SHT, Saturday, December 26, 2015: More questions about K9 team - premeditation
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Unregistered

SHT, Saturday, December 26, 2015: More questions about K9 team - premeditation

From page A-1 of today's Herald-Tribune, teasing a story to be published tomorrow:

COMING SUNDAY

Internal police transmissions obtained by the Herald-Tribune show that North Port police officers discussed premeditated use of a police dog on an 18-year-old suspect. The transmissions were made before any warning was issued to the teenager, who was hiding in a trash can in a garage.

Civil rights and police experts say the electronic messages raise serious questions about the North Port K9 unit, which is already facing allegations of improperly unleashing dogs on suspects. A Herald-Tribune investigation in July [of this year] found that North Port officers commanded police dogs to bite more suspects over the past five years than five other local municipal police department K9 units combined.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    From page A-1 of today's Herald-Tribune, teasing a story to be published tomorrow:

COMING SUNDAY

Internal police transmissions obtained by the Herald-Tribune show that North Port police officers discussed premeditated use of a police dog on an 18-year-old suspect. The transmissions were made before any warning was issued to the teenager, who was hiding in a trash can in a garage.

Civil rights and police experts say the electronic messages raise serious questions about the North Port K9 unit, which is already facing allegations of improperly unleashing dogs on suspects. A Herald-Tribune tinvestigation in July [of this year] found that North Port officers commanded police dogs to bite more suspects over the past five years than five other local municipal police department K9 units combined.
    Explains the three attempts at trying to polish the turd image we have by trying to bribe the public with Christmas gifts.
    Kevin was trying to head off the next media storm that is about to destroy the k9 cowboys div.

If the "electronic message" is anything like many that are passed around, this should spell the end for our fearless leader.

Unregistered

COMING SUNDAY

Civil rights and police experts say the electronic messages raise serious questions about the North Port K9 unit, which is already facing allegations of improperly unleashing dogs on suspects. A Herald-Tribune investigation in July [of this year] found that North Port officers commanded police dogs to bite more suspects over the past five years than five other local municipal police department K9 units combined.
    Kevin T Vespia the T stands for teflon, nothing sticks

Unregistered

When is this going to stop

I was just wondering with all this going on why in the world is something not being done about this. So many complaints that are valid and true and nothing is being done? Does someone have to be killed for this city to open its eyes? This type of behavior has been happening for years. I think we have many good police officers however, we have way to many officers who believe they are above everyone. Week after week we see stories of their misconduct and the way they disrespect the public. They escalate situations with their behavior and it is time to stop. What gives them the power to act in this manner what!!!!

I think many people ignore it because they say " oh they are just criminals they will say anything" Okay now what those so called criminals are citizens being escalated, bitten and beating etc. They are having their lives destroyed by police that are suppose to protect. Instead of protecting people they trump up charges so the real truth does not come out. Time for the truth people to many people are suffering from their lies.

I could care less about your pretty pictures of giving gifts out wow what about the pretty pictures of the beatings and bites. After reading the article these officers were already locked and loaded how dare you use your power to harm. Please someone either sue the hell out of them or come in with a broom and clean them all out. I believe even the good officers should be cleaned out if they are going to remain silent about this behavior. Their silence is just as bad as the behavior they are part of the problem.

Unregistered
    Here is the HT trying to make a bad guy out to be a victim again.. He knowingly ran to the garage and hid from the police. And then refused to come out and show his hands. Oh, and I believe the guy had felony warrants too.. I'm SHOCKED they forgot to add that to the story. This is another case of, CAD messages or not, the bad guy creating his own destiny with a lack of compliance. Good job Dietz and Cammo for keeping everyone safe.

Unregistered
    Here is the HT trying to make a bad guy out to be a victim again.. He knowingly ran to the garage and hid from the police. And then refused to come out and show his hands. Oh, and I believe the guy had felony warrants too.. I'm SHOCKED they forgot to add that to the story. This is another case of, CAD messages or not, the bad guy creating his own destiny with a lack of compliance. Good job Dietz and Cammo for keeping everyone safe.
    Dietz is a criminal
    of domestic violence. He resigned in disgrace and moved out of state. Now please justify his actions!
    Your the reason the city does nothing except cover its tracks after the fact.
    You are a piece of shit who sees nothing wrong with domedtic violence.

Unregistered
    The article never mentioned the CAD acronym. You would have to be a cop, current or fired, to know that term. I'm thinking the latter.

Unregistered
    Wonder why Keith buddy was not interviewed about his messaging comments?
    In all the stories current and past in the year and a half this thing has been going on, one thing is constant. Keith Bush has not commented once. I don't mean here, I mean in the media.

Senior Member LEO Affairs Captain

Not once, but twice...

Can you read.. or did you not bother to? Not once, but twice, Mr. Davidson mentioned the kid non violent criminal background.
    Police responded to the young man's home after family members reported he was suicidal because of an active violation of probation warrant. He had no violent criminal history.

At the time of the attack, Lemay was wanted for violating his probation on a prior charge of unarmed burglary of an unoccupied structure and resisting an officer without violence. Lemay said he was depressed and considering suicide.

Unregistered
    You believe the guy had felony warrants? That sounds like I do not know the answer but lets throw that in there. An 18 year old suicidal boy period. I do not think the police were called because they believe he had felony warrants? I believe they were called because he was suicidal. Here we go blaming the victim to cover up corruption same old story.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast