Detective supports IUPA

Unregistered

Detective supports IUPA

I'm a deputy working in CI. I actually support the IUPA proposal. The reason being, at the end of the day, I'm making much more money! We all will be making much more money.
    On my call out weeks, if I get called out, my OT rate is going up up up! Same thing applies to SWAT, Dive...ect. If some of us would just take off our cool shades they would see that this is a good deal.

Unregistered
    With all that extra money you're going to have you can buy this nice bridge I'm selling...

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I'm a deputy working in CI. I actually support the IUPA proposal. The reason being, at the end of the day, I'm making much more money! We all will be making much more money.
    On my call out weeks, if I get called out, my OT rate is going up up up! Same thing applies to SWAT, Dive...ect. If some of us would just take off our cool shades they would see that this is a good deal.
    I agree 100% but there still are a few that can't see their paychecks will be bigger with this proposal than getting that supplement.

Unregistered
    It's called being selfish that's why so many are against the idea. They're selfish self serving people. It disgusting here.

Unregistered
    It's called being selfish that's why so many are against the idea. They're selfish self serving people. It disgusting here.
    ...or some us can do math and know that the proposal as it was presented will never happen.

Unregistered
    Should have nothing to do with selfish, the few that are against it need to realize they will be taking home more money every paycheck. The 10th step won't happen unless we give up supplement pay. I would vote yes for a minimum 2/2/2, add the 10th step, no healthcare increase and no fuel fee. Supplement pay would stay the same and raises across the board.

Unregistered
    Should have nothing to do with selfish, the few that are against it need to realize they will be taking home more money every paycheck. The 10th step won't happen unless we give up supplement pay. I would vote yes for a minimum 2/2/2, add the 10th step, no healthcare increase and no fuel fee. Supplement pay would stay the same and raises across the board.
    IUPA is currently negotiating this very same thing. IUPA said if the 10th step can't be done the first year, then a 2/3/3 and the 10th step on the 2nd year of the contract! I would vote YES for either one. I was told this could easily be done because many topped out guys are retiring this year due to the drop before the 10th step and 3% raise goes into effect.

Unregistered
    Is IUPA considering making the first year offer 4% not retroactive? Folks we are already five months in. Lets look at the long term. Of course this is assuming everything else is the same ie: 10th step, no insurance increase etc...

Unregistered
    We need to hear from our union President. I have never seen the guy. A lot of guys in CI pushed for him. Hope to see him soon.

Unregistered
    Is IUPA considering making the first year offer 4% not retroactive? Folks we are already five months in. Lets look at the long term. Of course this is assuming everything else is the same ie: 10th step, no insurance increase etc...
    I would absolutely vote yes for 4/3/3 starting April 2016 , adding the 10th step, no fuel fee and no increase in healthcare cost.