PBA and Contract facts. - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    How did IUPA rake in almost 18 million in 2014 but be in the red?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Broward PBA Official View Post
    In light of recent events we have had many BSO Deputies rejoin the PBA and several have inquired about joining again. So that all have the proper information, we would like you to know that you can resume membership at anytime by calling the office at (954)584-7600. There is no back dues to be paid if you rejoin and there is no fee associated with signing back up. You will only have to resume paying dues from the date you join back. Also, if you need to stop dues deductions to IUPA you can email Alicia Lengyel in BSO Class & Compensation and ask for those automatic dues deduction to stop.

Also the rules from Perc are below to show that no matter which union you belong to you WILL HAVE THE RIGHT TO VOTE on any contract that affects you.

60CC-4.002 Ratification by Members of Bargaining Unit.
    (1) The certified bargaining agent shall promptly present the proposed agreement to the members of the bargaining unit for consideration and ratification. The certified bargaining agent shall give notice of any ratification meeting to all members of the bargaining unit. Notice procedures need not and will not be approved by the Commission in advance. The notice shall be communicated sufficiently in advance of the ratification vote to permit the members of the bargaining unit a reasonable opportunity to consider the matters to be voted upon prior to the actual vote. The notice shall be communicated to the members of the bargaining unit by any means which may reasonably be expected to come to the attention of the members of the bargaining unit, including but not limited to the following:

(a) Posting in conspicuous places where notices to members of the bargaining unit are customarily posted, or

(b) Personal delivery to the members of the bargaining unit, or

(c) Mailing to the members of the bargaining unit, or

(d) Advertisement in an employee newsletter distributed to the members of the bargaining unit or in a newspaper of general circulation in the community where the members of the bargaining unit are employed.

(2) The notice shall contain the following information:

(a) The date, time, and place of the meeting;

(b) That the meeting is open to all members of the bargaining unit regardless of membership in the employee organization;
    (c) That all members of the bargaining unit are eligible to vote; and

(d) That a copy of the proposed collective bargaining agreement is available for inspection at a specified location.

(3) The vote taken at a ratification meeting shall be by secret ballot of all members of the bargaining unit attending the meeting. The vote shall be publicly counted and the results announced at the conclusion of voting and counting.

(4) Where it is necessary to conduct more than one ratification meeting, each such meeting shall be conducted pursuant to the foregoing requirements, provided that the combined results of voting conducted at the several meetings shall be announced within three (3) days after the final ratification meeting.

(5) In lieu of ratification meeting(s), the certified bargaining agent may use mail ballots for the ratification vote; provided, however, that the tally of ballots shall be conducted at a meeting, and the results of the vote shall be announced at the conclusion of the tally. The certified bargaining agent shall give notice of such ratification vote and meeting prior to the distribution of mail ballots. The notice shall contain the following information:

(a) The date upon which mail ballots will be distributed, and the last date for returning the ballots;

(b) The information required in paragraphs (2)(c) and (d) above;

(c) The date, time, and place of the meeting for the tally of ballots; and

(d) That the meeting for the tally of ballots is open to all members of the bargaining unit regardless of membership in the employee organization.

(6) The majority of all those voting shall prevail.

(7) The certified bargaining agent shall, within five (5) days after the final count of votes, notify the public employer of the results of the ratification vote.

(8) The certified bargaining agent shall maintain a written record of the results of the vote.

Specific Authority 447.207(1), 447.309(4) FS. Law Implemented 447.309(1), (4) FS. History–New 5-6-79, Amended 1-17-80, 12-21-81, 1-25-82, Formerly 38D-20.02, 38D-20.002.

PBA?? I remember you! You were that group of back door dealing guys that actually made me lose money the last 7+ years of your dictatorship. Yes please sign me up again for another 18 years so you can screw me again. LOL

Junior Member LEO Affairs Recruit
    This post and account was created for facts and information sharing. We will not argue or respond to anonymous or slanderous posts. If you have specific questions you would like answered about anything please call the office at (954)584-7600 or message us on our facebook page.

We will not discuss specifics of Deputy Peraza's case either except to say that he is actively and aggressively being represented by Broward PBA Attorney Eric Schwartzreich, as evidenced by several recent court appearances and media stories.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Running back to the PBA sounds like a knee-jerk reaction. Don't forget why we switched away from the PBA in the first place!
    I just read the above about the Peraza legal fees! Is that true?? I do t know...if you look at the totality of it all, the Broward PBA is not the answer. IUPA has been upfront, honest and looking to make a difference b
    Anyone with half a brain can tell the original poster is thanking himself a minute after he did it the first time. IUPA will get more for us the first year than the PBA got for us for 8 years!! Just keep supporting your union and you will see.

Unregistered
    Running back to the PBA sounds like a knee-jerk reaction. Don't forget why we switched away from the PBA in the first place!
    I just read the above about the Peraza legal fees! Is that true?? I do t know...if you look at the totality of it all, the Broward PBA is not the answer. IUPA has been upfront, honest and looking to make a difference b
    Trust me, nobody has forgotten what the PBA did to us. The PBA keeps coming on here to plead they will do better if we go back to them. Sorry PBA, you sold us out by dividing the membership with the fuel fee and a 10th step wasn't even mentioned as a possibility by you! We just saw 3 other departments get an extra step or two and we just want what's fair. I believe everyone will leave the PBA if IUPA can get us that 10th step, minimum 2/2/2 no increase in healthcare and no fuel fee. We are the lowest paid in the area for any decent size department and the morale reached this low point during your watch. I had you for 17 years but we honestly believed it was time to give someone else a shot.

Unregisteredytr

How quickly we forget.

Call John Bailin or Russ Diperna, and they won't say a word about IUPA or any other union. After you hear them for 5 minutes you will look at the PBA as a true criminal organization. Have Russ show you the manifest from the 2007 board of directors election and how many ballots were stuffed. Ask John to show you IA files that disappeared. Ask JR Reynolds how the PBA attorney who represented him told him not to allow John and Russ to testify in his case, because they were criminals. And yet, the arbitrator specifically said it was their testimony that swayed him to an award of re-enstatement. Ask Russ how the FBI wanted a copy of his arbitration case, and Pat Hanrahan hid it under his desk behind garbage pails so he couldn't give it to them. This is just a fraction of criminal behavior by the PBA criminal enterprise. The PBA is an embarrassment to law enforcement and should be banned from operation. That may not be to far off based on current events. You don't like IUPA, fine, that's your choice, but they are definitely not the answer.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregisteredytr View Post
    Call John Bailin or Russ Diperna, and they won't say a word about IUPA or any other union. After you hear them for 5 minutes you will look at the PBA as a true criminal organization. Have Russ show you the manifest from the 2007 board of directors election and how many ballots were stuffed. Ask John to show you IA files that disappeared. Ask JR Reynolds how the PBA attorney who represented him told him not to allow John and Russ to testify in his case, because they were criminals. And yet, the arbitrator specifically said it was their testimony that swayed him to an award of re-enstatement. Ask Russ how the FBI wanted a copy of his arbitration case, and Pat Hanrahan hid it under his desk behind garbage pails so he couldn't give it to them. This is just a fraction of criminal behavior by the PBA criminal enterprise. The PBA is an embarrassment to law enforcement and should be banned from operation. That may not be to far off based on current events. You don't like IUPA, fine, that's your choice, but they are definitely not the answer.
    Believe me and rest of the IUPA members, we did NOT forget. There were many good reasons why we voted and PBA lost fair and square. It's only been a few months and IUPA is showing us it was a very good choice to switch! I am happy with my vote and I'm sure IUPA will continue fighting for our contract and reunite us.

Unregistered

it's only a few

Believe me and rest of the IUPA members, we did NOT forget. There were many good reasons why we voted and PBA lost fair and square. It's only been a few months and IUPA is showing us it was a very good choice to switch! I am happy with my vote and I'm sure IUPA will continue fighting for our contract and reunite us.
    It seems only dandy DUI Don, Phat arse Meggie and her husband, the TErd (only because he wants his wife to get the full release position) and the select few are upset with IUPA... Get.over it you lost now just be happy with the 5% and just go away

Unregistered
    It seems only dandy DUI Don, Phat arse Meggie and her husband, the TErd (only because he wants his wife to get the full release position) and the select few are upset with IUPA... Get.over it you lost now just be happy with the 5% and just go away
    Yes. Get over it. You'll never get promoted Zehler. You'll be just like Voody on the last list. Skipped, skipped, skipped, skipped. You get the point. You won't get another full release position so you can leave your toll booth. You'll never get promoted. You thought this IUPA on-duty push you and Jeff did for so long was really gonna be your career booster. NOT!

Unregistered

Welcome Back

Why did you change your user name from "Ask The PBA" to "Broward PBA Official"?

Is it because you are embarrassed of the lies you told on that thread?

Since this is the Broward PBA Official can you please identify yourself so we know who is answering the questions?

Now can you please start by answering the following questions? Plenty more to come.

1-Who is on the payroll at the PBA hall?

2-in 2013, the PBA hall made $80,000 and paid $42,000 in management fees. There was not enough money left to pay the million dollar mortgage for the hall. Were union dues used to bail out a for profit organization?

3-Why did the PBA violate their bylaws in 2012 promising the membership the opportunity to vote on who to endorse for sheriff when article 10 only allows the executive board to grant local endorsements?

4-The PBA enjoys a non profit property tax break. Why does the PBA hall, which is a for profit business enjoy this same tax break?

5-Why does this chapter of the PBA refuse to allow members to see a financial statement in order to see how money is spent?

6-Why has the debt of this local PBA soared from 1.8 million to 2.2 million during the last 3 tax returns? And we still cant see 2014 Tax returns.

7-Who voted to give PBA president Marano a 50% pay raise? We only got a 2% the same year

8-Why did the PBA have a exec board member inside of a federal courtroom during the sentencing of a deputy who pled guilty not convicted of federal crimes? I know he was a PBA board member but real cops want nothing to do with criminal cops. And then this exec board member protected the disgraced officers family as they insulted and threatened the victim,

9-Why does the leadership of the PBA allow family members to open private businesses at the address of the PBA?

10-Why did **** brickman not recuse himself from all Coventry bidding? He is business partners with Thomas Panza who helped bring Coventry to Florida.

11-If 90% of a unions time is spent on labor issues such as contracts,i.a, grievances and arbitrations then why does this PBA chapter have zero labor attorneys on staff?

12-Why did a PBA board member help cover up a felony arrest of Art Santucci's son in Pompano ? Was it for personal gain under Lamdirty?

13-Why did the PBA and then President Brickman refuse to take action when Jeff Poole was caught stuffing ballots ?

14- Is the Broward PBA still under investigation?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast