Can you please tell me about working in Biscayne Park?

Unregistered

Can you please tell me about working in Biscayne Park?

Hi, folks. BPPD does not have their own board, so I figured I'd ask here. If this isn't alright, Mods, please delete. I am looking to relocate from a small agency in N. Florida. BP is appealing to me for it's small size, it's community-oriented policing style and the small-town feel. Does anybody have any information about working for BPPD? I know they have a new Chief who seems to be taking the Department in a great direction, and who appears to be well-liked. Any information would be appreciated. Stay safe, everyone. God bless, and have a great weekend. Thank you.

Unregistered
    Best take a road trip down and reconnoiter the Village and its surrounding communities. Doubtless it will be an illuminating experience.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Bi...e57a2e7afb708a

Unregistered
    Nice homes surrounded by complete crap. That's Biscayne Park in a nut shell.

You're looking to move here and 90% of the officers here are dying to move north. Just something to think about.

Unregistered
    Small PD with little to no craziness....the most they do is back up Intracoastal metro units on perimeters.....quiet....boring if you're looking for action.......great if you want mellow and prefer not to get into anything.

Unregistered
    Thanks, everyone.

Unregistered

It Sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hi, folks. BPPD does not have their own board, so I figured I'd ask here. If this isn't alright, Mods, please delete. I am looking to relocate from a small agency in N. Florida. BP is appealing to me for it's small size, it's community-oriented policing style and the small-town feel. Does anybody have any information about working for BPPD? I know they have a new Chief who seems to be taking the Department in a great direction, and who appears to be well-liked. Any information would be appreciated. Stay safe, everyone. God bless, and have a great weekend. Thank you.
    Your better off getting a job at Wal-Mart! The place sucks, Columbo here's a tip for the future. If there ain't a board chances are there's nothing to talk about, Wack-My- Nuts security makes more money than these guys. And if your applying to it, the other chances are you Wont be hired. Those jobs are handed out on a personal level, stay north Florida south Florida policing sucks ass!