Iupa

Thread: Iupa

Unregistered

Iupa

I'm sick of the same old same old about our sell out Union. Who is ready to sign with IUPA?

Unregistered

To organize

I spoke with Jeff 941-350-9170 and got a bunch of information. I volunteered to help organize and you should to by calling him. I'm done with the self serving do nothing union we have now.

Unregistered
    Time for some fact checking guys. Obviously you are not happy with the Teamsters. That no leaves you with the choice of IUPA, PBA or FOP. With the PBA, you can not vote on your leadership. Whomever starts the chapter will continue to run the chapter as the president for as long as they want. If you need civil lawyers, I clearly states in their rules that the first $3,500 is covered and then if you need more money, you must go in front of the board for funding. Also, the dues that you pay are spread out t cover he costs of all of the PBA chapters in Florida. Your dues will go to south Florida where a lot of people get in trouble. The PBA is currently going through their largest membership drop in history and are in financial trouble. Makes you wonder why they want you.

FOP runs on a similar philosophy as the PBA but you have a little bit more control. Legal protection is just like the PBA's. A few big cases and there is no more money for me and you.

IUPA is the fastest growing union in the state of Florida. Maybe they are doing something right, maybe they are great in sales. I do know that they allow each local to draft their own bylaws, there are open elections for the leadership. Money is rebated back to each local every month in order to build a treasury an the legal defense fund is far beyond what the PBA or FOP can offer combined. 15 million in the legal reserve fund alone, no caps in legal costs, no reimbursement for services and each involved person in a critical incident gets their own attorney.

Do whatever you want but obviously there are certain advantages of one over the other.