Theft of drivers license by deputy - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Unregistered
    You should find the answer to your question in Florida State Statute 322.03(1)(b): http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/...s/0322.03.html

It specifically states, "A person may not have more than one valid driver’s license at any time." The DHSMV does not issue duplicate licenses, they issue replacement licenses, and require that you surrender/destroy any driver's license currently in your possession. You should have obtained an ID card if you were looking to have a duplicate form of identification.

Does that answer your question?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    You should find the answer to your question in Florida State Statute 322.03(1)(b): http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/...s/0322.03.html

It specifically states, "A person may not have more than one valid driver’s license at any time." The DHSMV does not issue duplicate licenses, they issue replacement licenses, and require that you surrender/destroy any driver's license currently in your possession. You should have obtained an ID card if you were looking to have a duplicate form of identification.

Geez Louis, are you stupid or just fell off a turnip truck? Replacement/duplicate is going to be the same friggin thing in my book and probably the rest of the intelligent world. I had the original, ahole took it, now I have a REPLACEMENT. No wonder cops are so hated today. And no the investigation has barely just begun so I do not have the answer, but nice try. So he just gets to pocket it and walk away like we never met. I don't think so. Thick as thieves the bunch of you. Knock yourself out with your idiotic responses. I am not coming back to this moronic site. Only one person so far has given a half way intelligent answer.

Unregistered
    In your last post you stated it was a duplicate and I was pointing out the statute regarding multiple licenses. I apologize if I misread your post. Hopefully the investigation gets you the answers you're look for.

If the deputy intentionally and maliciously kept your driver's license without probable cause then he deserves any punishment due to him. If it was an oversight then hopefully you can be reunited with your most valuable possession.

I do hope, however, that if the deputy was in the right and gave you a verbal warning instead of a citation, he changes his mind and writes you that citation. He has up until one year from the time of the offense to issue a citation and you're attitude on here certainly dictates that you receive any and all citations coming your way. You know, since you're such a stickler for the law.

Unregistered
    Yea, i still don't buy it. Because I'm sure you were a complete douchebag on scene, and I'm sure I could have found several citations to write you.

Unregistered
    Well if nothing else comes from this drama it is a lesson to be learned. The citizen is irate because he/she allegedly doesn't understand why the license was taken (Though I think the antagonizing response after the original question was uncalled for and probably added fuel to the flame). With the info at hand it appears it would be the fault of the deputy for not explaining clearly. And one would have to question if there isn't a paper trail. Secondly, always cya. Cause though most of us try our best to do great work, it is the small things that always come back to bite you. Whether the deputy is right or wrong, the documentation would go a long way in clearing things up. Now it sounds like it is going to be a he said/she said. And lastly, as stated by the last post, if the deputy is in the wrong, then he deserves his punishment because it reflects on all of us.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

"The DHSMV does not issue duplicate licenses, they issue replacement licenses"...If you go to the DHSMV website and renew a license it clearly states Replacement/Duplicate, poster 1, deputy 0.

Unregistered
    Good luck getting the State Attorney to prosecute for possible mistake. By your answers on this forum it's quite evident you are an a$$hole.

Unregistered
    I can’t believe i read through this entire post from over two years ago and didn’t see anyone post the most likely reason the deputy took the license. It’s a misdemeanor to possess a not valid license. The deputy most likely took it from the original poster and cut him a break by not issuing the criminal citation. The statute for this is 322.32.

maryjonesregistered

Angry

[QU****OTE=Unregistered;2508757]Need cheese and crackers with your whine
    **** you pig

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12