SHT, Saturday, December 26, 2015: More questions about K9 team - premeditation - Page 3
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    No sooner does this story break, then the Vespia North Port Sun counters with the Good Samaritan propaganda story.
    Front page lead story to.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    No sooner does this story break, then the Vespia North Port Sun counters with the Good Samaritan propaganda story.
    Front page lead story to.
    xmas is over, so secret santa and his crew have gone away, all the driveways have there baby blue stripes, Josh has worked his magic and now back to reality. Question is, can Josh spin a complaint to the governor asking for and requesting an FDLE investigation?. Yes I know KV is on the Chiefs assoc board and has hired a couple former FDLE guys, but, hmmm would be interesting. How about a complaint to the Justice Dept, KV hasn't hired any of them. Are there legitimate complaints and civil rights violations here? How about a complaint to both agencies, FDLE will certainly then be above board..Those of us who work here know what goes on daily !!!!!! One news article every couple months is not going to do the trick. Stephanie, I am sympathetic to your situation, you have tried the reasonable approach, how did that work for you. You have a legitimate complaint and documentation. Write a letter to the governor with details and reference the tribunes articles, ask him for a FDLE investigation. If you go thru his office they will less likely try and cover this up. Send a complaint into the justice dept. You are a very articulate person, I am sure you can fully describe what has transpired against you, your son and others. Jump on the bandwagon and file a lawsuit and be very vocal about it. The voters of North Port who do not read the tribune have NO idea what is going on here, they will certainly not hear any negative articles from the sun newspaper. Make 2016 the year of change !!!!!!!

Unregistered
    I and most of my neighbors have lost all faith in the City Commission. In my opinion they are just as guilty for letting this Police Department run the way it has been running. I am voting for and fully supporting any candidate that is willing to make changes in our agency. As for the Sun. I disagree with the above post. In my opinion I don't think that many people read that rag. It is mostly filled with sponsored content and has very little awards that would prove that it is a real news source. If the owner of the sun wanted more advertising dollars he would have his people write real stories (just my opinion). The Herald is a real paper.

Unregistered
    The story is going viral nationally. Just Google the words "north port police dog bite" and hundreds if hits pop up, including stories on viral news aggregators like this one: https://reason.com/blog/2015/12/28/f...seemed-to-enjo

Unregistered
    I am wondering why the so called good police officers leave it all up to Stephanie. I have just started reading this site and the whole thing is very alarming. I am so glad it went viral. I am sure there are good police officers however I am also sure the bad ones have ruined many lives. Trumped up charges calling an 18 year old suicidal boy a felon and violent when none of it was true. That is what happens good people have been destroyed their lives and reputations by a few not sure of the number bad cops. How long is this going to happen from what I can see it has been years.

Senior Member LEO Affairs Captain
    I am wondering why the so called good police officers leave it all up to Stephanie. I have just started reading this site and the whole thing is very alarming. I am so glad it went viral. I am sure there are good police officers however I am also sure the bad ones have ruined many lives. Trumped up charges calling an 18 year old suicidal boy a felon and violent when none of it was true. That is what happens good people have been destroyed their lives and reputations by a few not sure of the number bad cops. How long is this going to happen from what I can see it has been years.
    I appreciate your sentiment, I too, came here a couple years back looking for the good cops to stop the bad cops. Sadly, that is a dangerous game here in North Port. The good officers have families to support and cannot afford to risk their livelihoods. It doesn't take much research to see what happens to Whistleblowers in the City of North Port... (See FEMA Cheating scandal for an example)

Almost as bad, maybe worse, is the fact they are using taxpayers dollars to hire a Public Information Officer who seemingly takes great time and efforts spinning the problematic officers. I don't have any first hand knowledge of who is bad or good, save the officers in my house, the LIEutenant that got the 'cover it up' ball rolling and the decision makers that found it to be a good idea to promote the dirty *******s. I do see the same patterns repeating themselves here, again and again. It has to stop, one way or the other, before someone gets killed or worse yet, one of the good cops ends up going down on a false accusation because of the mere reputation that our force has. THAT would be the greatest tragedy of all.

Now if all of our K9s and officers were outfitted with body cameras.. we could protect the good guys from the false accusations and eliminate those that are not. It is very, very clear that Chief Vespia is not interested in such. I have tried numerous times to get his position on body cameras. The best I can get is an offer to meet for coffee to discuss. I want it in writing. I want the obstacles laid out so we can find a path around them and get our good officers and citizens protected NOW.

It is very frustrating. I have never known a true leader that was so reticent to go on the record. Isnt the job of a leader to communicate a vision so we can all follow him? What is our Chief's vision? From his record, he supports citizen abuse, coverups, dogs mauling, and lots and lots of Public Relations schticks.

Why not go on the record Chief Vespia?

Unregistered
    yes so true why in the world would they not want body cameras it would protect everyone. That in itself is very suspicious. I understand about whistle-blowers but people are being hurt I think enough would be enough. I know many people that would never call the police in North Port for fear of what would happen and that is sad. I also know a few people and some very good people whose lives have been destroyed by lies etc by the police. Believe me we need police officers there are criminals and it is important. The body camera issue would solve it all. It will not solve the few people I know that have been destroyed by police cover ups and lies but it would help the future. So hopefully change will happen this just cannot continue or can it?

Unregistered
    yes so true why in the world would they not want body cameras it would protect everyone. That in itself is very suspicious. I understand about whistle-blowers but people are being hurt I think enough would be enough. I know many people that would never call the police in North Port for fear of what would happen and that is sad. I also know a few people and some very good people whose lives have been destroyed by lies etc by the police. Believe me we need police officers there are criminals and it is important. The body camera issue would solve it all. It will not solve the few people I know that have been destroyed by police cover ups and lies but it would help the future. So hopefully change will happen this just cannot continue or can it?
    body camera's are not the fix all for this department, they can be manipulated whether you want to believe this or not.turned on and off at officers discretion. The first step is accountability and this starts at the top, if the commission had the guts to do the right thing they would fire our chief, he has lied about his education, his experience and everything since he came to florida from Rhode Island. Lie Lie Lie. Got hired on NPPD after he had a weeks paid suspension in charlotte over criminal matters, then had the balls to file a complaint against the IA detectives, yes it is all in writing. Resigned from Charlotte because he felt he wasn't being treated fairly, you have to be kidding me !!! Terry Lewis hired this man without a psychological exam or a polygraph exam. This man has nothing more than a GED from Rhode Island and one college course and yet he manages a 14.5 million dollar budget.
    Wonder why things are Bad here. The Assistant Chief is no better,although he is educated he does have a track record just google him. Wonder why there is chaos and anarchy, the commission is lame duck and in the chiefs pocket, the city manager is useless, anyone even interested in running for a commission seat better take heed, a good house cleaning is necessary for our city to survive.

Unregistered
    So you are saying that the Chief does not have a college degree? There is no waaaaay that is true. Can you prove this? I would say that he needs to go and then we can start to see changes but he needs to take his yes men with him too.

Unregistered
    So you are saying that the Chief does not have a college degree? There is no waaaaay that is true. Can you prove this? I would say that he needs to go and then we can start to see changes but he needs to take his yes men with him too.
    It is so true, look at his bio on sw fla police chiefs assoc, states he is pursuing a master degree from Andrew Jackson university in Alabama . This is a 2015 bio. I researched this and found this school closed in 2010 and moved to Utah and reopened under New College, privately owned for profit college. Was closed for being a diploma mill (allegedly). So how does one actively pursue a degree from a college which is closed. Did my due diligence, found out that a certain person attended grade school Brown elementary in Johnston RI, research this, it is a special education school. he then went to Johnston High school where he quit in the 11th grade. Got his GED in RI on 4/20/90 and attended a local comm college one course criminal law 3 credit hours, can find no more education listed for him.
    Notice on his bio how he words it, where he never mentions having an associates or bachelors degree like the other members do. Remember this is all a matter of public record.
    Oh and there is so so much more saving the best for when he raises his right hand and swears to tell the truth !!!!!!!

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast