Time for a change - Page 121
Page 121 of 264 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131171221 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 2631

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    It is no joke. It was a threat on my campsign. I agree, I would think it is a joke if it didn't happen. This is all new to me an unexpected. But I guess now we know it is par for Northport politics. Same with the fact that the president of the NPEDC offered me a position on the board, "with multiple millionaires that could be an big influence for me and our business" as it was presented to me at one point, to drop out of the race for Mayor Moore to step in 2 days before she announced her resignation and dropping in the running for district 2. The Mayor, by the way, Is also on the board of this organization that offerd me a position back in June. Now, you can call these things drama, I call it the very politics that I am running against and the reason why I ran. This is exactly the sort of things why you guys have this forum in the first place. I am just showing you that it is supported everywhere and this battle you and I fight is a big one, but we are committed and determined to fight it.

Also, to another comment on here about my drama and losing your vote...

My job is not to represent one person and their point of you for a special interest and it's point of you but to represent the majority the best I can, the way I see it. People will boat for me if I perceive that I see their vision and will implement that vision. People won't boat for me that don't. That's just the way it goes. Either way is fine with me because either way represent what the people want

-- Chris Hanks
    Sorry this forum isn't mobile friendly... let me rewrite the final paragraph to make more sense..

My job is not to represent one person and their point of view, or a special interest and it's point of view, but to represent the majority the best I can, the way I see it. People will vote for me if I perceive that I see their vision and will implement that vision. People won't vote for me that don't. That's just the way it goes. Either way is fine with me because either way represent what the people want

-- Chris Hanks[/QUOTE]

Unregistered
    I think the video that was posted for a day or so caused that reaction. I see it was removed so maybe you thought twice about making stuff like that public. That being said it is always good when people make mistakes they admit it. when people d not admit mistakes that is where the problem lies we are all human.

Unregistered
    I have come to realize people can be vicious. Yesterday it was strewn all over social media that c and d stormed out of a commissioners meeting. I do not support them never have never will. But someone else who is running for a seat decided to add drama . Falsehoods for what. Just shows me that he is a drama king. She left professionally and gracefully. So what was the purpose of this comment? ahh no sorry after watching the video all this drama for what. Whatever his reason is be very careful. I do not like liars that destroy people for no other reason then viciousness. So here we go more drama for no reason . Really get a life you just lost my vote young man bye
    Who/what are you referring to?

Unregistered
    It is no joke. It was a threat on my campsign. I agree, I would think it is a joke if it didn't happen. This is all new to me an unexpected. But I guess now we know it is par for Northport politics. Same with the fact that the president of the NPEDC offered me a position on the board, "with multiple millionaires that could be an big influence for me and our business" as it was presented to me at one point, to drop out of the race for Mayor Moore to step in 2 days before she announced her resignation and dropping in the running for district 2. The Mayor, by the way, Is also on the board of this organization that offerd me a position back in June. Now, you can call these things drama, I call it the very politics that I am running against and the reason why I ran. This is exactly the sort of things why you guys have this forum in the first place. I am just showing you that it is supported everywhere and this battle you and I fight is a big one, but we are committed and determined to fight it.

My job is not to represent one person and their point of you for a special interest and it's point of you but to represent the majority the best I can, the way I see it. People will boat for me if I perceive that I see their vision and will implement that vision. People won't boat for me that don't. That's just the way it goes. Either way is fine with me because either way represent what the people want

-- Chris Hanks
    it is funny, you can see who is actually a Moore supporter, they will not listen to reason. NP, our present mayor is more dirty and corrupt than the ousted commissioners can ever think about being. She has peddled her influence to certain organizations and has been rewarded with plenty of cash . Get it thru your thick skulls, grandma she aint. What Hanks has informed you of is quite true and there is plenty moore. She has cleverly hid in the shadows, doing the dirty work and has gotten away with it. She has taken great sums of money from special interest and has steady employment on one of the special interests boards. This is NP, not Tampa or Jacksonville. She has sold her soul to the highest bidder. Is this business as normal in NP, I hope not. She doesn't care about you or me, only herself and her special interests. well one could ask, why and who would pay for influence, NP is a developers paradise, we are only what 25 percent built out, lots of money to be made here for the right developer with the right connections. Money buys influence, influence allows certain favors to be granted, sub standard housing, over development, skirting codes etc. This is not Chicago, where corruption is rampant, this is our home town. She is corrupt and needs to go . No more Moore
    Hanks is telling it as it is and has been known for some time now. She will change nothing, it will be business as usual, the rich get richer on our backs. Please use your heads here, she has to go !!!!!!!!!!!!

Senior Member LEO Affairs Captain

Unregistered

-- Chris Hanks
    Uh uh uh uh uh.... you weren't even in attendance at the meeting. Have you ever spoken out to share your opinion? Please share video of it, if you did. Otherwise, you are just playing the political game. Thanks, but no thanks Hanks.

Unregistered
    All I am reading is double speak. Am I missing something? This is what makes politicians untrustworthy. GIVE ME A SOLID ANSWER, YES OR NO. ARE YOU FOR REMOVING THE CURRENT CHIEF and restructure of his appointees? If yes then you have my vote plain and simple. I will march down the street with a sign in my hand!

I realize that "you" will not have that power but you can start with current city manager. So stop stalling and ball up ! pick a side. We want change in the department and a leader from outside that has proven himself or herself.

Sack Up guy! Make it public get our vote.

You support officers (not the chief)? Then help Officers by providing a sound leader.

If not, then you and Vespia are besties in my eyes. Just my opinion that is all.

Unregistered
    Who/what are you referring to?
    Go on the social media sites and see. The person who announced the cook walked out in a fit and started all the drama. As far as the other quote get it through your thick skulls. This is the stuff that really is unneeded. The name calling bully behavior. I had no idea and I do believe Chris. I was shocked to hear it and I do believe it. Nothing surprises me anymore. I am sure alot of people had no idea. As I said people have been vicious and it justs reminds me of the admin in this city. I am not going to take the low road and participate in all the name calling posting pictures of witches on the internet, I find this childish and vicious. I do not think anyone has a thick skull so save your bully phrases for someone who is into your darma and bully style. Anyway thank you Chris I appreciate your honesty.

You can tell who the moore supporters are? and how can you tell that did anyone in the last few days besides one proclaim that nope. We are all learning about the nasty nasty things that have been happening. So continue with your rants moore must go etc obviously its the same person saying the same thing over and over I got that through my thick skull. However my vote did not change by your bully rants it has changed by Chris hanks educated honest responses so get that through your thick skull.

you would think this was a presidential race actually the thick skull must come from a trump supporter who thinks that bullying and saying the same thing over and over is educated. if you believe that lets build a wall.

So get this through your thick skull it is people like you that make this town the vicious uneducated laughing stock of the county

Unregistered
    All I am reading is double speak. Am I missing something? This is what makes politicians untrustworthy. GIVE ME A SOLID ANSWER, YES OR NO. ARE YOU FOR REMOVING THE CURRENT CHIEF and restructure of his appointees? If yes then you have my vote plain and simple. I will march down the street with a sign in my hand!

I realize that "you" will not have that power but you can start with current city manager. So stop stalling and ball up ! pick a side. We want change in the department and a leader from outside that has proven himself or herself.

You support officers (not the chief)? Then help Officers by providing a sound leader.

If not, then you and Vespia are besties in my eyes. Just my opinion that is all.
    And if he does not moore will ???? If I were him I would not give an answer, he needs to investigate see both sides etc. You want him to give you an answer now for your vote??? come on get it together what an unreasonable request is this the reason why he had to opt out of one group? questions like this? I do not blame him. Ball up and pick a side laughing stock of sarasota county see why

Unregistered

Just read two pages ahead... please read more than the final couple posts as the answer has been given plainly several times. You have to do your homework and actually look for your answers as they have been given plainly several times in ,ultiple platforms.

Page 121 of 264 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131171221 ... LastLast