12 hours shift Troop C
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Unregistered

12 hours shift Troop C

Why is Pinellas the only County in Troop C still working 8 hours shift privileges?
    Let's just make all Counties in Troop C work 12 hours shift.
    If we have to work 12's you guys can too, just saying...

Unregistered
    You voted for 12 hour shifts, and Pinellas members voted for 8 hour shifts it is just that simple. Next time you vote do your home work .

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Why is Pinellas the only County in Troop C still working 8 hours shift privileges?
    Let's just make all Counties in Troop C work 12 hours shift.
    If we have to work 12's you guys can too, just saying...
    Pinellas is not the only county. Hernando, Sumter and Citrus are 8 hour shifts.

Unregistered
    Pinellas is not the only county. Hernando, Sumter and Citrus are 8 hour shifts.
    Nope they were forced to take 12's even though they voted for 8's. The count was fixed.

Unregistered
    Who cares...transfer if you want 8's, I love the time off working 12's.

Unregistered
    I tried to transfer to get the 8 hour shifts but there is a waiting list now. I will give up 5k to go back to 8 hour shifts. We end up in court or training on days off. We never have three days off without something coming up during the week.

12 hour days three Troopers to work entire county if everyone shows up for work equals one very long day. We have noticed vehicle repairs and misc stuff takes a lot longer working the 12 hour shifts. We also manage to turn 8 hour training days into a 12 hour work day.

On the bright side FWC is happy less Troopers working off duty due to the 16 hour restrictions being the max hours we can workin in a day.

Unregistered
    Who cares...transfer if you want 8's, I love the time off working 12's.
    12 HOUR SHIFTS DO NOT GIVE YOU MORE TIME OFF!!! It's still 80 hours every two weeks no matter how you slice it. It's easy to see how the wool got pulled over so many people's eyes now......

Unregistered
    12 HOUR SHIFTS DO NOT GIVE YOU MORE TIME OFF!!! It's still 80 hours every two weeks no matter how you slice it. It's easy to see how the wool got pulled over so many people's eyes now......
    You're right, you don't get more time off but you do get more days off. You also spend less time getting ready for work since you are working fewer days. Your work hours don't change but you get 3 more days off each 2 week pay period than you do when working 8 hour shifts.

Unregistered

You're right, you don't get more time off but you do get more days off. You also spend less time getting ready for work since you are working fewer days. Your work hours don't change but you get 3 more days off each 2 week pay period than you do when working 8 hour shifts.
    Great analysis of the reality of 12 hour shifts on # of times to prepare, and # of days off.
    But, I still see a significant "fatigue-factor" towards the end of each shift and that includes more injuries and risks due to being fatigued.

Unregistered
    The positives with the 8 hour shifts, is you get five days off every other shift change. Also with 8 hour shifts you do not get stuck working 6pm to 6am shift for an entire year.

But the joys of being able to stay up all night long on my days off because I cannot sleep after being forced to work 6am to 6pm with no pay compensation is great!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast