)trained by and continues to be trained by Bush. When he was a venice K9 he had his fair share of troubles, Bush brought him over to NPPD. CL lost his dog over the video taped battery incident, you know the one which was handled so appropriately it died the slow death, no discipline 6-8 weeks paid administrative leave, no discipline. Now with all the pending K9 lawsuits why would you admit guilt and take the dog from its handler. They were trying there best with all the PR to gain the publics approval and it failed. The K9 program has been and is a failure. Vespia's fascination with K9 has proved to not work in NP, he at one time wanted to be a K9 in both Charlotte Cty and NPPD, couldn't make it. The same old sh$t is happening daily and still no accountability. You state basically people should get another chance to do right, a far cry from your initial fire them all stance. They are so ****y, they are not in fear of losing there jobs, it is business as usual, if the candidates we elect do not make the changes necessary and rid this city of the City manager, his assistant , the city attorney and vespia and his cronies we will be in worse shape on November 9th than we ever have been
    They rule the roost, they do what they want without fear of repercussions, is that what we want in our public officials. So history repeats itself time after time after time and no one does anything about it. By charter the commissioners are the peoples representatives, they have the power over Lewis, they can fire him or suspend him or simply not renew his contract. they did none of the above. This is why we need change in leadership, How about our mayor/commissioner stop being so caring and kind to Lewis and Vespia and start being caring and kind to her constituents especially those who have become victims of these two. ABCM anybody but carusone and moore, its time to move forward, it is time for a change.

Senior Member LEO Affairs Captain

Stephanie, I would really like to share your optimism but unfortunately I live and work in the reality of it all.
    First, the H/T reporter Scott Michael Davidson was abruptly laid off by the HT, he was our social conscious. Why was he laid off, simply put, the pressure put on the chief editor by the city manager and his staff. They could not take the heat so they put the pressure on. Don't believe it, really, it is so true. Censorship??? do you think that's beneath them. have you read any scathing articles since??? Politics has a lot of clout even in the private sector. But getting back to your optimism about the K9 unit, the only remaining K9 was initially (venice)trained by and continues to be trained by Bush. When he was a venice K9 he had his fair share of troubles, Bush brought him over to NPPD. CL lost his dog over the video taped battery incident, you know the one which was handled so appropriately it died the slow death, no discipline 6-8 weeks paid administrative leave, no discipline. Now with all the pending K9 lawsuits why would you admit guilt and take the dog from its handler. They were trying there best with all the PR to gain the publics approval and it failed. The K9 program has been and is a failure. Vespia's fascination with K9 has proved to not work in NP, he at one time wanted to be a K9 in both Charlotte Cty and NPPD, couldn't make it. The same old sh$t is happening daily and still no accountability. You state basically people should get another chance to do right, a far cry from your initial fire them all stance. They are so ****y, they are not in fear of losing there jobs, it is business as usual, if the candidates we elect do not make the changes necessary and rid this city of the City manager, his assistant , the city attorney and vespia and his cronies we will be in worse shape on November 9th than we ever have been
    They rule the roost, they do what they want without fear of repercussions, is that what we want in our public officials. So history repeats itself time after time after time and no one does anything about it. By charter the commissioners are the peoples representatives, they have the power over Lewis, they can fire him or suspend him or simply not renew his contract. they did none of the above. This is why we need change in leadership, How about our mayor/commissioner stop being so caring and kind to Lewis and Vespia and start being caring and kind to her constituents especially those who have become victims of these two. ABCM anybody but carusone and moore, its time to move forward, it is time for a change.
    Yeah, that wasn’t lost on me about Scott suddenly deing cut. He was the ying to Josh’s yang.. someone tryng to keep them honest. HT still receives my tips but there are no stories. SHT lost a good reporter when they let Scott go. My benefit of the doubt side says maybe they are jes trying to cut down on all the rhetoric with the anti-cop stuff going on. (Yah I know too optimistic again) But my goodness. Where is the follow up story on Cody Long skating on breaking a 53 yo old mans arm and dislocating his elbow on video when he did nothing.. I cant fight all the battles but I can and will continue to fight to get leadership change at NPPD. Someone with what it takes to take on the existing organization and and begin getting each man and women what they deserve, Chief Kharma! We all need to beable to respect and trust Leadership. Tell it like it is is.. the good thebad and the ugly. Sherriff Clark variety please. =)

From day 1, nearly three years ago, all i have wanted is for the them to recognize the misbehavoirs, discipline/retrain the offenders or modify the policy. vespia seems to forget the costs of his sacrifices, those individuals on the other end of the thumpings, well, we matter too. Joe cant help his brain dysfuntions. but he damn sure matters too. I got enough worries on my plate. I should not have to worry if one of these thugs will arrive at my house when those ugly days come and my family is in crisis.

Unregistered
    ha ha love it

Unregistered
    They only want elementary students to apply because that is the education level the NPPD admin has.

Unregistered
    They only want elementary students to apply because that is the education level the NPPD admin has.
    I am not sure I agree with that. There are many good officers. It is admin and the few thumpers that need to go

I am not sure I agree with that. There are many good officers. It is admin and the few thumpers that need to go
    100% Agree..

