Time for a change - Page 135
Page 135 of 264 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145185235 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 2631

Unregistered
    Is Steph supporting Vanessa now? Thought she was supporting Cory??

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Is Steph supporting Vanessa now? Thought she was supporting Cory??
    No she now switched to the NPCC Fb girl power team she switched to VC

Senior Member LEO Affairs Captain
    I am supporting 5 of 6 candidates... period. As for who i cast my vote for.. well it will be 3 of the 5 I support. All that said, it really isnt going to make much of a difference for LEOs. Rather than having meaningful discussions about real issues yall are facing while you had the publics attention.. we wanted to piss and bemoan who is voting for who..judging each other as if there was a black and white choice to each race.. Anyine who thinks it is that clear.. well they are not looking at the bigger picture.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Gibson View Post
    I am supporting 5 of 6 candidates... period. As for who i cast my vote for.. well it will be 3 of the 5 I support. All that said, it really isnt going to make much of a difference for LEOs. Rather than having meaningful discussions about real issues yall are facing while you had the publics attention.. we wanted to piss and bemoan who is voting for who..judging each other as if there was a black and white choice to each race.. Anyine who thinks it is that clear.. well they are not looking at the bigger picture.
    You sought for meaningful change and yet you preach the sermon for a candidate who has the power to make changes and either refuses to do so, is so naïve she believes there is no problem or just does not care. All that bad publicity over the past couple of years completely ignored by the city administration and the commissioners. No one really cares who you support, nor do they care who I support, they should care about the issues. The lack of accountability, ethics, transparency. This falls squarely on the current mayors watch. She openly admitted she made mistakes, she took donations from business who do business with the city. Illegal ,to be seen. unethical absolutely, she has no platform, wait, lets hug it out, she has no direction for this city, she is certainly no friend of the LEO's and she sided more times than not with the two other commissioners we ousted. If she is reelected absolutely nothing will change, in fact will probably get worse, she will push her huggy huggy agenda and allow her benefactor, the special interest to do what they did elsewhere, eminent domain and reap tax payer monies. My problem with VC is simply she has an alliance, even before being elected with our current mayor, is this an alliance or a conspiracy? Let's not be fooled people, the NPCC supporters are few and we can still take back our city. ABCM anybody but carusone and moore, if you want to move forward, reverse or going backwards is not the answer. Early Voteing begins Monday, be informed, be smart, its your future and your money.

Now that your spewed responsibility speech, it comes down to this, he never accused her of anything, at least not from I have read, the facts are you and your posse cannot defend your candidate on her wrong doings oh wait doing nothing sorry I almost gave her some credit. She recognized nothing, is she that incompetent she didn't have her own senses about her with she aligned herself with the other two, excuses excuses excuses. You of all people, you know the one who trusted admin and they laughed at you, remember that. Wait did she act to prevent all these atrocities committed by the PD , no she just went to dinner with the chief at his brothers place, litterly turned a blind eye Where was that so ever caring commissioner when, the dogs were biting, the boyz were thumping and all the other misdeeds done. No where to be found. Oh by the way ur boy in the video, you know the one who had what six weeks paid admin leave is back to full duty, just as predicted, on video thumping a guy just standing there and given six weeks or more vacation and now on patrol again, hey maybe you will need to call and he will answer or maybe he will be the one to pull you over. It's all about accountability and your saint has zero. Admin has zero and its time we hold them all accountable.
    Now that your spewed responsibility speech, it comes down to this, he never accused her of anything, at least not from I have read, the facts are you and your posse cannot defend your candidate on her wrong doings oh wait doing nothing sorry I almost gave her some credit. She recognized nothing, is she that incompetent she didn't have her own senses about her with she aligned herself with the other two, excuses excuses excuses. You of all people, you know the one who trusted admin and they laughed at you, remember that. Wait did she act to prevent all these atrocities committed by the PD , no she just went to dinner with the chief at his brothers place, litterly turned a blind eye Where was that so ever caring commissioner when, the dogs were biting, the boyz were thumping and all the other misdeeds done. No where to be found. Oh by the way ur boy in the video, you know the one who had what six weeks paid admin leave is back to full duty, just as predicted, on video thumping a guy just standing there and given six weeks or more vacation and now on patrol again, hey maybe you will need to call and he will answer or maybe he will be the one to pull you over. It's all about accountability and your saint has zero. Admin has zero and its time we hold them all accountable.

The Mayor’s role is not to prevent our police officers from abusing citizens. THAT failure belongs at the Police Department and for me, that is the Chief. City Hall was certainly aware of the serious issues but they were being reassured that the problems are being addressed. They failed to follow up in spite of my begging, pleading and prodding. You can blame the Mayor all you want but had DiFranco given a damn she would have raised her LEO experienced voice and the Mayor would have supported her. RD told me face to face that she did not think Vespia had what it takes to fix his own mess but she didn’t bring it to public light. She was too damn busy conspiring with Cookie to burn Yates to do what would have been the right thing to do for NPPD and for the City. Well on Aug 30th, she was held accountable.

If we could have raised awareness in the public of all the PD issues, we could hold the rest accountable but like C&D, yall wanna thump the Mayor and beat up on the women of NPCC for taking a different view. You would be much better served pleading your case to ALL the candidates so no matter which of the 6 get elected they would have heard you.. heard me.. heard us and be motivated to help us make real change.

As for the mother thumpers, well Kharma will teach that boy in the video someday, someway. Maybe it will be an overheard conversation in Ft Myers or maybe he will refuse a special shift.. or maybe, he will end up killing someone with his cowardly ways and he will end up in prison. Maybe they will charge vespia for leaving the ‘bad apple’ on the street when he knows damn well what is going on..I just pray when he goes down, he doesnt take a good cop with him.

The reason I have not responded sooner to this post was because Joe is on day 8 or 9 of an intense episode. Your words sent a shudder through my core when i first read them. I just might have to call… he could show up again, and as it turns out, I did have to call Thursday night. While on the phone with the 911 operator, being as calm as possible in the moment.. I said please don’t send Cody Long. She said he was not responding.. immense sudden relief. Instead Officer Bartolotta and Litherland responded and they were everything a parent in my situation could have hoped for. Patient and compassionate men who clearly wanted to help, not hurt Joe. (Please thank them for me.)

Unregistered
    Well said Stephanie. Why waste time with who you are voting for. It is going to take more then two commissioners to make change happen. If people think that is going to solve this issue they are very wrong. Everyone better stand up and say no to what is going on. If not everyone can wallow in this admin with the henchmen. Time to make a change yes. But do not think for one minute that you are going to sit back and watch it happen. Because it will not . One part of the change did happen yes now there is plenty of work to do if you want justice with the admin get rid of them all fire resign whatever. Wasting your time going back and forth about who is voting for who is a waste of time. Issues people issues

Unregistered

Its time for a change

The Mayor’s role is not to prevent our police officers from abusing citizens. THAT failure belongs at the Police Department and for me, that is the Chief. City Hall was certainly aware of the serious issues but they were being reassured that the problems are being addressed. They failed to follow up in spite of my begging, pleading and prodding. You can blame the Mayor all you want but had DiFranco given a damn she would have raised her LEO experienced voice and the Mayor would have supported her. RD told me face to face that she did not think Vespia had what it takes to fix his own mess but she didn’t bring it to public light. She was too damn busy conspiring with Cookie to burn Yates to do what would have been the right thing to do for NPPD and for the City. Well on Aug 30th, she was held accountable.

If we could have raised awareness in the public of all the PD issues, we could hold the rest accountable but like C&D, yall wanna thump the Mayor and beat up on the women of NPCC for taking a different view. You would be much better served pleading your case to ALL the candidates so no matter which of the 6 get elected they would have heard you.. heard me.. heard us and be motivated to help us make real change.

