The PBA dictatorship is alive
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

The PBA dictatorship is alive

Some pretty good bashing here from a select few but lets look at the facts.

In 2007, Didn't the PBA take it upon themselves to make 25% of the agency pay a vehicle use tax? If you never give anything up as a rule of thumb for negotiations, then what happened here? You were never allowed to vote on the issue and the PBA would not even allow anyone from out of county on the committee.

So you want to raise the payout level for sick time? How was that done in the past. In order to raise the cap, you must give something up. When the cap went up to 1160 hrs, the Deputies with less years on would now qualify for less of a sick time payout if they left the agency early. The PBA took from the membership in order to directly benefit the board members who were getting ready to enter the drop. Was there ever a vote on this or did the PBA just give something up like they claim what is going on now.

What about that magic bullet ballot in 2007 where you were allowed to vote on 4 separate issues but only cast one yes or no answer? Was that fair ? We had never seen this before and never seen a ballot like that since.

Where was the PBA when their own full time release person was not allowed to the PBA office because of a sexual harassment complaint? NOWHERE !!! They tried to cover it up and never told BSO

So now a new union is in and they decide to keep true to their words and allows the membership the opportunity to tell them if they like an idea or not. BOOM goes leo affairs with pure hate. I have never seen so much hate for simply asking for your opinion.

In the past, all the senior guys got pissed that we went to 12 hour shift and they blamed the junior guys because they were the majority.

Now the true PBA blood comes out when there is an idea that does not sit well with them. Well PBA, maybe if you had ever asked the membership what they wanted, you would still be in power but instead you chose to be a dictatorship and told everyone what they wanted because there was no other choice.

I did not cast my vote yet but as I look here, I can clearly see that SOME (not all) people in specialized units really do think they are better than everyone else. I would not have thought that 1 month ago.

Unregistered
    Well said.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

In 2007, Didn't the PBA take it upon themselves to make 25% of the agency pay a vehicle use tax? If you never give anything up as a rule of thumb for negotiations, then what happened here? You were never allowed to vote on the issue and the PBA would not even allow anyone from out of county on the committee.

So you want to raise the payout level for sick time? How was that done in the past. In order to raise the cap, you must give something up. When the cap went up to 1160 hrs, the Deputies with less years on would now qualify for less of a sick time payout if they left the agency early. The PBA took from the membership in order to directly benefit the board members who were getting ready to enter the drop. Was there ever a vote on this or did the PBA just give something up like they claim what is going on now.

What about that magic bullet ballot in 2007 where you were allowed to vote on 4 separate issues but only cast one yes or no answer? Was that fair ? We had never seen this before and never seen a ballot like that since.

Where was the PBA when their own full time release person was not allowed to the PBA office because of a sexual harassment complaint? NOWHERE !!! They tried to cover it up and never told BSO

So now a new union is in and they decide to keep true to their words and allows the membership the opportunity to tell them if they like an idea or not. BOOM goes leo affairs with pure hate. I have never seen so much hate for simply asking for your opinion.

In the past, all the senior guys got pissed that we went to 12 hour shift and they blamed the junior guys because they were the majority.

Now the true PBA blood comes out when there is an idea that does not sit well with them. Well PBA, maybe if you had ever asked the membership what they wanted, you would still be in power but instead you chose to be a dictatorship and told everyone what they wanted because there was no other choice.

I did not cast my vote yet but as I look here, I can clearly see that SOME (not all) people in specialized units really do think they are better than everyone else. I would not have thought that 1 month ago.
    It looks like either you did your HW or you've been here a while, or both. The majority if what you wrote is pretty accurate and makes sense. Why you had to end it with the specialized unit knock was childish though. You obviously did not hear how the cut was brought up; sneaky, manipulatively false, and underhandedly, that is why SOME (not all) of the people in SU are a little peeved. This is why it has produced your closing sentence: "I would not have thought that 1 month ago."

Unregistered

I agree, that back door fuel fee was a bunch of crap!

Unregistered
    And don't forget that some specialized don't pay the gas tax.

Unregistered
    Not true. Everyone In DLE pays out of county tax fee. Even SID in lease vehicles.

Unregistered
    Not true. Everyone In DLE pays out of county tax fee. Even SID in lease vehicles.
    Article 44.3 says otherwise

Unregistered
    Article 44.3 says otherwise
    My paycheck and everyone else's in my building says otherwise.

Unregistered
    It is only for on call special units. Sid is not included

Unregistered
    My chopper doesn't take unleaded you mook. Neither does my K-9 nor my flippers and fins.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast