Sold marijuana. cannot get hired?

Junior Member LEO Affairs Recruit

Sold marijuana. cannot get hired?

I thought I created a Really long detailed post. but cant find it. so i will just make this one short. I attempted to sell Marijuana one time when I was 18 or 19. I am 26 and have not been around any of that, or been apart of "That Life" for about 7 years. in fact. that part of my life lasted for less then 2 years, part of senior year in high school and some time after.

I applied for Polk County here in Florida and was DQ'd I called to Inquire as I never even made it to get an initial interview. they told me that anyone that has ever sold or moved any drugs was automatically DQ'd, no matter how long ago it was. (no record of it. but I was honest on the Application. figured I would be Polygraphed at some point anyway if I got that far. no point in hiding anything)

is this typical for every agency? im thinking it may be. im wondering if im looking at having a hard time finding an agency that will accept my Application, or an IMPOSSIBLE to find one. this isnt some spur of the moment idea.I have been wanting to be a Law Enforcement Officer for quite a few years now. and felt I needed to distance myself from my past first.
    Last edited by Gibson; 02-04-2016 at 10:00 PM.

Administrator LEO Affairs Chief MOD 1's Avatar
    It might not be impossible, but I would venture to say it would be nearly impossible. Sorry, but you asked. Only suggestion I would make for you is to try some of the smaller departments that are always short handed and desperate for people.

Here is a link to your other post. It is under the Florida section. http://forums.leoaffairs.com/showthr...ith-my-History
    Mod 1

http://WWW.LEOAFFAIRS.COM

Terms Of Use

The real reason that we can't have the Ten Commandments posted in a
    courthouse is this: You cannot post "Thou Shalt Not Steal," "Thou Shalt
    Not Commit Adultery," and "Thou Shall Not Lie" in a building full of
    lawyers, judges and politicians...It creates a hostile work environment.