Time for a change - Page 134
Page 134 of 264 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144184234 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 2631

Unregistered

financials for commission candidates

just reviewed the latest G4 financial disclosures and these are the figures the candidates are reporting as spent so far:

Moore-$29.606.30
    Carusone--$13,993.00
    Sias--$7,725.95
    Hanks--$5,500
    Hutchinson--$2,850
    McDowell--$2861.27

So it is very apparent that the special interest donations are for two candidates and two candidates only. Moore has spent nearly a entire years salary as commissioner on her campaign so far. North Port, lets not be fooled by that we are caring and we are for change rhetoric, they are all about special interest and themselves. The figures on the forms do not lie. Special interest wants control in this city and if they get either or both of these ladies elected, it is business as usual, the rich get richer and the poor pay for it. Lot of money to be made by special interest in this city at the expense of your rights and the environment. Want control over your future, want to keep special interest from using there influence, want to control your greenspace and eminent domain, then consider Hutchinson, Hanks, McDowell... No special interest affiliations. Fully support accountability, transparency and change....ABCM anybody but moore and carusone !!!!!
    disclaimer; this is not a political advertisement and was paid for by no one. just in case the girl power ladies want to complain.

Senior Member LEO Affairs Captain

Special Interest?

What is special interest? Are we saying receiving any special interest donations clouds th intent of the candidate and we should reject those that accept such? If so, then there never was, and never will be any viable candidates because everyone donating time and/or money has some special interest in promoting a given candidate. PBA endorses and donates.. as does the Fire Fighters union. That is special interest money. Individuals donating also have some self interest in promoting this candidate or another. The NPort Boaters association or #ABCD or other brands of special interest.. money didnt go to individual candidates but none the less it is money being spent by individuals that attempts to influence the outcome of a race because of some special interest or political need. It is called politics..

It is also interesting to note that both candidates in the D2 race are acccepting special interest influence by developers. How is the Bill Welk's money and political ads any different from the Benderson family money? Each have legitimate reasons to elect stable and reasonable candidatesthat would lean their direction. Clearly, they prefer different candidates. Sias and Carusone received union money. What about the political party money? Isnt that special interest? Some candidates are taking that time and money.. Some campaigns are receiving InKind donationsand not reporting such.. to me, that is far more disturbing and has not been lost on me and others.

Many are throwing around 'career politicians', 'establishment' and 'special interest' et al.. very real on the national and state levels.. but come on guys.. there is less than 50K reported combined donations in the N Port races.. that is less than 1 buck per resident. It is political hogwash.. it is dividing on innuendo and inference. If i had a wand, I would make it all about the issues.. but hey.. its politics and I am so ready to get past the next 18 days so we can start working on the changes with whoever we elect.

Unregistered
    Isn't this Kate Shakirov lady a private investigator or something??? She doesn't have a license to practice. Maybe she lies, unlike the stuff she throws around about Hanks. She needs to find something better to do than post garbage all day on NPCC. Get a life.

Unregistered
    Developers and firefighters and police are different. Firefighters and police are first responders. Developers, like Benderson, care about money-that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Gibson View Post
    What is special interest? Are we saying receiving any special interest donations clouds th intent of the candidate and we should reject those that accept such? If so, then there never was, and never will be any viable candidates because everyone donating time and/or money has some special interest in promoting a given candidate. PBA endorses and donates.. as does the Fire Fighters union. That is special interest money. Individuals donating also have some self interest in promoting this candidate or another. The NPort Boaters association or #ABCD or other brands of special interest.. money didnt go to individual candidates but none the less it is money being spent by individuals that attempts to influence the outcome of a race because of some special interest or political need. It is called politics..

It is also interesting to note that both candidates in the D2 race are acccepting special interest influence by developers. How is the Bill Welk's money and political ads any different from the Benderson family money? Each have legitimate reasons to elect stable and reasonable candidatesthat would lean their direction. Clearly, they prefer different candidates. Sias and Carusone received union money. What about the political party money? Isnt that special interest? Some candidates are taking that time and money.. Some campaigns are receiving InKind donationsand not reporting such.. to me, that is far more disturbing and has not been lost on me and others.

Many are throwing around 'career politicians', 'establishment' and 'special interest' et al.. very real on the national and state levels.. but come on guys.. there is less than 50K reported combined donations in the N Port races.. that is less than 1 buck per resident. It is political hogwash.. it is dividing on innuendo and inference. If i had a wand, I would make it all about the issues.. but hey.. its politics and I am so ready to get past the next 18 days so we can start working on the changes with whoever we elect.

Unregistered

Stephanie, stop. You know vey well what special interest is. Special interest is a developer who contributes sums of money to a candidate to hopefully earn favor for the future. Lets be realistic here. Your two ladies are on the special interest donors list, they have taken in one case large sums of money from a developer while she is the sitting mayor It's been vetted here already. You of all people wanted change. You came out for blood against vespia and his admin, Lewis and the others. Now you support two candidates who have openly preached, they support the people you wanted removed. Every time you try and justify you candidates opinions or donations you try this distraction rhetoric. The mayor and the ex commissioner have taken monies from special interest and are out spending the other candidates. The mayor herself with all her donated money has spent her yearly commissioners salary. Why????
    does she love being a commissioner that much or is she beholding to the special interest. She is looking out for HER future not ours. The same special interest which originated in Buffalo NY, got into politicians pockets, razed buildings utilizing special eminent domain procedures. NP is ripe for development. We want development done right, according to our codes and not fast tracked by some crooked politician who is on the take, harsh words you say, reality. Two of the candidates have taken special interest money, there are always strings attached. Do not be swayed by the moore ladies antics and distractions. Corruption is corruption. ABC&M Lets get the job done, its time for a change.
    disclaimer, not affiliated with any candidate or party, It's just the right thing to do!!!!!

Senior Member LEO Affairs Captain
    Can someone please point me to a fact or evidence that Moore is corrupt? Accepting donations from a developer is neither of the above.

Unregistered
    The uneducated bs is at it again. My way or the highway. And then when someone presents an educated argument he turns off replies. People please do not listen to your jaded uneducated follower. Do the right thing and take city hall back vote no.

Unregistered
    Can someone please point me to a fact or evidence that Moore is corrupt? Accepting donations from a developer is neither of the above.
    How about her campaign people trying to get her rival candidates (Hanks, Cohen, Batson at one point) to drop out by offering them positions/other things? How about her voting with C+D 3/4 of the time-letting them take the fall? How about spending over 1 years salary for a commission seat? How about her buddy-buddy relationship with Ms. Career politician Carusone? How about her voting to keep people out of city hall, keep signs off city hall, and that stuff? Think she'll protect the environment? Guess again. If she and Carusone get there together-she'll fold like a paper airplane. No backbone. Why vote for her? She's nice? So what. Commissioners aren't elected to be nice and hug people. City employees don't want her, LEOs don't want her. No MOORE!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    The uneducated bs is at it again. My way or the highway. And then when someone presents an educated argument he turns off replies. People please do not listen to your jaded uneducated follower. Do the right thing and take city hall back vote no.
    ?????????? anybody understand this reply, what would we voting no on??????

Unregistered
    Well its obvious you are not accepting the large donation as being unethical. The fact that the city allows benderson to just do what they want, as mentioned before ie violating city code. For a person who taunts civil rights and accountability and transparency you are surely turning your head to this. Accepting donations from special interest who do business with the city might not be illegal in itself, but it is surely unethical. So if your candidates get in they now owe special interest and look at this special interest history in Buffalo. Eminent domain, families displaced for development. No reasonable person should accept special interest donations, there are always strings attached, in this case our community. Moore is just as guilty of misconduct as cook and difranco, she was there allie, now we have cook and difranco 2.0 Moore and Carusone.
    To a reasonable person who is not brainwashed on the girl power thing, they are simply unacceptable. No more moore ABCM

Page 134 of 264 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144184234 ... LastLast