IUPA survey is out.
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Unregistered

IUPA survey is out.

I just got the misleading survey. They keep stating EVERYONE gets a 7% raise this year. What about everyone with less than 10 years? What about specialty units that are going to lose more supplant pay than the new raise?
    We are giving in after one negotiating session.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I just got the misleading survey. They keep stating EVERYONE gets a 7% raise this year. What about everyone with less than 10 years? What about specialty units that are going to lose more supplant pay than the new raise?
    We are giving in after one negotiating session.
    If you actually read the letter it says that if you are not topped out, you still get your 5% step and 2% cola

Unregistered
    Field training deputy pay is considered a supplement under the contract. I believe night differential is also.

Unregistered
    If you actually read the letter it says that if you are not topped out, you still get your 5% step and 2% cola
    It said that everyone gets a raise.

Jeff Bell is a liar

Liar

Jeff Bell is trying to sway the vote people. He says he is for EVERYONE yet only people in Specialized Units are getting their money taken away. He said the FTDs and Midnight Deputies keep theirs. He'll try to say that they're not "supplement pay" but check Article 28 of the contract. Technically our First Responder Pay is a "supplement pay" under this Article as well so is that going to get taken away too?? You have divided us Jeff and you are a liar. You never give up money that we already have. Folks the 5% 10th step is just going to be proposed. It's not a guarantee. Plus the boss already said no to it.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Bell is a liar View Post
    Jeff Bell is trying to sway the vote people. He says he is for EVERYONE yet only people in Specialized Units are getting their money taken away. He said the FTDs and Midnight Deputies keep theirs. He'll try to say that they're not "supplement pay" but check Article 28 of the contract. Technically our First Responder Pay is a "supplement pay" under this Article as well so is that going to get taken away too?? You have divided us Jeff and you are a liar. You never give up money that we already have. Folks the 5% 10th step is just going to be proposed. It's not a guarantee. Plus the boss already said no to it.
    Well if the boss already said no to it then there is no harm in giving it a try!!

Unregistered
    When does the next step kick in? On your next anniversary date? Do i have to give up my sup pay now and have to wait until August to get the next step even thoughI have been topped out for years?

Unregistered

Disaster

Who negotiates to lose benefits? The post above brings up a great point about First Responder pay. That too is a supplement, as written. So not only are you going to lose the First Responder (2%) supplement pay that ALL deputies get, you eliminate the supplemental pay for other units. Effectively, if you have under ten years of service, you get NOTHING. The 2% you'd get would replace the 2% you lost. THEN, add the additional healthcare costs and everyone is earning less than we are receving now on top of the fuel surcharge for out-of-county deputies. This is a shell game. Why JB was steered down this road, I have no idea. I thought we had labor attorneys to assist in negotiations. This is asinine!

Unregistered
    Who negotiates to lose benefits? The post above brings up a great point about First Responder pay. That too is a supplement, as written. So not only are you going to lose the First Responder (2%) supplement pay that ALL deputies get, you eliminate the supplemental pay for other units. Effectively, if you have under ten years of service, you get NOTHING. The 2% you'd get would replace the 2% you lost. THEN, add the additional healthcare costs and everyone is earning less than we are receving now on top of the fuel surcharge for out-of-county deputies. This is a shell game. Why JB was steered down this road, I have no idea. I thought we had labor attorneys to assist in negotiations. This is asinine!
    Because he listens to morons. Hey Jeff I have an idea too. Take away all supplemental pay. Then all supervisors, Sergeants to Colonels, should lose their extra pay. Take all that money and divide it to everyone in DLE who is certified. I'm gonna be making 120K as base pay as a road patrol deputy. Can you send out a survey out on this?

Unregistered
    Reading is fundamental. Fist responder pay is not included

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast