Time for a change - Page 53
Page 53 of 264 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast

Senior Member LEO Affairs Captain

District 1 Candidate Trolli feedback ..

FYI -- Sharing a perspective from one of our District 1 candidates..

Nicholas Trolli I do not go on Leo-Affairs as I do not like that the majority of posts are anonymous. I did attend the Police prayer breakfast and I do speak to officers face to face, one officer at a time.

Like · Reply · 4 mins

Stephanie Gibson Well the reason that site was developed was to allow the rank n file a safe environment to vent. I agree it would be helpful if they could identify themselves but understand why they dont and suport their anonymity. I think the underlying converationIS worth listening to and important for our future leaders to be aware of and prepared to address the concerns of those that protect us.. to do the due dilligence to sort out the faction and fiction.. no different than it they had names associated with their concerns.

Like · Reply · Just now

Trolli Clarification

Nicholas Trolli Let me clarify what I said. I do not post on Leo-affairs; however, I do read the posts. As I said, I do speak to officers in person. Additionally, I am available to speak with any officer that wishes to discuss any matter in confidence with me at any time.

Like · Reply · 8 mins

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    You all clearly missed my point, so unfortunately I'm going to have to spell it out for you: City Hall and to a significantly larger extent the PD Admin, have committed enough transgressions for the Citizens to have more than justified actions such as ballot pledges, recalls, referendums, flooding City Hall to protest and any number of mass protests at the PD and other public buildings to DEMAND change dozens upon dozens of time over.

Guess what? They didn't do anything about these 'alleged' things, which means they do not care about their own damn City. These same Citizens get the newspaper, have FB, watch ABC 7 and yet they have done not one thing. They obviously condone what has occurred, and what will continue to occur, by their apathetic existence. How many more 'alleged' misdeeds will need to occur for them to stop watching the Kardashians and do something?

The 'alleged' behaviors will continue to occur, and the dolts who live here will idly standby and watch it happen, as they have already done so many times before.

NGH
    well stated couldn't agree more, its going to take a lot more than three of us to make this happen, if at all possible.

Unregistered
    NAY Sayers. I have been dealing with them all my life. They always bring a that will never happen attitude. Try to bring people down. Make them believe change cannot happen?

I think if you MR ngh feel strongly about people getting up and making it happen that you should get up out of your chair and make it happen.

Wait you live in NP? Make sure when you do so you hold on to something you are one of the 19.000 all messed up on some sort of substance

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Gibson View Post
    FYI -- Sharing a perspective from one of our District 1 candidates..

Nicholas Trolli I do not go on Leo-Affairs as I do not like that the majority of posts are anonymous. I did attend the Police prayer breakfast and I do speak to officers face to face,
    Let me get this straight. You attended a city sponsored gathering and you are just relying on that perspective in how you view the department, correct. What about officers who were afraid to attend such and voice a view opposite of the chief?
    What about those officers who had to decide over work or a family obligation that precluded them from attending that breakfast?
    I will state this with all certainty. You spoke with less then ten percent of the department.

Unregistered
    NAY Sayers. I have been dealing with them all my life. They always bring a that will never happen attitude. Try to bring people down. Make them believe change cannot happen?

I think if you MR ngh feel strongly about people getting up and making it happen that you should get up out of your chair and make it happen.

Wait you live in NP? Make sure when you do so you hold on to something you are one of the 19.000 all messed up on some sort of substance
    I don't think that guy (or girl) is nay saying anything. I think he (or she) has given a really good description of np residents.

Unregistered
    Let me get this straight. You attended a city sponsored gathering and you are just relying on that perspective in how you view the department, correct. What about officers who were afraid to attend such and voice a view opposite of the chief?
    What about those officers who had to decide over work or a family obligation that precluded them from attending that breakfast?
    I will state this with all certainty. You spoke with less then ten percent of the department.
    hey nick, you spoke to some officers and have a good idea of what is transpiring here and by your own admission you believe if someone has something to say they should not remain anonymous. Nick a good portion of police work operates on tips or calls from un named sources. In todays world, people want to do the right thing but are afraid of being labeled a snitch etc. In this case it is immediate termination and end of career if you reveal what is transpiring within the castle walls. Vespia will immediately terminate you regardless of any legal rights you might think you have. Simply tells you to file a grievance and about a year or so unemployed or working a menial job you get your arbitration and are reinstated, the damage has already been done. Your family has to struggle to put food on the table while admin is laughing all the way to the bank. So nick if you have that I dont believe it attitude, you lost my vote and about ten of my family members and anyone else I can convince. What has been posted here as far fetched as it seems is pretty much our life at th NPPD, with some minor exceptions it is mostly true. Being part of the problem is not going to be the answer.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Gibson View Post
    The reality is Mr NGH is prolly right that many citizens are disengaged but no more than anywhere else in the world. Those that are paying attention often have chosen sides and dont want to listen to anything that is outside of there own thoughts and opinions, ie Democrats and Republicans fighting for their candidates when both candidates stink to high heaven. We all know the Pro and Anti Cop movements out there.. one side wants to hold all cops accountable for the actions of a few, the others want to protect all cops by regardless of the individual cop's bad choices or behaviors. We all need to listen more and be open to change (cept for me of course and I am 100% correct, 100% of the time.. or NOT!)

All that being said, I will never bite on the 'resistance is futile' mindset and will keep pushing for needed change if it takes a decade or forever. Things ARE going to change, they are already.. we either fight the good fight and keep pushing for meaningful changes or we bend over and let the *******s do as they will...
    we're not talking about anywhere else in the world now are we? by all means please do leave our leo affairs board and go somewhere else anywhere else for that matter

we're not talking about anywhere else in the world now are we? by all means please do leave our leo affairs board and go somewhere else anywhere else for that matter
    Well arent you the nice one this morning.. i have considered your suggestion and passed on it.

Unregistered
    hey ngh, our leo affairs board, right, want to voice your opinion fine, want to try and intimidate someone, well that does not work for you, Everybody has a right to post here, especially Stephanie. No one is intimidated by your demeanor or attitude, you are just reinforcing the readers opinions in regards to the rest of us who, apparently unlike you are less cynical and project a much more civil approach to the citizens of NP.

Page 53 of 264 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast