IUPA survey is out. - Page 10
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Everyone that has a problem with IUPA's proposal MUST be a PBA supporter! /sarcasm

Getting really tired of hearing that crap and it couldn't be further from the truth. I'm an IUPA member and I think this proposal is trash. Today's email did nothing to answer the most important question of them all: HOW IS THIS GOING TO BE PAID FOR?

Unregistered
    Did you see the rumor control email that came out today by IUPA? I switch to IUPA and I'm disappointed with the double talk they tried to do regarding fto pay. Someone called me a moron for questioning it. Because they said it wouldn't be touched. Now they want to make all these changes to it and if its not agreed upon they're going to cut that too.

Unregistered
    So iupa now says no one under 5 years can be an FTD? And only FTD's can be corporals or "career deputies?"
    In many cases a 3-4 year deputy makes the best FTD.
    And before you start, I have 20+.
    When were they going to bring this up for a survey? Or is it just spin to distract from the original disastrous survey?
    Keep digging.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    So iupa now says no one under 5 years can be an FTD? And only FTD's can be corporals or "career deputies?"
    In many cases a 3-4 year deputy makes the best FTD.
    And before you start, I have 20+.
    When were they going to bring this up for a survey? Or is it just spin to distract from the original disastrous survey?
    Keep digging.
    Congrats you must be the only 20 year Deputy that actually thinks a 3 year Deputy makes a good FTO considering he spends the first year of his career in the academy and FTO. It generally takes 5 full years for any Law Enforcement Officer to be trained but I guess in BSO its different. Sorry PBA go cry somewhere else you lost and will never be back and these ridiculous posts are the reason why.

Unregistered
    Yeah the rumor control email was just more fuel on the fire. They want to make FTD's corporals and give them the best chance at making sergeant. So I guess deputies not on the road will be behind the eight ball when it comes to promotions. Basically Jeff Bell and IUPA are waging an all out war against specialized units and they aren't even trying to hide it.

Unregistered
    "Very good proposal"

Bullshit. There is zero chance the proposal is going to happen how it's being advertised.

By the way, why are FTDs and midnight deputies protected under this plan? I thought we all wear the same uniform?

Can anyone honestly say an FTD working midnights deserves to make more money than SWAT?

GTFO with this crap.
    What makes SWAT so special? Get over yourselves. Some of you are taking the "S" in SWAT way to personal.

Unregistered
    They will get it year 10 like everybody else.
    What about the deps who had their step raises frozen for 1 year.. Now we have to wait 11 years to top out.

Unregistered
    That's true everything is about being fair. How about the deputies who sacrificed their steps during the bad times. Are we going to get that back or do we have to wait 11 years to top out when everyone including the new hires only wait 10....

Unregistered
    They need a 3,3,3 across the board. No change in health cost and no fuel charge. If they can't do that then go to the commission and tell them to stop underfunding us.

Unregistered
    The county commission is just the sheriffs scapegoat. The money is there if he would balance his budget around us. Instead he's off buying pickup trucks for the homeless (luxury expense) and surrounds himself with more brass than we have ever had.

Instead of bringing these real issues to the table IUPA is playing the role of divider and its working really well.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast