Time for a change - Page 136
Page 136 of 264 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146186236 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 2631

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Gibson View Post
    Lets for arguement sake, say we ALL agree to your choice of candidates to vote for Cory, Debbie and Chris and they get elected....

Do you think the dais rookies will be able to come in and begin "cleaning house" in City Hall or PD? Hell I i cant get them to come within 5 miles of a public conversation.... why? Not one of them have the fortitude to stand up and have an open conversation about the issues. Everyone has valid reasons.. noone wants to be perceived as a cop basher in a time where our Law Enforcement is under attack. If they did they are up against a public so desparate to stand behind our cops that anyone who dares shine a light on the uglier side are rejected. Before you judge others for not stepping up publically, remember, you dont step up publically to discuss either. We all get why.. but you are judging others for not doing the very same thing you cant or wont do.

This leaves the victims to try and raise awareness and effect change. The smart ones find their lawyers and let the taxpayers pay them for the abuses suffered from the Thumpers and failed leadership. Settlements are made quietly and without public understanding. Some, like myself, have a very real need to ensure the behavoir stops and changes are made.. so we pound our drums and try to no end to get heard to efffect some change but we are left with the same failed leader making poor decisions and a City Manager who is blind or complicit.

So now what.. we have elected your selections and yet, we are sitting in the same boat. Yall still will report to a man who would smile and lie to the pope himself in order to promote his self serving needs. He will report to a City manager who cant or wont deal with the scandals and we will have a few more men on the Commission... which in reality will be the same boat we will be in should my selections be elected. The only way to make a broader change.. it to get the public to see and understand. While i think we have brought some light to problems.. we are nowhere close enough to getting the public onboard well enough to get the needed leadership changes.. and when he retires, we will just repeat history..
    at least we have a chance of change with them, I believe cory will push for Lewis's job, I believe linda yates will endorse any move to replace lewis, I believe, at least I hope hanks sees reality here and holds them accountable for what they have previously done and not give them a free pass, From what I hear about Debbie, she wants change. So three new commissioners vs the mayor who absolutely will not make any changes and the ex commissioner who has her alliance with the mayor. So team 1 all new commissioners vs team 2 the same old attitude, status quo.. Ill take team 1 all the time, at least there is a chance. In reference to the cop bashers, the scandals are a matter of public record, as we have discussed before there are a lot more excellent officers then bad eggs per se. Unfortunately the rotten ones are shielded by vespia, have been and always will be, his ballsy attitude in what he just did with the K9 tells you he doesn't care what we think. He has lied or misstated his educational qualifications. Well wait, I guess if you have a GED and take one college course your working towards your masters, I surprised with his ego he didn't state he was working towards his doctorate. His choice for admin, wow, the Misfits. We can only hope with all our pros and cons dialogue that the people use there heads wisely and vote to make change. You have been a victim of this system, I have witnessed it too many times. Now is our chance. I know you will be the first one to condemn any rookie commission, but I will not be far behind. Its a national election year so voter turnout should be heavy. The time is now, it is time for a change.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Gibson View Post
    Fact: The Mayor you want to hold responsibile was elected to serve one year in the Mayor role inNov 2015 or one month or two AFTER the organizational changes were rolled out in response to the CPSM independent Study. She relied on the male City Manager to ensure the male Chief was taking steps to correct the situation. The year prior is was DiFranco that held the Mayor role.

FACT: The individuals repeatedly abusing citizen rights or the "Thumpers" are not female officers. The Supervisors of these boyz are not female. The Admin again are all male. The Chief and City Managers are male.

FACT: The PBA, YOUR union, has endorsed Mayor Moore.
    The PBA is a political organization run by Sarasota PD, the local reps are in vespia's pocket so don't take that endorsement seriously.
    The mayor is a commissioner, the commissioners are lewis's boss. Ultimately who is held accountable. In police work and in civil actions sh*t flows up hill it's called vicarious liability. A patrolman screws up, the chief and the city manager and commission can be held accountable, wait I'm sorry all city workers are indemnified by charter, and with no discipline they are not held accountable in any way shape or form.

Junior Member LEO Affairs Recruit

Re: K9

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    On the NPPD Facebook page the PD touts a new crime fighting tool to be released soon. Here is the scoop, beat the PIO Josh to the news !!!!!.
    The chief is now wearing a fury costume and has become "Mc Idiot" the crime fighting fury creature. No one can see who he is and beast of all he does not have to speak or think just woof and if he hugs you well" It's just a nip". There will be a warning posted, caution no house trained.
    Mc Idiot will solve all our crime issues, because we all know just well our K9 units operate. Another waste of the taxpayers money

Most residents are aware of NPPD's K9 issues of the PAST. May be a little helpful to add just a touch of optimism and perspective. Haven't had a single issue with "Dutch" or his partner/handler and I would strongly wager we never will. History can not be erased but it can be improved. Presently that's exactly what's taking place. Gotta give credit where it's due. CW/Dutch continue to be the picture of how a proper K9 unit should perform. Keep up the good work "boys."

Junior Member LEO Affairs Recruit
    I just saw a video of Chris Hanks. Tactful, Honest, Transparent and Enthusiastic.

It made me realize something. It is not Chris Hanks that is calling people names, starting all kinds of drama and basically disrespecting anyone that does not agree with him. It happens to be a resident of North port which CH already addressed this issue.

Then we go to Moore it is not her calling names, starting drama etc it is another group

So I have been getting a little caught up in all this. Since I was just recently able to see the NPCC website I only witnessed BS and the actions he did to those that he did not agree with. Frequently calling Stephanie a cop basher. Truthfully I have not seen that in any post she has ever written in this forum. I also have not witnessed her at any point disrespecting anyone. She has been diligent in her quest for a change.

With that being said after witnessing CH last video I realized this is not CH or Moore . So I think it is time for me to take a step back and free my mind from all this social media circus. Maybe Moore is the smart one not participating in social media after all, it is less hurtful.

So remember we are all human. It is time to take the high road and stop the madness. This is not a war. Its okay to have your opinions but the ABSOLUTE DISRESPECT for anyone that does not agree with you is wrong. Name calling and frankly middle school behavior must stop.

Vote for who you believe in let that be the change we have been waiting for. Come on lets respect each other isn't that what you are asking for from the police department? Practice what you want and maybe that will spread like wild fire. Yes it is time for a change. But ask yourself must we hurt everyone in our path along the way. So as you want change for this city you must also demonstrate what you are asking for,

Well stated Sir/Ma'am.
    Last edited by MOFF503; 10-24-2016 at 07:55 PM. Reason: Mistype

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by MOFF503 View Post
    Most residents are aware of NPPD's K9 issues of the PAST. May be a little helpful to add just a touch of optimism and perspective. Haven't had a single issue with "Dutch" or his partner/handler and I would strongly wager we never will. History can not be erased but it can be improved. Presently that's exactly what's taking place. Gotta give credit where it's due. CW/Dutch continue to be the picture of how a proper K9 unit should perform. Keep up the good work "boys."
    time will tell, let us not forget where he came from and why he left and most of all who is his trainer?????? so far so good

Unregistered
    time will tell, let us not forget where he came from and why he left and most of all who is his trainer?????? so far so good
    keep up the good cover up BOYS

Unregistered
    Oh please! Everyone knows this guy failed his first test to come here. The chief let him take it again. No one else was aloud to do that. The chief wanted to his competition dog team and he did everything to have it happen.
    So please cut the crappy propaganda.

Unregistered
    Oh please! Everyone knows this guy failed his first test to come here. The chief let him take it again. No one else was aloud to do that. The chief wanted to his competition dog team and he did everything to have it happen.
    So please cut the crappy propaganda.
    When officer No Neck does screw up, an attorney will bring up his test failure and the chief's override.
    This was brought to Kevin's attention at the time. It meant nothing to him.

Senior Member LEO Affairs Captain

Kharma Bites?

While I try to stay outta the K-9 mess and have done none of my own research, I have read Scarred investigative reports, document and stories done by Scott Davidson. My opinion is, we did not and do not have a K-9 problem, we have K-9 handler issues.

I was still reeling from the reasons Bush was removed as a handler. It wasnt oh he is too agressive but rather oh he was insubordinate so lets demote him. He wasnt demoted at all. So WTF does that say about Leadership.. you can abuse and scar citizens but you will NOT disrespect Admin. Self-servingg priorities!

I assumed this was a way to redirect what is prolly a good cop with a bad habit of getting Tomy some live practice in. Maybe it was a Risk Analysis decision and they needed to keep him. but what i thinki am understanding now.. Is they left him to train the K-9 team... so while he has bagged his legal limitof lawsuits.. he now trains others sothey can Come Get Their Bites?

All that said, it is good to hear Dutch and his trainer are doing well.. but being of the Trust but Varify variety, What is HIS bite ratio? Also, Is Long still on the K-9 team? What happens to Tomy now.. retirement?

Senior Member LEO Affairs Captain

HIStory all over again?

When officer -- does screw up, an attorney will bring up his test failure and the chief's override.
    This was brought to Kevin's attention at the time. It meant nothing to him.
    I know a certain academically challenged young officer who failed to finish High School, failed his first try, failed at his first cop job and still ascended through the ranks swiftly and without the credentials or education. Maybe Dutch's handler will be the next Chief =)

Page 136 of 264 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146186236 ... LastLast