As for the mother thumpers, well Kharma will teach that boy in the video someday, someway. Maybe it will be an overheard conversation in Ft Myers or maybe he will refuse a special shift.. or maybe, he will end up killing someone with his cowardly ways and he will end up in prison. Maybe they will charge vespia for leaving the ‘bad apple’ on the street when he knows damn well what is going on..I just pray when he goes down, he doesnt take a good cop with him.

The reason I have not responded sooner to this post was because Joe is on day 8 or 9 of an intense episode. Your words sent a shudder through my core when i first read them. I just might have to call… he could show up again, and as it turns out, I did have to call Thursday night. While on the phone with the 911 operator, being as calm as possible in the moment.. I said please don’t send Cody Long. She said he was not responding.. immense sudden relief. Instead Officer Bartolotta and Litherland responded and they were everything a parent in my situation could have hoped for. Patient and compassionate men who clearly wanted to help, not hurt Joe. (Please thank them for me.)
    I truly do hope that you and your son get thru these trying times. From day one of this thread we as individuals and a community have made it known just what was transpiring within our city government, from the commissioners thru the city managers office, city attorney and well the police dept. All kinds of atrocities and misconduct have been revealed. I disagree that one commissioner cannot make a difference. She is ultimately there boss, she is the mayor, though it may be as they say a token position she could have made things change, she could have publicly denounced them, she did nothing, wait she went to dinner on Saturday nights with vespia.
    This thread has been about accountability and ethics. What have we learned, Despite having a female majority of the dais, they as females allowed gender discrimination in the police dept, now we as taxpayers are being sued, Vespia has no liability here because the charter indemnifies him. We have had documented battery by LEO's, out of control Leo's, yet they are still on the job. You believed long would be dealt with, I told you what was going on and well, he is back on the job, Bush, still on the job , lost his dog(believe me it's a smokescreen) and his sole job is training K9s, you use your dog as a weapon, get caught, have lawsuits filed and the city admits liability by temporarily relieving him of his dog and makes him a K9 instructor. The 60 grand police report where Vespia tweaked to his needs and disorganized his dept, hiring no female commanders but instead hired his friends from outside the dept. Let us not forget the sex parties and the questionable fatal shooting of John Smille. We have from day one called for change, it has, its gotten worse. Whether you believe it or not this does fall under the mayors authority. Difranco was part of the problem and we as a community dealt with her, but moore, cook and difranco were in alliance, no question about that. Moore is ineffective as a leader, good community involvement, but not a commissioner. She took special interest money, she overlooked what the PD was doing and who suffered, you did and we did. She is a big part of the problem and certainly is not the solution, she had her chance and sat by and did nothing. We want and need change. Carusone is now in alliance with moore, so we now see where she stands. Silas, wants to give everyone another chance, not acceptable, so that leave candidates who have promised us change and accountability, Debbie McDowell, Cory Hutchinson and whether you like it of not Chris Hanks and with the support of Linda yates our city has a brighter future. Accountability, ethics is that so much to ask for from our politicians and city administration. So your vote does matter. Early voting begins on Monday. Please vote responsibly.
    Do not be swayed by the few females who think girl power is the way to go, the last dais had a female majority and look how dysfunctional that was. I am not advocating an all or majority male slate, just vote smart, who will represent us, who will hold the guilty responsible, who will restore ethics and accountability to our government. Moore and Carusone have had there chance, it's time to move forward, put the past in our rearview and make our community whole again. ABCM anybody but Carusone and Moore.

Fact: The Mayor you want to hold responsibile was elected to serve one year in the Mayor role inNov 2015 or one month or two AFTER the organizational changes were rolled out in response to the CPSM independent Study. She relied on the male City Manager to ensure the male Chief was taking steps to correct the situation. The year prior is was DiFranco that held the Mayor role.

FACT: The individuals repeatedly abusing citizen rights or the "Thumpers" are not female officers. The Supervisors of these boyz are not female. The Admin again are all male. The Chief and City Managers are male.

FACT: The PBA, YOUR union, has endorsed Mayor Moore.

Lets for arguement sake, say we ALL agree to your choice of candidates to vote for Cory, Debbie and Chris and they get elected....

Do you think the dais rookies will be able to come in and begin "cleaning house" in City Hall or PD? Hell I i cant get them to come within 5 miles of a public conversation.... why? Not one of them have the fortitude to stand up and have an open conversation about the issues. Everyone has valid reasons.. noone wants to be perceived as a cop basher in a time where our Law Enforcement is under attack. If they did they are up against a public so desparate to stand behind our cops that anyone who dares shine a light on the uglier side are rejected. Before you judge others for not stepping up publically, remember, you dont step up publically to discuss either. We all get why.. but you are judging others for not doing the very same thing you cant or wont do.

This leaves the victims to try and raise awareness and effect change. The smart ones find their lawyers and let the taxpayers pay them for the abuses suffered from the Thumpers and failed leadership. Settlements are made quietly and without public understanding. Some, like myself, have a very real need to ensure the behavoir stops and changes are made.. so we pound our drums and try to no end to get heard to efffect some change but we are left with the same failed leader making poor decisions and a City Manager who is blind or complicit.

So now what.. we have elected your selections and yet, we are sitting in the same boat. Yall still will report to a man who would smile and lie to the pope himself in order to promote his self serving needs. He will report to a City manager who cant or wont deal with the scandals and we will have a few more men on the Commission... which in reality will be the same boat we will be in should my selections be elected. The only way to make a broader change.. it to get the public to see and understand. While i think we have brought some light to problems.. we are nowhere close enough to getting the public onboard well enough to get the needed leadership changes.. and when he retires, we will just repeat history..

Unregistered
    If that does not make you wake up I ask what will? Your right steph there are people that just remain silent. Maybe if more people spoke up a change would happen. Male female does not matter wake up people shake the admin to the core. Speak up and stand proud. Just as you have seen this woman do she kept her promise she would not let it go. So now it is up to the rest of us to jump on board. Who cares who gets elected , who has dinner with who etc. I saw a name of someone involved in the thumping. The sad story behind that is he is one of the thumpers that has thumped many others and got away with it. Wake up

Lets for arguement sake, say we ALL agree to your choice of candidates to vote for Cory, Debbie and Chris and they get elected....

Do you think the dais rookies will be able to come in and begin "cleaning house" in City Hall or PD? Hell I i cant get them to come within 5 miles of a public conversation.... why? Not one of them have the fortitude to stand up and have an open conversation about the issues. Everyone has valid reasons.. noone wants to be perceived as a cop basher in a time where our Law Enforcement is under attack. If they did they are up against a public so desparate to stand behind our cops that anyone who dares shine a light on the uglier side are rejected. Before you judge others for not stepping up publically, remember, you dont step up publically to discuss either. We all get why.. but you are judging others for not doing the very same thing you cant or wont do.

This leaves the victims to try and raise awareness and effect change. The smart ones find their lawyers and let the taxpayers pay them for the abuses suffered from the Thumpers and failed leadership. Settlements are made quietly and without public understanding. Some, like myself, have a very real need to ensure the behavoir stops and changes are made.. so we pound our drums and try to no end to get heard to efffect some change but we are left with the same failed leader making poor decisions and a City Manager who is blind or complicit.

So now what.. we have elected your selections and yet, we are sitting in the same boat. Yall still will report to a man who would smile and lie to the pope himself in order to promote his self serving needs. He will report to a City manager who cant or wont deal with the scandals and we will have a few more men on the Commission... which in reality will be the same boat we will be in should my selections be elected. The only way to make a broader change.. it to get the public to see and understand. While i think we have brought some light to problems.. we are nowhere close enough to getting the public onboard well enough to get the needed leadership changes.. and when he retires, we will just repeat history..

Page 135 of 264 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145185235 ... LastLast