Time for a change - Page 175
Page 175 of 264 FirstFirst ... 75125165173174175176177185225 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,750 of 2631

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Gibson View Post
    I think Jill had the nearly perfect response...

None of us on the outside looking in are really in the position to fully judge but i do know we are entitled to full transparency and accountability, especially by those whom we entrust great power. Checks and balances. We can only try to have them held accountable through City provided complaint processes but in the end, the Chief gets to play judge and jury. In my view, he has failed repeatedly. Certainly Captain Uebelacker's termination after blowing the whistle only casts deeper concerns... and the clear need is only further reinforced.

If we cannot judge fully from the outside, and it is the Chief himself is under scrutiny.. what is the only logical next step?

It is time for an independent outside investigation with the FDLE, DOJ, SAO.. whatever legitimate options we have available. Lets find out what is really going on, separate the fact from fiction. Let the chips fall where they may..

It is in everyone's best interest here, especially the Chief. I am certain he believes he will be vindicated once and for all. So why wouldnt we?
    Stephanie, I think she just side stepped the problem. Despite her everybody needs to get along approach this is just not going to happen in the NPPD, as long as Vespia is in charge he controls the union and controls your future, he rules by intimidation. There is as you are well are of a massive amount of problems here. Sticking our heads in the sand is not going to solve any of them. She basically stated, she's not going to get involved. She's not going to hold anyone accountable, You have in the past year as an outsider have made more strives to professionalize this dept. and bring to the forefront the incompetent behavior being allowed in this dept., both by the rank and file and the administration. Forgetting the gender thing here, she basically stated they can clean there own house up, this was a typical non committal response by a political candidate, She gets elected and things will never change in North Port The issues here are so obvious, how can she not see what's going on here !!!!!!!!!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    oh really you lack intelligence. Did your other commissioners take office and get rid of him noooo. Why because it needs to be right. why dont you accuse the other commissioners of being a cook supporter because they did not jump to fire kv. That is the problem with this town to many uneducated facebook warriors who think they know it all. Smarten up or shut up
    Since the commission took office what some 45 days ago, Jonathan Lewis is gone !!!!!!! can anyone think of a better first step than that. We are sorry your sore that Jill was outed as being supported by Cook, the truth is the truth, live with it. Your ignorance is duly noted !!!!!! as you have quoted, smarten up or shut up there facebook warrior

Senior Member LEO Affairs Captain
    I read Jill as having an open mind... that is half the battle.

Do you think the the general public really knows the dirty details..? They read the articles.. They gasp and then they go back to their daily lives where they soon forget, until the next shocking article comes out. They know there are issues but they fear taking a stand publically. I have had phone calls and had face to face conversations with too many politically connected and aware citizens who pledge their support privately but still fear going public with such support else..
    1) They will be seen as anti-cop
    2) There will be retribution by the police
    3) The political cost if we are unsuccessful in doing what surely needs to be done.

Each of you understand these reasons and also remain silent publically for similar, and sound reasons. How is it we expect Jill to call for changes she dosnt YET fully understand? Where is your pressure on your Pete to speak up for you? Maybe he has been too busy to respond yet or maybe he didnt see it.. or maybe he wants to remain publically neutral?

I learned this weekend that Pete dropped NPCC so that he could remain on the BS page .. uhmm ok.. This is really problematic for me, as a leader i would have expected him to tell BS to go eff himself, instead he made a political choice, He chose to drop the page that allows those of us who support Leadership change to freely communicate such and instead chose to follow the one that promotes the status quo and quashes those voices that dont align... That is clearly his choice to make.. but i get to make my choices too.

Last edited by Stephanie Gibson; 03-19-2017 at 09:22 PM. Reason: typos and clarifications

Sex parties
    officer suicide
    explorer affairs
    domestic violence
    senior citizen apprehension with force
    the list is extensive. I'm sure others could add a few examples.
    Fabricating Interoffice Memorandums that undermine and attack those who would expose the misdeeds
    Using taxpayers dollars to hire experts to cover the egregious misdeeds and failures of this Chief
    Delaying and frustrating the public record process to prevent the facts from comingto light
    Applying the discipline differently depending on thewhim of the Chief
    Abuse of foce against the Mentally Ill
    Continuing to provericate about his education and military records
    Playng the role of 'Dr Super' when his educational qualification do not allow him to play Dr
    Manipulation of the CPSM prior to it being formalized (See LT class wipeout)
    Failure to Supervise
    Failure to Discipline
    Failure to recognize and address issues early up leading to more citizens being harmed

im sure there is more.. anyone else?

Unregistered
    I read Jill as having an open mind... that is half the battle.

Do you think the the general public really knows the dirty details..? They read the articles.. They gasp and then they go back to their daily lives where they soon forget, until the next shocking article comes out. They know there are issues but they fear taking a stand publically. I have had phone calls and had face to face conversations with too many politically connected and aware citizens who pledge their support privately but still fear going public with such support else..
    1) They will be seen as anti-cop
    2) There will be retribution by the police
    3) The political cost if we are unsuccessful in doing what surely needs to be done.

Each of you understand these reasons and also remain silent publically for similar, and sound reasons. How is it we expect Jill to call for changes she dosnt YET fully understand? Where is your pressure on your Pete to speak up for you? Maybe he has been too busy to respond yet or maybe he didnt see it.. or maybe he wants to remain publically neutral?

I learned this weekend that Pete dropped NPCC so that he could remain on the BS page .. uhmm ok.. This is really problematic for me, as a leader i would have expected him to tell BS to go eff himself, instead he made a political choice, He chose to drop the page that allows those of us who support Leadership change to freely communicate such and instead chose to follow the one that promotes the status quo and quashes those voices that dont align... That is clearly his choice to make.. but i get to make my choices too.

First the idea that the police can deal with there problems from within the department, that's naive. I absolutely believe it must be done from the outside, impartially from an independent source hired by and responsible only to the commissioners. I don't think you will get the state or feds to do this. In saying this jill is walking the fence on her replies, good political move, I to am waiting for pete to respond. I don't believe he dropped the NPCC page as you were told, his wife just posted there a couple days ago. So we will see where that goes. Lets not get paranoid here, there will be no retribution from anyone, the facts which have been exposed will not tag anyone who tries and help as anti cop and well someone needs to grow a set of gonads and tell it like it is. Other than you and a few others. Cut off the head of the snake and the snake dies. I will not vote for or support a candidate who will not step up and state we have problems and are at least working on solutions....Whether that be pete or not. I am more than certain it is certainly not Jill.

Unregistered
    First the idea that the police can deal with there problems from within the department, that's naive. I absolutely believe it must be done from the outside, impartially from an independent source hired by and responsible only to the commissioners. I don't think you will get the state or feds to do this. In saying this jill is walking the fence on her replies, good political move, I to am waiting for pete to respond. I don't believe he dropped the NPCC page as you were told, his wife just posted there a couple days ago. So we will see where that goes. Lets not get paranoid here, there will be no retribution from anyone, the facts which have been exposed will not tag anyone who tries and help as anti cop and well someone needs to grow a set of gonads and tell it like it is. Other than you and a few others. Cut off the head of the snake and the snake dies. I will not vote for or support a candidate who will not step up and state we have problems and are at least working on solutions....Whether that be pete or not. I am more than certain it is certainly not Jill.
    I can tell you, without question, that as soon as BS put out the order that he would boot any member of his page if they were members of NPCC, Pete Emrich quickly and without ceremony left the NPCC page. I heard his wife apologized to one of the admins of the NPCC page. I couldn't care less who is on what page. What I care about is how the new commissioner will work and vote. If they are not going to work hard to discern the bull$hit from the facts and to stand up and call it for what it is....I don't want them. Jill Luke is going to run the same lines as Cheryl Cook. She is of the same grain.

Pete's response

How would you deal with the NPPD?

There's been four lawsuits over the K9 and alleged excessive force issues. More than $80,000 has already been paid out in settlements. Had they gone to trial, taxpayers would have learned additional facts in these cases.

The K9 unit was allegedly offered a suggestion to change around the officers from the night shift to the day shift to reduce the bite ratio. That didn't happen and more lawsuits resulted. Why?
    Any officer who says come and get your bite, while in route to an active call, shouldn't be working for the police department because it could be a liability for all other cases where officer has responded.
    An online media group launched a YouTube video showing bloody images about the K9 mauling a suicidal man. It has more than 120,000 views. It makes it much harder to hire new officers.

Since the city manager doesn't do evaluations of his people, it's unknown how he believes the police chief performed over the past few years.

There are alleged concerns about excessive force. I believe they should be investigated and dealt with if that's the case. In all professions, some are there to collect a pay check and others are there just for a job or bad apples.

I respect our police officers and want them ALL to go home to their families at the end of every shift.
    Many taxpayers say they want officers who are trained to deal with mental health and other crisis situations, know how to combat the never-ending opioid issues and are knowledgeable and friendly.

We want leaders who will not play favorites and employees don't fear not being a "yes man or woman."
    I was recently told that some officers stay away from the administration about their concerns so they don't get in trouble for saying the wrong thing. Others don't want to help with the drug overdose efforts because they will be chastised by administrators and it will cause much more paperwork.
    If true, that's a bit concerning and out of touch with other surrounding county's efforts.

(Thank you Ann Olsen for emailing me Petes response.)

Unregistered
    How would you deal with the NPPD?

There's been four lawsuits over the K9 and alleged excessive force issues. More than $80,000 has already been paid out in settlements. Had they gone to trial, taxpayers would have learned additional facts in these cases.

The K9 unit was allegedly offered a suggestion to change around the officers from the night shift to the day shift to reduce the bite ratio. That didn't happen and more lawsuits resulted. Why?
    Any officer who says come and get your bite, while in route to an active call, shouldn't be working for the police department because it could be a liability for all other cases where officer has responded.
    An online media group launched a YouTube video showing bloody images about the K9 mauling a suicidal man. It has more than 120,000 views. It makes it much harder to hire new officers.

Since the city manager doesn't do evaluations of his people, it's unknown how he believes the police chief performed over the past few years.

There are alleged concerns about excessive force. I believe they should be investigated and dealt with if that's the case. In all professions, some are there to collect a pay check and others are there just for a job or bad apples.

I respect our police officers and want them ALL to go home to their families at the end of every shift.
    Many taxpayers say they want officers who are trained to deal with mental health and other crisis situations, know how to combat the never-ending opioid issues and are knowledgeable and friendly.

We want leaders who will not play favorites and employees don't fear not being a "yes man or woman."
    I was recently told that some officers stay away from the administration about their concerns so they don't get in trouble for saying the wrong thing. Others don't want to help with the drug overdose efforts because they will be chastised by administrators and it will cause much more paperwork.
    If true, that's a bit concerning and out of touch with other surrounding county's efforts.

(Thank you Ann Olsen for emailing me Petes response.)
    First that 15 grand contract to study excessive force issues is a joke and is only being implemented to cover admins ass. The standard operating procedures are clear and concise. What needs to be done is the way I/A's are dealt with, fair haired boy your clear, on the list your history . The history of this departments excessive force and how they were handled is very troubling. Contracting out to a friendly firm is a total waste of the taxpayers dollars. If the chief is pushing this issue then it is clearly an admission on his part he cannot handle his department. The last friendly 60 grand report has nothing but caused chaos in this department. The commission has all the reasons it needs to ask for his resignation. If it makes them sleep better than hire an independent investigative attorney free from any influence to conduct a fair and impartial investigation of the department. use the 15 grand towards this. It is time that the commission stop burring there heads in the sand and hope this problem goes away, because it is not.

vespia tenders resignation effective 3/31/2018......!

and CHANGE has arrived.. =D

Unregistered
    and CHANGE has arrived.. =D
    You did it Stephanie. I do not care what anyone says commissioners my ass. If it were not for you being the mom everyone should have it never would have happened. They can take credit for whatever but the root cause of this resignation is you. Credit is only due to you. Thank you for your bravery, courage and resilience. You did not let the people like bs stop you from what you were doing. On another note transparency npcc practice what you preach. So bs is a stalker big deal ignore him he is a middle school mentally unstable ass period. Do not take away the transparency you scream about

Page 175 of 264 FirstFirst ... 75125165173174175176177185225 ... LastLast