Time for a change - Page 120
Page 120 of 264 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130170220 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 2631

Senior Member LEO Affairs Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    It's not hard to ask, or go to my FB page and look around at ALL my videos. The majority of my videos, except my Live W/ my wife of which I do touch topics some as questions are asked, go into either details of what I will do for our city or specific details and facts, most with resources, of the record of my competition. I don't feel talking about my competition's record is "negative" campaigning. I feel it is my duty as a candidate to show the inconsistencies of her words and her record as a commissioner as most people either don't look or don't know how to look. Example, I bet almost everybody on here or most don't know that the Mayor said on the mic that she thinks our attorney is good for the city... those that do know she said that, obviously aren't sharing...
    All sides have people that have strong support, like Moore has Anne Marie Olsen, which is as bad as any against me with the name calling and falsehoods about things I've said... I have only met Bobby once when his band played at one of my events, I haven't seen him since. Does that mean I am responsible for the way he runs a private group?
    Stephanie Gibson, would only be able to tell you that I have been cordial toward her, even on this forum I have spoken nicely about her, it is important to research and not just listen to a select few with a single agenda. Stephanie Gibson, I believe, is a stand up and honest person. She doesn't support my campaign for specific reasons, that are hers to know. I believe we are very similar in philosophy, as she has stated herself. I just ask that each person #1 Vote & #2 Vote your Conscience, if that is for me, then great if it isn't, then I am fine with that to. Don't get me wrong, I want to win, but my identity isn't wrapped up in the position, title, or a plaque on a wall... I don't get it, then it is the will of the people of which is the reason I am running. - Chris Hanks
    Welcome back Chris.

A couple of comments:

1) Example, I bet almost everybody on here or most don't know that the Mayor said on the mic that she thinks our attorney is good for the city... those that do know she said that, obviously aren't sharing..

Actually Chris we discussed this. I believe there were conversations on this thread and I am certain, it was fully discussed in North Port City Concerns. As a reminder, my position was and remains that it was an unfair question to a sitting Commissioner. I get others see this differently.

2)
    I have only met Bobby once when his band played at one of my events, I haven't seen him since. Does that mean I am responsible for the way he runs a private group?

Of course not Chris, no more than Moore is responsible for Ms Olsen's passionate views. Your choice to make a noisy exit from NPCC group yet remained in the other group was rather unfortunate. What i didnt understand was the video you made in "defense" of your friends, where you told many of us you didnt neeed or want our vote. I assumed you were tired and you pulled the video but the concern remains....

What will you do when you get elected and citizens start coming down on you.. I live in District 2. How many times do I have to ask you 'WHEN are you going to make needed changes in PD Admin?' before you get tired of me asking the same question and I end up on the same list as AnnMarie?

3) There is a decided difference between pointing out an opponents weaknesses and missteps.. and being ugly and disrespectful. i have seen both from you. I dont see any realization from you on how ugly it got for awhile. Our Mayor is imperfect but she deserves our respect. I have never heard Mayor Moore EVER show disrespect to anyone in spite of the maltreatment she has taken from C&D, your campaign and others.. (I would tend to slug back also, so not a criticism, just an observation that her weakness is also her strength.)

I agree we are very similar in political views and i have always understood your appeal. In the end, I need to know that we dont see a repeat of the C&D disrespect. Instead, I just want a functional board that works together to recognize and resolve problems together. It is way past time for meaningful changes..

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Gibson View Post
    Welcome back Chris.

A couple of comments:

1) Example, I bet almost everybody on here or most don't know that the Mayor said on the mic that she thinks our attorney is good for the city... those that do know she said that, obviously aren't sharing..

Actually Chris we discussed this. I believe there were conversations on this thread and I am certain, it was fully discussed in North Port City Concerns. As a reminder, my position was and remains that it was an unfair question to a sitting Commissioner. I get others see this differently.

2)
    I have only met Bobby once when his band played at one of my events, I haven't seen him since. Does that mean I am responsible for the way he runs a private group?

Of course not Chris, no more than Moore is responsible for Ms Olsen's passionate views. Your choice to make a noisy exit from NPCC group yet remained in the other group was rather unfortunate. What i didnt understand was the video you made in "defense" of your friends, where you told many of us you didnt neeed or want our vote. I assumed you were tired and you pulled the video but the concern remains....

What will you do when you get elected and citizens start coming down on you.. I live in District 2. How many times do I have to ask you 'WHEN are you going to make needed changes in PD Admin?' before you get tired of me asking the same question and I end up on the same list as AnnMarie?

3) There is a decided difference between pointing out an opponents weaknesses and missteps.. and being ugly and disrespectful. i have seen both from you. I dont see any realization from you on how ugly it got for awhile. Our Mayor is imperfect but she deserves our respect. I have never heard Mayor Moore EVER show disrespect to anyone in spite of the maltreatment she has taken from C&D, your campaign and others.. (I would tend to slug back also, so not a criticism, just an observation that her weakness is also her strength.)

I agree we are very similar in political views and i have always understood your appeal. In the end, I need to know that we dont see a repeat of the C&D disrespect. Instead, I just want a functional board that works together to recognize and resolve problems together. It is way past time for meaningful changes..
    1). I haven't seen it on here and I could have missed as this thread is quite expansive, however most commenting now obviously haven't read it and again I say, for those that know, it isn't mentioned at later events.

2). What can I say, I am loyal to my friends as I will be to the people of this city by continually rejecting offers/bribes made by special interest groups as mentioned In Earlier videos on my FB page back when I came in the race, June/July-ish... I was responding to those specifically on that page when it was questioned of my about my "staff" and what kind of "control" I had over them. It was mentioned that if I can't "control my people" then those wouldn't vote for me... Well, they aren't my staff, they are friends with every right to defend themselves when others threaten and attack them, specifically first... I was saying if ,y defense of my friends, whom I believe in, cost me votes... Well then so be it. I know I would appreciate that, knowing that my friendship meant more than someone's "office". That was why I also did the graphic with my quote about relationships being the only thing that matters in this life... Funny those things don't get shared on these, "unbiased" groups.

3) I didn't make a "noisy exit". I simply left Kate, the administrator to the page a message, privately telling her that I wouldn't be following her page concerning the "anonymous questions", as I don't believe them to be sincere questions but what I would consider "bait", asked by one or two individuals designed to just "muddy waters." Nobody can honestly say that I won't answer honest questions. So my way to resolve the convolution of one sided questioning was to invite all people to my page to ask the question publicly and openly in the form of transparency that everyone so wants. This way I don't miss one or two and be accused of "hiding." I feel that is the most honest and simple. If someone wanted to be anonymous then they coul PM me and then my response would be left to them if they wanted to share publicly or anonymously on a forum like this.

4) you'll have to resource the parts that are "ugly." As I haven't been personal against her, only pointing out the specific inconsistencies and in most cases if not all at some point referencing those cases with documentation, like her voting record and meeting minutes. I am careful to say when something is of my opinion, like I believe her running again is motivated by self interest and special interest as I have well documented in the past.

I do agree we need meaningful changes but in areas of morality people see things in different shades, and that is something that will have to be considered when some one votes for or against me. I believe it is a moral obligation to point out my opponents voting record and inconsistencies with her current speech. It is your obligation to either see it as a character flaw or a series of continuous mistakes. No doubt, I will have a voting record after 4 years if I win and that understanding will go with me. If we vote principles of PEOPLE and FREEDOM FIRST, self and special interest NEVER, unless the two coincide, then you will see far fewer mistakes. I believe that to be true. --Chris Hanks

Unregistered
    People hear the things they want. To clear the air, at the republican primary debate it was the only time the question of firing the CA was brought up and Mayor Moore was the only one, of all candidates attending, to say she would not fire, and actually said she liked CA Moriarity. I said I would not keep him on. There are a lot of changes to be made. I don't know how many times to say that I WILL DEAL WITH ALL that are improper, unproductive, caught in misdeeds and anything unbecoming as a city official. Yes that means any and all disciplinary actions up to termination of those under the commission authority. Put Name Here_______, ALL WILL BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE under an Cory, Debby & Hanks commission... at least from our side and perspective. Lets get this city turned around! We need a fresh perspective and some strong arms to do it, Moore doesn't have it or she would have already moved toward it, and it wouldn't need to be discussed. She has never made a motion toward what your asking, let history speak for itself. - Chris Hanks
    Well we finally have the answer we were seeking, thank you Chris for your honesty and position on this matter. This I would hope would put to rest any questions as to being biased in favor of the administration. You are correct, Jacqueline Moore is status quo, she honestly believes everything is running fine and nothing needs to change. I do not believe for one minute she will be open minded or whatever the new her is. I cannot believe her supporters buy this changed women theory. As previously stated in this thread, she is a politician, politicians will tell you what you want to hear, to get reelected. This is exactly what she is doing. She was as just as guilty in this cities demise as cook and difranco, but she was smart, she hid in the shadows. She let them take the fall, and oh yes they deserved it, all of it. But so does Moore. How the hell can you defend a women who is costing us, the taxpayers 70 grand for a special election.
    She fully supports, what we stand against, Lewis, Schultz, Moriarity, Vespia and his appointees. We want change
    status quo is not acceptable anymore. NP has changed, we are much more Intune with what our city government is and how it is administered. 1950/1960 politics cannot be tolerated anymore. the strong dictator/tyrant type leader as in Lewis and Schultz and Vespia cannot be tolerated any further. They have made a good living on our dime. They have spent millions recklessly, just look at the robinson deal. Look at moriarity, three raises in what a week. Look at vespia, all his trips, his center for police management study, 60 grand that he interpreted himself and completely disorganized his dept, adding all new male personnel to his inner circle and all this with simply a GED as his education.
    We need change, we demand change. A vote for Moore is a vote for status quo, she will NEVER change !!!! I read from one of her supporters well, if she doesn't support change, you will still have the majority vote that will. Is this what we want. further dissention on the dais. Over the past couple years with all the corruption, negative publicity, brutality and police misconduct, not one administrator has been held accountable. It is time for that to change. I agree complete the sweep, No more MOORE, we just cannot take another four years of her. Corey, Debbie, Chris,Pete Our Future

Unregistered
    One thing for sure I sure respect citizens that are willing to stand up for what is right. Yes Moore did cost this city way to much. Okay I agree she hid behind the other two. Yes politicians say what we want to hear. So will there be change? I sure hope so. This cannot go on. We can not continue down the road of basically stealing money from the taxpayers. We also cannot continue with the wild west thumping behavior. I am glad that Chris cleared the air. I do know one thing this thread has educated many people with the truth. The truth that I am sure many people did not want to come out. The people that are laughing behind the backs of citizens who are making legitimate complaints. I personally was one of the people that changed my vote a couple of times after seeing the so called social media threads. Yes I do agree at this point no more moore. If change is going to happen we need a clean sweep. With the honesty and transparency that I have seen in the last day or so on this site I say also no moore. We also must remember that many people cannot private message use their name on social media sites etc. I am not sure people know how real it is that your job will be gone in the am if they are to speak out publicly. The last thing people want is to put their families in financial hardship. People have agreed to protect and serve however, unfortunately that goes with a code of silence. This is nothing new. What is new is a venue to be anonymous and to speak the truth. Please make the changes that need to happen.

Unregistered
    #3 The mistake was letting other citizens know your decision sort of us against them. This fueled the bully to use you as a scapegoat. Some people have to be anonymous bottom line. Your job is not on the line. So understand this is done for a very important reason. The questions are still the same whether you know their name or not. That is not important. What is important is the question and the answer. Believe me people are watching and the powers that be will do anything to keep their status and destroy anyone who gets in the way

Unregistered
    #3 The mistake was letting other citizens know your decision sort of us against them. This fueled the bully to use you as a scapegoat. Some people have to be anonymous bottom line. Your job is not on the line. So understand this is done for a very important reason. The questions are still the same whether you know their name or not. That is not important. What is important is the question and the answer. Believe me people are watching and the powers that be will do anything to keep their status and destroy anyone who gets in the way
    Please don't take this as a minimization of your situation as it isn't what is meant, but an honest appeal for understanding not just on my part, which hasn't been on your side, but also for those to see and understand a bit from my perspective. It takes both sides for understanding. Also typing from my phone so bear with me...

I don't have the big lobbies of the Bendersens pumping tens of thousands of dollars into my campaign, like Moore has, not to mention the 30-40k they gave her last election. That means I have to work harder for those votes as I am not able to just buy them by spending money on anything and everything, I am legitimate grass roots, knocking on doors myself. The funding I receive comes from people like you guys, the hard working blue collar, just trying to earn a living for their families. This means that I understand that every dollar I receive comes from your dinner table and not some "fat cat" that has generational money that means nothing to them. That is why she can spend $20k on a primary and not sweat it, because that money means nothing. Every dollar I spend has to be calculated and chosen for a purpose if I am to compete, this is how I came within 450 or so votes of her. This is the way I do business, because I don't have the deep pockets of the tax payers to "practice" with like Mayor Moore and the commission has. They can waste money and it doesn't matter to them because they have no "real" connection to it. It's always been in my business and there were times that if I make a wrong decision then my family loses everything and doesn't eat, I get and understand that risk.

Because I don't have those deep "quid pro quo" pockets to waste money with, then my time becomes limited because of the "footwork" I have to do, as I don't have the public weight and of city hall behind me and the awareness of the population that being the Mayor or a sitting commissioner gives me, and I certainly don't have the "special interest $$$" flowing into my campaign. Where has she been, answering the social questions? When you talk about the groups, she hasn't been asked a single question on NPCC, fine it's a Moore support site, I can deal with that and did for months. The reason I left was because the "anonymous questions" weren't legit from legit questioners. I don't have the "staff" mayor Moore has to work for my campaign full time working for me. I don't have the people to "muddy waters" with arguments guided as "questions" made by anonymous sources. Those questions were asked by one person, who had already made a public disassociation of me, and threatened my campaign behind the scenes with one of the moderators of that group. That moderator met me and my wife at Starbucks and showed me docs/private messages between me and this one individual and told me that if I didn't do something this individual wanted they would release those docs. I said, "release them... There isn't anything I said in PM that I wouldn't be willing to say in public". I guess they found them as "damning evidence" against my campaign. I don't think so and don't care. For this reason, and knowing the "anonymous" questioner I decided that the groups intention wasn't honest in its unbiased fact checking as it claimed so I chose the best route I knew for the honest questions to be asked and it to remain transparent on my part and that was through my page. If an individual wanted to remain anonymous then they could PM me and it would or they could public comment and it would be open. I feel this covers both sides. I am not one for drama but am finding that politics is nothing but drama with many.

Also, I understand that nobody wants to lose their jobs and it is a risk for a family for you to speak out, but please don't think I don't understand financial risk of losing a job or not being able to provide for my family, because I do. Please don't take me wrong as I am not trying to insinuate that I have any understanding at the risk you put yourselves in for the purpose of protecting and serving, as I do not, but as an entrepreneur I have put my family at financial risk every time I have tried to build a business from scratch, of which more failed than took off. We moved to Florinda, because of that same risk and my family had to "start over". I had a profitable building company, but when the housing marked wreaked its havock we had to start over. We moved here and I was a laborer for a lawn mowing company during the day and worked Walmart on the graveyard shift stocking shelves through the night. My wife worked as a waitress in between my jobs just so we could make ends meet. I mean it when I say we ate Ramon noodles and balogne everyday for almost two years as it truly felt like it. That was when we took the $250 that was our grocery money for the month and started our company. i understand the risk of losing my job and putting my family in a hard place with the possibility of losing everything we have built. That's my life. Please understand I am not talking about "on the job" risk, I could never understand that pressure and maybe that is added to the other to make it different.

I am trying to put out there some of my perspective so that way we can better understand each other and have more meaningful dialog. This is the only venue you give me to speak to you, as this is where I would do a video or live stream from my page but then it wouldn't directly be referenced to a post here and would be misconstrued understandably.

My wife will tell you, I stay from drama, but I am running in a field that is all about drama... It's called politics.

So it isn't about knowing the name... It was about weeding the "politics"/ "drama" from the real issues and giving the citizens, you, the honest answers you deserve. -- Chris Hanks

Unregistered
    What the moderator met you and displayed a message and then he or she said she would make it public. What in the world. This is not the presidential race. I have to think about this what. I do believe you what I cannot believe is that a facebook group leader whoopie would think they can do that to an average citizen trying to make a change what!!!!!!!!! Is this a joke?

Unregistered
    sounds like the admin at city hall to me. Just take a look at this thread many things people would not have thought until it was made public. Shame on the moderator. shame on politics Shame S'hame

Unregistered
    I have come to realize people can be vicious. Yesterday it was strewn all over social media that c and d stormed out of a commissioners meeting. I do not support them never have never will. But someone else who is running for a seat decided to add drama . Falsehoods for what. Just shows me that he is a drama king. She left professionally and gracefully. So what was the purpose of this comment? ahh no sorry after watching the video all this drama for what. Whatever his reason is be very careful. I do not like liars that destroy people for no other reason then viciousness. So here we go more drama for no reason . Really get a life you just lost my vote young man bye

Unregistered
    What the moderator met you and displayed a message and then he or she said she would make it public. What in the world. This is not the presidential race. I have to think about this what. I do believe you what I cannot believe is that a facebook group leader whoopie would think they can do that to an average citizen trying to make a change what!!!!!!!!! Is this a joke?
    It is no joke. It was a threat on my campsign. I agree, I would think it is a joke if it didn't happen. This is all new to me an unexpected. But I guess now we know it is par for Northport politics. Same with the fact that the president of the NPEDC offered me a position on the board, "with multiple millionaires that could be an big influence for me and our business" as it was presented to me at one point, to drop out of the race for Mayor Moore to step in 2 days before she announced her resignation and dropping in the running for district 2. The Mayor, by the way, Is also on the board of this organization that offerd me a position back in June. Now, you can call these things drama, I call it the very politics that I am running against and the reason why I ran. This is exactly the sort of things why you guys have this forum in the first place. I am just showing you that it is supported everywhere and this battle you and I fight is a big one, but we are committed and determined to fight it.

Also, to another comment on here about my drama and losing your vote...

My job is not to represent one person and their point of you for a special interest and it's point of you but to represent the majority the best I can, the way I see it. People will boat for me if I perceive that I see their vision and will implement that vision. People won't boat for me that don't. That's just the way it goes. Either way is fine with me because either way represent what the people want

-- Chris Hanks

Page 120 of 264 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130170220 ... LastLast