Gimenez and The Little General at their finest while we drive old broken downvehicles

Unregistered

Gimenez and The Little General at their finest while we drive old broken downvehicles

From Political Cortadito:

Like a Virgin, About 150 Miami Dade County Police Cars Shiney and New... Just Sit. By Geniusofdespair

These spanking new police cars are just sitting in a a yard at SW 64 Street and 87th Avenue. Maybe 150 cars. Why? Carlos Gimenez touted public safety in his State of the County speech but here we have cars idle. Rumor has it that police cars were also bought without the police package. These cars cannot be returned or used for responding. I guess they are just eye candy? Carlos Gimenez's speech:
    ...Public safety has always been my top priority. To enhance the work of our Miami-Dade County Police Department and build more confidence between our community and our officers, my budget for fiscal year 2015-2016 includes the hiring of 125 police officers and the deployment of 1,000 body-worn cameras for our officers. We also continue to expand our vehicle fleet and modernize our Real-Time Crime Center. Youth violence is also a key concern of mine, and the safety of every child, of every resident in this community, is our responsibility. We must work together—law enforcement and the community—to put a stop to the violence.
    Why didn't he mention the purchase of a couple of million dollars worth of police cars that are just sitting in a lot so neatly parked in rows, all of them there while he was giving his speech?

at 8:48 AM
    Email This
    BlogThis!
    Share to Twitter
    Share to Facebook
    Share to Pinterest

4 comments:
    Anonymous said...
    Gimenez' finest work!
    February 04, 2016
    Anonymous said...
    Isn't that incompetence or malfeasance?
    February 04, 2016
    Its depressing said...
    Not only the cars are sitting there, we still have officers driving rattle traps with peeling paint, rust and roaches. The cars themselves are safety hazards. The county will take a car with 100,000+ miles on it and replace the transmission or the generator multiple times. The generators they use come from the lowest bidder,so all the electronics and power needs of the cars burn them out quickly, so the replacement generator is a short term fix.

Police morale sucks. They have to deal all the crap from other cities which really does not reflect the individual officer and they to deal with the politicization of the department.

February 04, 2016
    Anonymous said...
    Hey don't forget Gimenez's "new classes". They aren't really doing anything for the police shortage.

If the contracted cities are short an officer they can grab one from the existing population of officers. So if a station gets 9 "new" officers a city may take 3 experienced officers leaving the new ones to the station train and deal with. Net new personnel for that station is 6. (The officer count appears static, but the city was going to grab officers whether there were new ones available or not, the station was going to be down 3 people.)

Then along comes a federal grant which the county will use to pay the salaries of officers and so another 4 experienced officers are moved into specialized units out of district with 4 brand new inexperienced officers replacing the movees. Net new personnel for that station is now down to 2.(The county is going to grab 4 officers for the grant coverage whether there were new ones available or not, the station was going to be down 7 people without the new graduates)

And finally, along comes retirement and the end of a drop period. There goes 3 officers with 20 years and 2 officers with 25 years and 30 years, respectively. Other than the county residents have now lost experience and knowledge, the station now is at a net -3 officers for the new graduating class. The station without the graduated class members would be at -12 officers, so yes, the new class helped, but did not resolve much. The community is still short much needed protection.

It is a shell game. We are not creating additional police coverage, we are moving employees around and still not keeping up with retirement.
    February 04, 2016
    Post a Comment

Older Post Home
    Subs

Unregistered

He's Working On It, Soon

Listen no Jodan Mas the cars are coming soon, my son is getting certified in car striping so We can get the contract from my Buddy the Mayor.

Ok Relax Men

Unregistered
    Me 2. Got a contrat from my friend carlos. 2 million dollar 4 putting sticker in police carro. Ok is coming zoom. Relaj

Unregistered
    For those who still can read and understand our parents' native language, here is a joke. It would be hilarious, if it weren't so sad. Of course you will maintain good relations with the mayor; after all you are his hand-picked ____________________________________! Readers are free to fill in the blank with the most fitting adjective(s). With the PBA, that remains to be seen!

http://www.diariolasamericas.com/484...e-policia.html

Unregistered
    was the article deleted? i dont see it on the site

Unregistered

What's funny is

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    For those who still can read and understand our parents' native language, here is a joke. It would be hilarious, if it weren't so sad. Of course you will maintain good relations with the mayor; after all you are his hand-picked ____________________________________! Readers are free to fill in the blank with the most fitting adjective(s). With the PBA, that remains to be seen!

http://www.diariolasamericas.com/484...e-policia.html

What's funny is with all these fords, chryslers, dodges, and Jeeps purchased and just sitting around I wonder If a special Individual got some kind of Great Under the Table deal on the Purchase of his fully loaded decked out Jeep some time Back.

That be funny to know?

Unregistered
    cars are coming

Unregistered
    what happened to all the cars

Unregistered
    Has anyone seen all the new ford SUV's Parked behind HQ's ?? Cars are coming !!