Unregistered
    I know early voting has started, so for those who have voted thank you, now for those who are undecided or have not voted yet here is the pitch; For the past two years we have witnessed atrocities, beat downs, thumping's, infamous sex parties discrimination and the arrest of some and the firing of others from within the police dept. We as taxpayers are on the hook for numerous lawsuits because of these uncontrolled officers and there supervisors. Recently a video emerged where two officers beat a man and it was caught on tape. As predicated, it died the slow death, they did nothing internally and gave it FDLE with no time to investigate before the statute of limitations ran out. The whole idea behind the CPSM report (60K) was for a reorganization to better supervise the dept. It has failed miserably. The new ideas are, take officers off patrol and use them in buffet lines, leaving the rest of us unprotected, buying that bear suit, really how much did that cost us and are we really teaching our youngsters to become friendly with and trust a bear??? Not to smart of a choice of characters. They have tried all sorts of ideas to enhance vespia's image, but the bottom line is this, he is uneducated, has only a GED, he loves to manipulate the facts to suit his needs, he has hired all his buddies to secure control over the PD and yes as we witnessed, a female with numerous stitches in her face he states its just a nip!!!!! He is CM Lewis's boy as is Capt Morales.
    Lewis is the root of everything that is transpiring within our city, he has his hands on everything. To solve our problems we have the commissioners, despite what you might have been told, they are the boss, they are Lewis boss and can fire him anytime they want or simply just not renew his contract. This present dais is a joke, we would love to blame it on a couple of them C&D, but they all are equally guilty. Despite what has been told, we cannot cure our ills with caring, hugs and kisses. Do not be fooled by the so called PBA endorsement, Vespia controls the PBA and its delegates, he sees to it they are taken care of. The endorsement is a fraud, the two candidates endorsed are the ones the police chief wants "NOT" the rank and file. So he is afraid of what they other candidates might do, since at least two are calling for accountability and termination of employment.(Silas wants to let things slide) I think as a community we should step out of fears shadow and take control of our future. ABCM anybody but carusone & Moore, Lets seriously consider Hutchinson, McDowell and Hanks . NP is growing at a records pace, we cannot afford to be left behind. We need to have confidence in our public employees and management, it is truly the time for change. Please vote and vote smart. Accountability and Ethics is that so much to ask for?????

If i were Queen for a day...

No accountability is not too much to ask for.. In fact, we should DEMAND it. I agree with most everything said above.. i could almost agree with the vote picks and certainly understand and respect the logic behind such.. I just dont want the dais to lose too much experience. else we will wait two years for them to find their footing...

Thumper the Bear is a cutesy idea and feeds the egos. They are setting up yet another 'viral' campaign.. why else would we want the WORLD going to vote for the name..? Let our children vote and decide or open the final names to a city wide vote.. but no, we are going to spend time and resources to create another staged event for future distraction when some ill event causes the proverbial chit to hit the fan. This is the way of the new world.. create distraction, lie lie lie until they believe the lie.. or forget because they are fixated on the slacious or dazzling distraction. When things get hot.. throw up some glitter and rainbows tile so they forget the REAL problem.. until the next time, then its wash rinse and repeat the diversionary stunts..

I have been delvving further in the 2st policing policies.. it is geared for communities who need to build support and heal relations between the PD and citizens. In my opinion, we do not have a relations problem with our residents at all. We have a failed Leadership problem that continue to make unfathomable decisions. In fact, MOST arduently support NPPD including myself. My way of showing that support is to help drive some changes of the actual probelms that is costing the city and the reputation of the men and women i DO support. When one effs up, it is all that pay in reputation.

Oh if i were Queen for a day... Questions would begin softly and build.. how does Thumper Bear address the issues identified from the media, citizens and CPSM? Where is the follow up work on the Body Cameras.. legislation has been passed.. the money we piss away on PR Stunts would have paid for such. Why have we NOT upgraded every dashcam, the related policies.. shouldnt it alwyas be on..? the questions would continue for hours and hours then when they laughed in my face.. or dismissed my views.. then i would pull out the Tiara...

I would shower a few glittering Pink slips to include KB, KL, CL, vespia and lewis. Pelfrey and Schulte could hold the reins while we ordered the headhunters to find Strong experienced replacements to come in and rectify the ship. I would structure a Civilian Review Board who could participate and review the ongoing issues.. to help select our replacement leaders.. to vet the budgetary issues, to drive technical changes, to provide a safe environment for whistleblowers to reveal issues from with PD and City staff as well without risking their livelihoods. it would have the power to draw on outside PD experts to revew and advise on Use of Force cases and statistics..

Ok, there aint no Queen for a day in my horizon.. but we can get the same end result.. by just being informed citizens, conversing with Commissioners, pounding them to do what must be done. Deaminding them to open up the public records, No matter WHO is elected.. we dont relent, we keep coming and coming until they have no alternative but to deal with the facts.

Page 137 of 264 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147187237 ... LastLast