What's going on with the Lawsuit/Contract from a regular FOP Member

Unregistered

What's going on with the Lawsuit/Contract from a regular FOP Member

Just so we are clear, I'm not a member of the FOP Executive Board. I'm just a regular joe in patrol that takes the time to every once in a while ask questions to members of the board. I do what I can to keep myself informed via good and reliable sources, not a "I heard that..." type rumor control that seems to be the rule here..

1. The Financial Urgency lawsuit decision has not been released by the FL Supreme Court. Every Thursday afternoon, they release decisions via their website. No one has any special insight into the Court. When they do, everybody will know... Until then, no one knows, got it.

2. The City is not negotiating in good will. If their offer is nothing (from our perspective), then expect the FOP not to fall into a endless circle negotiating scam. If and when the City and the FOP can come to a negotiated agreement that the Board believes is in our best interest, we will be given the terms of that agreement and we will vote. Whatever time that takes weeks, months, whatever. Until then, no one knows, got it.

So, stop *****ing about every little thing, slight, or whatever. Stop cutting the legs from under the FOP while their trying to negotiate something just because you don't like Ortiz or Valdez. A long as the City understands that we are not united they will continue to impose terms to us, not to collective bargain is good faith. Anyways, there is a great deal more to say, but I have to rest in order to work an off duty. Stay safe, stay informed, and stop stabbing each other in the back.

Peace, out....

Unregistered
    The lawsuit status is the least of your concerns; with the new DOJ agreement in place, it's time to do less than currently done; if that is realistically possible! Sergeants, Lieutenants and ambitious Commanders, stop demanding productivity; that is QUOTAS, they only creates the dynamics for use of force situations, complaints and IA investigations. Assume the model Chicago Police officers have adopted; let the “hood take of the hood!” Afterward, respond to collect the carcasses, write the preliminary report and should a brave soul provide information that leads to an arrest by follow-up detectives . . . great! Otherwise, case remains open pending; regardless, your checks will still come in! Policing “crime fighting” days are long gone; now is the era of “hug a thug.” While we do not advocate it and most police officers will not, avoiding it as one would the plague, play the game and survive!

Unregistered
    I do agree with you in everything you say, but guys like me and you here are just numbers. What i do is forget about the corruption of this place and the politics since guys like me and you have not control over it. Just work your 46 and make your money. Come and do your 10 hours, back your fellow officers and go home at the end of the day. Think about yourself and not this place, just make your money as long as you can and dont over work yourself. Be safe brother.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I do agree with you in everything you say, but guys like me and you here are just numbers. What i do is forget about the corruption of this place and the politics since guys like me and you have not control over it. Just work your 46 and make your money. Come and do your 10 hours, back your fellow officers and go home at the end of the day. Think about yourself and not this place, just make your money as long as you can and dont over work yourself. Be safe brother.
    Your post spells out the essence of mine -- SURVIVE!