Time for a change - Page 32
Page 32 of 264 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282132 ... LastLast

Senior Member LEO Affairs Captain

Rah Rah Rah!@@

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Do you people realize that a department having open IA's is a very normal occurrence? They can range from the most minor offense, to the most serious... You could look at it like this... It's a good thing there are open cases, therefore the department is taking the time and putting in the effort to actually investigate complaints that come in. If there were zero open cases, everyone would say "the PD is covering everything up, how could there be no open complaints?" I'm not saying the PD is perfect, they are not.. But with some of you disgruntled ass people, they will never win. Any law enforcement agency, if they are policing their own, will have open IA cases.. Especially an agency that is over 100 officers and growing.
    Really? They do? Oh well then.. ok guys.. pack it in, we are done here. Move along nothing to see... LOL

Well i can appreciate you wanting to defend NPPD but here is the problem.. you have to look a little further back than the last post, past the rainbow and glitter.. the bright and shining smiles. They are policing their own huh? Well lets see.. have YOU pulled the pending lawsuits that are ripe for bigger and bigger payouts because Leadership fails to fix the root problems? Last I looked it was 5 or 6, and i know of two others getting their ducks in a row. I have the list with case numbers if you are interested. Some of these were filed on men who went through IAs to no discipline end. If you bother you will see a clear history of no discipline.. "legacy of leniency" as the HT so poetically pegged it. Leadership does excel at covering up, or at least they used to.. too many are realizing the best way to support those men and women is to support the rank n file. For me, that equates to Vespia and Lewis.

Lets look at individuals officers who have a long disturbing history of abuse of power.. I have witnessed it first hand. In the end, no matter how many IAs there are, or are not.. unless until we make the hard calls of swift and painful discipline.. send a clear message we will not tolerate such misbehavior, it aint going to change. The current Chief has zeero moral authority to do so.. it is TIme for a Change.. a strong disciplined Chief to lead this department.

I am ASSuming you are a taxpayer in this City.. it is YOUR dollars that will end up paying for it all. I am sure more and more will find themselves disgruntled, be it our officers or those who are paying for the sins of others and a failed leadership..

You know what is worse than we 'disgruntled ass' ones... cheerleaders who blindly pull for the whole and ignore the dirty details.. negate and ignore those who have suffered from the failed leadership of the department, which includes both those in uniform and citizens in this Community.

Signed,
    Justifiably Disgruntled

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Gibson View Post
    Really? They do? Oh well then.. ok guys.. pack it in, we are done here. Move along nothing to see... LOL

Well i can appreciate you wanting to defend NPPD but here is the problem.. you have to look a little further back than the last post, past the rainbow and glitter.. the bright and shining smiles. They are policing their own huh? Well lets see.. have YOU pulled the pending lawsuits that are ripe for bigger and bigger payouts because Leadership fails to fix the root problems? Last I looked it was 5 or 6, and i know of two others getting their ducks in a row. I have the list with case numbers if you are interested. Some of these were filed on men who went through IAs to no discipline end. If you bother you will see a clear history of no discipline.. "legacy of leniency" as the HT so poetically pegged it. Leadership does excel at covering up, or at least they used to.. too many are realizing the best way to support those men and women is to support the rank n file. For me, that equates to Vespia and Lewis.

Lets look at individuals officers who have a long disturbing history of abuse of power.. I have witnessed it first hand. In the end, no matter how many IAs there are, or are not.. unless until we make the hard calls of swift and painful discipline.. send a clear message we will not tolerate such misbehavior, it aint going to change. The current Chief has zeero moral authority to do so.. it is TIme for a Change.. a strong disciplined Chief to lead this department.

I am ASSuming you are a taxpayer in this City.. it is YOUR dollars that will end up paying for it all. I am sure more and more will find themselves disgruntled, be it our officers or those who are paying for the sins of others and a failed leadership..

You know what is worse than we 'disgruntled ass' ones... cheerleaders who blindly pull for the whole and ignore the dirty details.. negate and ignore those who have suffered from the failed leadership of the department, which includes both those in uniform and citizens in this Community.

Signed,
    Justifiably Disgruntled
    If you look at the history of officers involved in I/A's you will see it is the grunts working as line officers who do there job and maybe make a mistake. Someone of rank gets it in for them and then they are screwed. For one of the favored gang to be charged it has to be as they say HUGE!!!! and embarrassing if it comes out. If you dont kiss the ass of the mental case in the pink castle he will get U, one way or the other. Sue him, he dont care, the taxpayers indemnify him by city charter. He has zero accountability ZERO. There is what 80 officers now and shrinking faster than he can replace them. The word is dont go to NPPD unless you have exhausted all other departments, first.

Unregistered

yes well said

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Gibson View Post

Signed,
    Justifiably Disgruntled

Oh do I love this honest, no backing down !!!! Sounds like someone north port should have as a commissioner.

Here we go again..

Here we go again.. City Attorney slow walking records. I appreciate there are pieces of the IAs that are questionable and might require legal review. However, the question of CLOSED IAs is not one of those areas that is covered by the Officers Bill of Rights. The Sunshine Law offer no exceptions for closed investigations. For a department that is so proud of itself and has nothing to hide, to a City that boasts about its Transparency, we sure do like to piss with those who have an enforceable right to receive those records. Either Moriarty is ASSuming my record requests includes some of the questionable information (Open investigations or Officers on Admin Leave) or he is being used as an agent to slow the information getting to the public. It would be too costly and a losing battle for the City to try to set new precedent. In the end,, they only dig us into deeper schtuff by trying to hide the unhideable.

Mr Moriarty, There is nothing to research, Inspector Koval has the logs, please allow hime to redact the 5, 6, or 70 active investigations and deliver the 2015 and 2016 IA logs. In the meantime, the ADMIN needs to get the hell out of the way and follow the law.

========================================

Sent: Friday, April 29, 2016 10:35 AM
    To: Tezzee Gibson
    Cc: Mike Koval; Sunshine@FloridaFAF.org; Commissioners; Amber Slayton
    Subject: Re: NPPD Internal Affairs Log for 2015 and 2016 - ClosedInvestigations ONLY

Good Morning Ms. Gibson: your public records request has been received. Please know your request is not the only request that has been received. It is being researched. An answer is expected next week. Please let me know if you have any questions comments or concerns. Thank you ~ Mark

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 28, 2016, at 8:13 PM, Tezzee Gibson <tezzeeg@gmail.com> wrote:
    Hi Mark,

As I am sure you are aware and is very clearly defined, the closed the PD Internal Affairs Investigations are subject to Sunshine Laws of this state. As such, I will ask again that you allow Inspector Koval release the Closed IAs log to me now. There is no reason for delaying my legitimate request as there are no exceptions for closed IAs.

Again, I am not asking for the 5 Open IAs or the Officers name on Admin Leave. I am simply asking that you follow the law and provide me the public records I have requested. My request is not unusual or unreasonable. There are no exceptions and therefore you should not be delaying that which is clearly public record.

Attorney General Advisory Legal Opinion - AGO 2000-66 : http://myfloridalegal.com/ago.nsf/Op...25699A00698E19

Thank you,
    Stephanie Gibson

Unregistered
    "closed PD Internal Affairs Investigations are subject to Sunshine Laws of this state"

That's not true.

The Government In The Sunshine Law (singular) deals exclusively with open public meetings requirements and the prohibition of elected and appointed officials operating outside of those requirements. It has nothing to do with public records. Citing the Sunshine Law here is as applicable as mentioning Florida's safety belt law requirement.

Yes, the attorney will notice this and probably blow you off for citing the wrong law.

"closed PD Internal Affairs Investigations are subject to Sunshine Laws of this state"

That's not true.

The Government In The Sunshine Law (singular) deals exclusively with open public meetings requirements and the prohibition of elected and appointed officials operating outside of those requirements. It has nothing to do with public records. Citing the Sunshine Law here is as applicable as mentioning Florida's safety belt law requirement.

Yes, the attorney will notice this and probably blow you off for citing the wrong law.
    Yes Lawyers study the law and NOT Laws. Isnt the Public Record Act part of the Sunshine Law? That is where I found the Attorney General position on such? Whatever.

He may blow me off because I am a simple woman who cant afford a lawyer and making straight forward requests that should not require any citing of the law. However, I am certain of all of the other requests of the same matter, probably one or two of them got their questions all lawyerly correct with proper citings and stuff. In the end, he either produce them or he can explain why he produced them for me in the past. CCSO didnt have a problem releasing Vespias IA.. In the meantime, I will reach out to the Attorney General's office tomorrow and see if they can help me craft a more proper request so our CA cannot delay any longer.

So what is so damning in these IAs that deserves all the time delay and dollars to fight releasing them?

Thanks for the law lesson.. =)

Unregistered
    "Isn't the Public Record Act part of the Sunshine Law?"

No. They are entirely separate and distinct. When overlap happens, it is because an an elected or appointed board official has violated them both.

The NPPD (and its employees, including Vespia) is legally incapable of violating the Government In The Sunshine Law as no one there is elected or appointed to any board that is required to give public notice.

Breaking - District 2

BREAKING: Another candidate has entered the @CityofNorthPort commission race. Christopher B. Hanks will run in District 2. @HeraldTribune

https://www.facebook.com/MDavidsonPNJ/?fref=nf

P.S... I know nothing of him yet but thrilled to see options for the A.B.C. vote=)

Unregistered
    i have ben contacted by city oficials that the sheeple want a cop watch group there because the police state and courts r out of control https://www.facebook.com/Charlottecountyflcopwatch/

Unregistered
    i have ben contacted by city oficials that the sheeple want a cop watch group there because the police state and courts r out of control https://www.facebook.com/Charlottecountyflcopwatch/
    Which City? The FB link doesn't contain any information with regards to your post.

Page 32 of 264 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282132 ... LastLast