Miami motorist pulls over MDPD police officer for speeding - Page 8
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    When are any of you Sworn Officers going to honor your oath and arrest Javier Ortiz for violating Florida Statute 784.048? https://www.flsenate.gov/laws/statutes/2011/784.048
    You don't need to arrest Ortiz. You simply contact SAO intake and file a complaint. It only takes one. In this case, Ortiz's decision to re-post the information on that woman makes it very easy for SAO to prove "intent" to commit a crime.

Unregistered
    You don't need to arrest Ortiz. You simply contact SAO intake and file a complaint. It only takes one. In this case, Ortiz's decision to re-post the information on that woman makes it very easy for SAO to prove "intent" to commit a crime.
    An officer would have to forward a police report. At least according to the SAO a civilian cannot do it.

Unregistered
    Call the SAO. Officers aren't going to do it.
    Ortiz committed no crime ms castillo wanted attention she got it hes immature but not a criminal

Unregistered
    An officer would have to forward a police report. At least according to the SAO a civilian cannot do it.
    I believe that you are referring to cases that do not involve police-related misconduct. SAO should take cases (directly) that involve police-related misconduct. If, however, any citizen wants to ensure a review, they should stop by a police station, file a complaint (which will generate a mandatory report), and then present the report to SAO.

FOP has plenty of LEO dollars to hire a good lawyer for Ortiz (perhaps they could find a better place to spend those dollars). Facebook knew what it was doing when it deleted his posts.

Unregistered
    what happened to the officer

Unregistered
    The officer was speeding without cause. The citizen wasn't a shining example of role model but last time I checked... law enforcement officers ARE SUPPOSED TO BE. The badge isn't a blank check nor a shield from integrity.

Instead of just moving on, now we have a bunch of man-children circulating her personal information online in a willful attempt to harass her, "public" information or not.

I am also willing to there are a few morons who decided to run her information in DAVID and F/NCIC without an official purpose. I would start looking for attorneys. Remember Watts?

I am really embarrassed for you all. If this exact scenario played out anywhere in the state outside of southeast Florida, the follow-up harassment wouldn't have happened. I guess it's just the mentality down there. Just saying!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678