Time to leave the PBA
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

Time to leave the PBA

Next month, reps from IUPA will be making calls and appearances to start your PERC drive to throw Rod and the PBA out. In 2 months, IUPA has replaced the PBA at BSO and held open elections where everyone got to vote, not just the leadership. New executive board members, new district reps and now details have gone up from 37 to 43 an hrs and to 52 an hr for 12 select bars. PBA last got a detail raise in 2008.

The time has come to send Rod packing. He is more worried about his take home car and full release position than he is about you. The PBA is in a financial tailspin with only 1000 members left county wide. They will not be able to afford decent lawyers if your officers get indicted like Peraza did. Do not risk your future with the imploding union

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Next month, reps from IUPA will be making calls and appearances to start your PERC drive to throw Rod and the PBA out. In 2 months, IUPA has replaced the PBA at BSO and held open elections where everyone got to vote, not just the leadership. New executive board members, new district reps and now details have gone up from 37 to 43 an hrs and to 52 an hr for 12 select bars. PBA last got a detail raise in 2008.

The time has come to send Rod packing. He is more worried about his take home car and full release position than he is about you. The PBA is in a financial tailspin with only 1000 members left county wide. They will not be able to afford decent lawyers if your officers get indicted like Peraza did. Do not risk your future with the imploding union
    I'll never understand how Rod has been assigned to his post at the PBA for all these years but that doesn't mean I would change unions to spite him. As far as contracts, I'm happy but I know there's much more to think about.
    If IUPA is better, show us.

Unregistered

wonder if Walt D is happy?

Yea little clause slipped in the contract... If you have a heart attack due to the stress of this shit job you have to work in records for $12 an hour or get shit canned. Hmmm great contract

Unregistered
    This place is a joke how did we ever agree to this contract? Now you know why Rod stays at the PBA it's because he will throw the entire dept under the bus to take care of himself. This city is getting away with murder but we are the jerks who keep letting it go on by letting the city

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    This place is a joke how did we ever agree to this contract? Now you know why Rod stays at the PBA it's because he will throw the entire dept under the bus to take care of himself. This city is getting away with murder but we are the jerks who keep letting it go on by letting the city
    Don't blame the PBA for this one because our workers comp was gutted three contracts ago when we all were younger and no one paid attention. Blame is on the membership for not speaking up at that time. In all fairness though the city cared about its employees back then so you figured they would always stand by you.

We need to all stick together now because it is us the Pba against the city.

Unregistered
    Seriously? The PBA against the city? It was our PBA who got this full time release funded by these very cuts. CCPD does not have enough work to justify a full position but somehow we continue to pay the ptice for this supposed representation. we are fools if we keep the fools from the PBA

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by unregistered View Post
    seriously? The pba against the city? It was our pba who got this full time release funded by these very cuts. Ccpd does not have enough work to justify a full position but somehow we continue to pay the ptice for this supposed representation. We are fools if we keep the fools from the pba
    roger that!

Unregistered
    I can't believe that we have to have a full time PBA guy why isn't he workin at the PD? He should quit so we can get another cop on the road.

Unregistered
    I have only been here about a year I thought every ps had a PBA guy

Unregistered
    Does anyone know if the PBA is going to start working on our contract and tell us what they think is important or will it be another back room deal

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast